Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Pentax will not bring out a FF camera just because your lens selection (in your signature) is FF only.

Don't be disappointed if the FF Pentax is in fact the 645D
Well, I certainly won't be disappointed either way: I recently secured a 6x7 --> 645 adapter for my 6x7 lenses and all of my current lenses for the K10D are full frame =)

In fact, the only non full frame lens that I intend to get one day (once the QC problems are history and I have more money) is the DA star 16-50mm.

Best regards,
Boucicaut

08-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam Quote
Do you have any idea about CANON's 2007 annual financial report?

....(some inaccurate numbers regarding parent company represented as camera division sales placed here)...

You honestly believe that Canon Corp. even cares about what Pentax is doing? LOL

sam

Yes, they most certainly do. There are entities within Canon corp. who's basic reason for existing are to worry about the camera competition - P&S, Video, and DSLR. Now, mostly that's Nikon, but believe me, people would be fired if Pentax came out with something new and Canon wasn't able to respond because Pentax was being 'ignored'. People generally don't want to get fired.

08-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #63
Busiko

PENTAX does not Leak

I've been following this thread and could not understand its purpose. After hours around the room I realized that the fact Pentax is not leaking is because of the weather sealing effectiveness. That's it.
Rui
08-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #64

I only just got my K20D after using the *istDS for years. Why would I want to jump ship? The K20D does everything I want it to do.

I'd actually be annoyed if I was a Canikon user and had to try and remember which model does what. IMHO they are pumping out *way* too many models at the moment. It's getting ridiculous.

With Pentax, you have "entry level" and "advanced enthusiast". A "pro" would be good but at the moment what we have is simple and it works

08-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #65

Guys, I know we are all fans of Pentax, and are keen to see new product from them. We all want to see Pentax steal market share from Canon and Nikon since the Canon/Nikon 'cartel', for the most part, isn't the value for money we need to see. Attractive as the D700 and D90 are, as well as the 50D and, probably the 5DMk2, we have made a choice to be with Pentax because it's what we know and love. I think our desire is to see Pentax be much more competitive in order to ensure their survival.

Personally, I'd like to see Pentax come out with a full-frame sensor, pro-level DSLR that kicks D3/1DS butts, however the reality is that Canon and Nikon have the top-end pretty much sewn up. Where Pentax can become a serious threat to Canon and Nikon is the high-end amateur / low-end pro market that the D700 and 5D addresses - full-frame, high ISO / low-light capability, 1x scalar to 35mm equivalence, etc. with all the features we've come to expect from Pentax (ie. built for photographers).

So enjoy what you have, take plenty of pics and let the image quality of your Pentax gear shine through - reality is that anyone looking at your photos doesn't really care what it was shot on, especially if it's a great pic. They're looking at the pic, not the equipment.

Cheers.
08-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
and how is it a mistake for Walmart ? W*M even will not notice if canon, nikon and pentax will disappear altogether the next day.
I exagerate...

On a role I was.
08-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
I've been following this thread and could not understand its purpose. After hours around the room I realized that the fact Pentax is not leaking is because of the weather sealing effectiveness. That's it.
Rui
Thank you senor Costa

08-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #68
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
Rui
Good one
08-29-2008, 02:18 AM   #69
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I hear that new camera from Pentax will be under NEW name (not K2000) and not lower than K200D class...

Last edited by ogl; 08-29-2008 at 02:48 AM.
08-29-2008, 02:34 AM   #70
Forum Member

While over the next two weeks

my MZ-S will get another well deserved outing at the Openluchtmuseum in Arnhem and then my K10D and Z-1 will be travelling with me Business Class from Amsterdam Schiphol to San Francisco via London on Wednesday...

Getting good photos from those 3 is all that matters to me

So if there is a surge of leaks from Hoya over the next few weeks then great, lots more debate, but I, like others, will enjoy what there is already...
08-29-2008, 02:44 AM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by welshwizard645 Quote
my MZ-S will get another well deserved outing at the Openluchtmuseum in Arnhem and then my K10D and Z-1 will be travelling with me Business Class from Amsterdam Schiphol to San Francisco via London on Wednesday...
[offtopic]
I wish you much fun in the Openluchtmuseum, which is almost in my back yard. Well not quite, but it's only a 15min drive for me. A lot of photo opportunities there, please don't forget to show us some. That's better than the BS talk about new bodies
[/offtopic]
08-29-2008, 02:45 AM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I hear that new camera from Pentax will be under NEW name and not lower than K200D class...
Wow, the new Pentax camera will have a new name! Who would have thought that...
08-29-2008, 02:48 AM   #73
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Wow, the new Pentax camera will have a new name! Who would have thought that...
I mean it won't be K2000D.
08-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #74
Veteran Member

Lets come up with a name for it

Pentax K3D <--- If its FF
Pentax K30D <--- If its an upgrade of K20D
Pentax K300D<-- If its an upgrade of te K200D

Lets brainstorm
08-29-2008, 03:37 AM   #75
ogl
Banned