Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2018, 04:00 PM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The K-1 Super to be announced next month?
You, sir, are truly evil.

I had elsewhere suggested the ME2 K-mount MILC would be ready next month.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-20-2018 at 08:00 PM.
01-20-2018, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #137
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oops! My bad.

OTOH, what else do we have to talk about while we wait for the FW Update?
I used to write FORTRAN programs based on weather data, so that's a lead into the universal discussion about the weather.
01-20-2018, 09:31 PM   #138
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Yeah, those Goto give me headaches ^^.
What!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't like the greatest programming command ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever program in Forth? You can make up your own commands. Personally I'm still waiting for Pascal to become the preeminent language of computer programming. I really miss my old TRS-80 Model 4 computer with a TRSDOS 6 operating system. I learned a lot on that critter. Wish I still had it.
01-21-2018, 01:53 AM   #139
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
But no DSLR has this mechanical feature.
The 645 DSLR's do

01-24-2018, 09:02 AM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
It could be as simple as this: For each shot the aperture value is displayed as "--". As soon as you turn the aperture wheel one click, the last used setting is shown. If you've changed the aperture, you turn the wheel to the correct aperture value, if you haven't, you leave the value as it is. For the next shot the shown value is reverted to "--".

This way you can choose if you want to record the aperture or not. Shooting with M, K and M42 lenses is anyway a slower process than shooting with newer lenses, so this routine doesn't add much to an already 'cumbersome' way of shooting IMHO.
You do understand that with a pre A series lens, the camera has no way of knowing when the aperture ring moves? That was what the aperture cam follower did, but it was removed before DSLRs from Pentax were a reality.
01-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #141
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You do understand that with a pre A series lens, the camera has no way of knowing when the aperture ring moves? That was what the aperture cam follower did, but it was removed before DSLRs from Pentax were a reality.
I think what he is saying is that every shot when you had a manual lens on you would have to set the aperture using the e dial, but that your starting place when you turn the e dial would be whatever the aperture was set for on the previous shot. When he says "aperture dial" he means rear e dial.
01-24-2018, 09:55 AM - 1 Like   #142
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think what he is saying is that every shot when you had a manual lens on you would have to set the aperture using the e dial, but that your starting place when you turn the e dial would be whatever the aperture was set for on the previous shot. When he says "aperture dial" he means rear e dial.
I remember when I first started in photography, you turned a dial on the light meter, and then set your aperture according to what it told you. This seems like doing the same thing in reverse. It's amazing how little we have progressed in the past few decades.

01-24-2018, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #143
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I remember when I first started in photography, you turned a dial on the light meter, and then set your aperture according to what it told you. This seems like doing the same thing in reverse. It's amazing how little we have progressed in the past few decades.
I guess. But we are only talking about fully manual lenses. That's actually a pretty small subset of photography at this point. I don't use any of those lenses, but I have no problems trying to help folks who do shoot with those lenses a lot to record their settings more easily for given shots.
01-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #144
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The K-1 Super to be announced next month?
That would be awesome! Any hope for a K-3 III?
01-24-2018, 11:08 AM   #145
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess. But we are only talking about fully manual lenses. That's actually a pretty small subset of photography at this point. I don't use any of those lenses, but I have no problems trying to help folks who do shoot with those lenses a lot to record their settings more easily for given shots.
It's starting to look moot anyway......
Phantom lenses, phantom firmware.
01-24-2018, 11:25 AM - 4 Likes   #146
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What are the chances of Adam getting a group discount on Prozac for members of the Pentax Forum?

Last edited by Rondec; 01-24-2018 at 11:55 AM.
01-24-2018, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #147
Pentaxian

What are the chances of Adam getting a group discount on Prozac for member of the Pentax Forum?
I've read that light therapy in winter times help to keep a positive mood. Given how many hours Adam may spend on front of an LCD display, he may be immune to depression.
01-24-2018, 01:51 PM - 2 Likes   #148
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

It's starting to look moot anyway......
Phantom lenses, phantom firmware.
The lenses will come when they're production ready, Bill, and if firmware updates are required, they'll come too. It's just the waiting that some people find frustrating... and I understand that, but it doesn't mean these are phantom products. It'll all come good in time
01-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #149
Pentaxian

Exactly. Thank you. :-)
01-24-2018, 04:06 PM   #150
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Given how many hours Adam may spend on front of an LCD display, he may be immune to depression.
Don't think Adam is the one in need, but the potential immunity might be helpful.