Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
12-20-2017, 12:13 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'm hearing that every year since the apparition of those mirrorless things. Every single year.
Don't you folks get tired?

12-20-2017, 12:42 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm hearing that every year since the apparition of those mirrorless things. Every single year.
Don't you folks get tired?
Yes, but things are moving. Personally, it's carrying a heavy camera I got tired of.
12-20-2017, 01:04 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So what? I'd rather have my Pentax.
12-21-2017, 01:07 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fg-one Quote
If this means something, it is that mirror cameras will soon be items from he past, at least for most people. Frankly, you have to be very brave to carry around a brick of over one kg when you can have a close enough IQ for half less in weight. The K5IIS will be my last SLR.
If your skills are on par with your 1 MPx EVF crap, you might have saved money with a barbie cam. I do not see how that would have limited your photos more than your skill does.

12-21-2017, 04:42 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If this means something, it is that mirror cameras will soon be items from he past, at least for most people. Frankly, you have to be very brave to carry around a brick of over one kg when you can have a close enough IQ for half less in weight. The K5IIS will be my last SLR.
By that logic, all standalone cameras will soon be a thing of the past. Frankly, you have to be very brave to carry around any kind of a lumpy little brick that can only do one thing when you can have a close enough IQ for 75% less in weight (in a multifunctional smartphone).

The success of behemoth bloaty-brick cameras like the Nikon D5 and Canon 1D and the popularity of 1.5 kg lenses like 70-200 f/2.8 suggest that a large percentage of photographers are "extremely brave." And I'd wager some photographers (and some photographic clients) think bigger is better and look down on puny little mirrorless cameras. To each his own.

OVFs and EVFs are just simply different. They excel at different things and suck in different ways. Different people want different things.
12-21-2017, 05:56 AM   #21
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

If this means something, it is that mirror cameras will soon be items from he past, at least for most people. Frankly, you have to be very brave to carry around a brick of over one kg when you can have a close enough IQ for half less in weight.
Meh. By your logic system cameras are items of the past. Most people use phones for their image taking. They provide "close enough" IQ for a fraction of the weight, evidently.

QuoteQuote:
The K5IIS will be my last SLR.
Good for you.

--
Edit: @photoptimist beat me to it
12-21-2017, 07:08 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
If your skills are on par with your 1 MPx EVF crap, you might have saved money with a barbie cam. I do not see how that would have limited your photos more than your skill does.
1420 messages and not a single album: you are obviously very good at talking about skill !

12-21-2017, 07:12 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hasselblad has been to the moon. About the only change they made was that they removed the lubricants.