Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2008, 02:10 AM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No any leaks from Pentax. Why?

It will be very funny if Pentax will show only DA*55, DA*60-250, new case for DA limited and MAYBE K2000D in body of K200D.

I see the migration to D700 from Pentax...It's sad...

08-28-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
Banned

why would pentax need to leak anything? I don't quite get your comment, besides if people choose to switch from pentax to nikon they are more than welcome. most will do it without having done proper research and for likely dumb reasons anyway. nobody really has any clue what pentax is going to unveil. and even if there biggest unveiling is a few lenses that's more than the big two have come up with in lenses for quite some time. Pentax IS designing new lenses the big two and now sony are just rehashing older lenses. though im sure some Pentax folks would love to see the re-introduction of the FA* lenses. I know this is the news and rumor section but geez I swear some of you people obviously have too much time on your hands if you worry so much about things like this.
08-28-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It seems Pentax is becoming much stricter in its leaking information prior to official press releases. This message is clear from various sources. There's not even an known embargo date...

Perhaps they want to surprise the competition, or perhaps Hoya just decided to put an end to the tradition of expectation and start a tradition of availability. As such it seems normal to wait as long as possible with announcements until the time between announcement and actual availability is sufficiently short for the hype created by the announcement not to have died out by the time customers can actually buy the product.

Who knows? I guess we will within a month or possibly sooner...

Wim
08-28-2008, 02:29 AM   #4

indeed

I completely agree with the last post,

Sick to death of people obsessing about what the other manufacturers are up to, and what Pentax is doing to respond. I am amazed anyone has time to take any photo's at all.

Maybe if people actually used the fantastic cameras they actually own, and remind themselves that great photo's are possible right now, instead of maybe possible a few months down the line, depending on what hardware is available, and who made it, and who's switching and...and...and...

Here on the forum we seem to be doing a great job of dissing Pentax and being really negative, I bet the other manufacturers love us to bits!

Remember, Mozart did not put off writing amazing music because the multi million pound recording studio had not been invented, he just used what he had, and the genius shone through

dave

08-28-2008, 02:51 AM   #5
Inactive Account

this seems a bit random and illogical.
IM with Seamuis on this, Pentax is doing alot atm that the other's aren't. Not that competition or comparison is fair or needed. You are always welcome to migrate though
I love what I have, and I had the rest. My pentax and Sigma lenses does it for me, short and long.

Either way, have a look at the lens roadmap?

Be as it may, Ogl's comment is fair and we accept it. Maybe he didn't mean it the way it came out, so let's cut some slack hehe
08-28-2008, 03:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

My K20D's and Pentax lenses do the job for me and very well for that matter...Nuff said.

Ben
08-28-2008, 03:50 AM   #7
Forum Member

I find it quite bizarre

all these lemmings jumping ship because there is no announcement about a new top-line camera and many comments come from those who do not have the K20D

I am still enjoying my K10D, which is still very new to me and the quality I get is stunning. Do I care whether people are defecting to Nikon or not? No, not one bit, after all, people swap and change all the time...

Frankly what Sony does or doesn't do is irrelevant - think BetaMax and Memorystick, plus other technologies that are evolutionary 'dead ends'...

08-28-2008, 04:09 AM   #8
Inactive Account

benjikan for president!
08-28-2008, 04:09 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by davebris33 Quote
I completely agree with the last post,
Sick to death of people obsessing about what the other manufacturers are up to, and what Pentax is doing to respond.
Me too. Reading all these hand-wringing posts, one might think that, should Pentax fail somehow, all Pentax cameras the world over will spontaneously combust. At some point you have to stop worrying about your gear and take a photo!
08-28-2008, 04:34 AM   #10
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
A lof of rumors...But it's hard to trust.

Last edited by ogl; 08-28-2008 at 04:43 AM.
08-28-2008, 04:39 AM   #11
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The situation is that financial results of photo division of Hoya with K20D/K200D are worse than it was with K100D/K10D. The percentage of Pentax in DSLR market in Japan are falling...
Hoya have closed Pentax Shanghai, for example...
none of this means anything at the moment, please let us not go back into the whole 'pentax is doomed' crap.
08-28-2008, 04:43 AM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I agree wholeheartedly with benjikan on this, my Pentax kit has paid the bills right from the early days right up to my K10D which is still doing it today.
08-28-2008, 04:46 AM   #13
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
none of this means anything at the moment, please let us not go back into the whole 'pentax is doomed' crap.
I did remember Pentax very good in 2004-2005 years
Near the death...With FA* lenses in shops.
08-28-2008, 04:48 AM   #14
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
I mean that it's in Pentax's interests to make any leaks...If they really have something new.
08-28-2008, 04:56 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I mean that it's in Pentax's interests to make any leaks...If they really have something new.
The news will be "leaked out" at the Photokina and I will be one of the first to see the new stuff in real.

BTW, I know nothing at the moment, so please don't ask