Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
I have it on good authority (told to me by one of the faery folk while in Ireland) that the next Pentax camera will be a green model. I don't mean color green but green as in built from all recycled materials. The frame will be metal retrieved from the bodies of Opel Kadetts found in U.S. junkyards and will be covered with a rubber body made from Goodyear tires rejected by Dale Earnhardt Jr's pit crew. All electronics are from disassembled former Soviet nuclear weapons and the sensors are made from theater movie screens. Lens barrels will be manufactured by reshaping old Foster's beer cans and the glass will be made by mixing amber Budweiser bottles with the old light green 6.5oz Coca-Cola bottles. This mixture of amber and green glass will eliminate the need for Super Multi Coating the lenses and I have been assured that the electronics in the camera will compensate for the weird color of the lens elements.

Because the camera will be so inexpensive to make, it will have a MSRP of $9.99 USD but the first 1000 people to buy one will receive a $20.00 USD rebate.

Next

CW

Hands-down the best bogus speculation on the internets.

08-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #122
Veteran Member

To those who say that the smaller camera companies aren't making any impact on Nikon or Canon, I give you this quote from Popular Photography, of all places:
QuoteQuote:
Finally, image-stablized lenses are becoming more refined and less expensive. Canon and Nikon, which use lens-based stabilization, have been forced to keep a lid on pricing to compete with camera systems that have sensor-based, in-camera IS. --September 2008 issue, "The great new step-up lens" p. 57.
While they don't list any specific brands, one can only conclude that they're referring to Olympus, Sony, Pentax, and Samsung.

Knowing their history of pushing C/N, I'm inclined to believe them with a statement like that.

Heather
09-04-2008, 01:39 AM   #123
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It will be very funny if Pentax will show only DA*55, DA*60-250, new case for DA limited and MAYBE K2000D in body of K200D.
Okay, so I know that this is geeky of me, but have there been rumors or confirmation of a DA Limiteds case? I've been looking for something as unique and quirky as the lenses themselves to store them in. I switched to Pentax largely so that I could carry a full set of tiny primes with me, and this would actually really make my Photokina. Dumb as it sounds, I've just bought a new camera and four new lenses, I'm hoping against too many new things to lust after*.

Other than the DA15mm. I want to see that and I want it on sale by November.

Will

*not really, obviously. But I dread what I'll see that I'll "need."
09-04-2008, 02:06 AM   #124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wiyum Quote
Okay, so I know that this is geeky of me, but have there been rumors or confirmation of a DA Limiteds case?
Here: Limited Lens Case: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Wim

09-04-2008, 04:31 AM   #125
Veteran Member

No Value Now.

Why still care about new DA lenses? Every DSLR maker is to have new DSLR(s) in Photokina and left alone there has not yet been any "leak" for Pentax DSLR. The full frame era has already come, sticking on just APS-C lens lineup is just like committing suicide.
09-04-2008, 05:49 AM   #126
Pentaxian

Yes, you're right; nobody buys APS-C DSLRs anymore
09-04-2008, 06:05 AM   #127
Veteran Member

And more importantly, every one who still has an APS-C camera and is currently using it to actively taking pictures (remember those?) is going to throw the camera away and run to the stores to buy a 135format DSLR that costs many times more money than they ever spent on camera gear before in their lives. So they are certainly not going to buy any more lenses for APS-C. Very clear analysis RH!!

Get real...

Wim

09-04-2008, 07:08 AM   #128
Veteran Member

What the mass market will think that..

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
And more importantly, every one who still has an APS-C camera and is currently using it to actively taking pictures (remember those?) is going to throw the camera away and run to the stores to buy a 135format DSLR that costs many times more money than they ever spent on camera gear before in their lives. So they are certainly not going to buy any more lenses for APS-C. Very clear analysis RH!!

Get real...

Wim
In the coming one year or so, most new DSLR buyers will still buy APS-C DSLRs but by a brand who has a Full Frame flagship or "budget" FF DSLRs and will buy FF lenses than easily invest in more APS-C lenses than previous. Just believe it or not!
09-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #129
Veteran Member

let pentax take its time. FF will come eventually. or maybe medium format for them.

while i would like FF and its advantages, FF won't make me a 'whole lot' better as a photographer. i'm happy with APS-C.
09-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #130
Pentaxian

Shhh! Don't tell my K100D that Pentax is committing suicide, it might stop taking pictures. Let's keep the kids in the dark!
09-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #131
Veteran Member

I'm in Köln right now and will be going to Photokina. I've noticed just today that there are a lot of taxis driving around with the Pentax name, the booth, and a blacked out dSLR body.

I don't know if the image is just supposed to represent the Pentax brand in general or if it is hinting towards something more...

FWIW.
09-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #132
Veteran Member

Can you take a picture of it?

Please be the FF camera...

That Sony A900, D700, 7d, Pentax please!!!
BTW for all you OMG he wants a FF camera people!!! the impressive specs on those cams are not restricted to just the fact the are full frame.
09-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #133
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
[...]sticking on just APS-C lens lineup is just like committing suicide.
You should stick to APS-C lenses...
09-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #134
Veteran Member

To RH

Umm

In a year or so the average new DSLR consumer still won't understand what Full Frame means. It all depends on the actual price of the Camera.

The mass market bunch is still going to go for the cheaper option. You might see some Pro-sumers move up to FF but if the lenses and cameras are a considerable amount more expensive still you aren't going to see a mass exodus. Most Prosumers dont change cameras in a year too (How long have you had your 5d)

Camera manufacturers aren't going to put a FF sensor in the entry level lines and lenses while they can still charge a premium for them in the higher lines.

The biggest change will come from the professionals that use their cameras for good paying work that might still have aps-c sensor cameras.
09-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
I'm in Köln right now and will be going to Photokina. I've noticed just today that there are a lot of taxis driving around with the Pentax name, the booth, and a blacked out dSLR body.

I don't know if the image is just supposed to represent the Pentax brand in general or if it is hinting towards something more...

FWIW.
QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
Can you take a picture of it?

Please be the FF camera...

That Sony A900, D700, 7d, Pentax please!!!
BTW for all you OMG he wants a FF camera people!!! the impressive specs on those cams are not restricted to just the fact the are full frame.
This person joined 3 days ago "just" for Photokina? A little strange? Bueller?

Like I've said before, I want to see how many people said they want FF vs. how many actually buy...