Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2018, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #1621
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Do you expect anything less / more in a rumours / news thread?
Wellllllll.... actual rumors and news would be super.

09-27-2018, 06:26 PM   #1622
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
+1. Though I've never used one I would be interested in seeing how it improves focus point selection. Though since I only use single center, I guess maybe not that useful to me..............
The Z7 has this feature; it was interesting to play with in the store, but I can't think of any place where I would actually use it.
09-27-2018, 07:15 PM - 3 Likes   #1623
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Wellllllll.... actual rumors and news would be super.
If we stuck to actual news and rumours this section of the forum would be pining for the fjords.
09-27-2018, 07:20 PM   #1624
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
If we stuck to actual news and rumours this section of the forum would be pining for the fjords.

mmmmm..... that would be okay.

09-27-2018, 07:33 PM - 2 Likes   #1625
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by H.Abendsen Quote
THUMBSTICK for selecting the AF-POINT(S) PLZ!

---------- Post added 09-27-18 at 05:28 PM ----------

Thx so much in advance.
Please no thumb sticks they just get in the way and get bumped easily. There is nothing at all wrong with the 4 way controller buttons on the back of the K-3/K-3II. They are much less likely to be hit by a wayward thumb or anything else. They are easily operated and not obtrusive.
09-27-2018, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #1626
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Yes, adding something like this would delay the project by several months - I'm not quite sure how many - but there would be a real delay.
The current K-3/K-3II focus point selection works fine and is not sticking out the back of the camera to get easily bumped. The buttons can be operated in the very same manner as the thumb stick vertically, horizontally and diagonally so just adding a protruding bump on the back of the camera body makes for no added functionality at all.
09-28-2018, 03:02 AM   #1627
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Please no thumb sticks they just get in the way and get bumped easily. There is nothing at all wrong with the 4 way controller buttons on the back of the K-3/K-3II. They are much less likely to be hit by a wayward thumb or anything else. They are easily operated and not obtrusive.
So THUMBSTICKs get easily bumped... ?

And fiddling around with the 4-way and that separate button is rendered practical?
Wait...
Didn't some people not so long ago write that buttons are hard to handle when it's cold outside and one's wearing gloves?
So fiddling around several times with buttons is what you imagine a good solution?

And 2 additional wheels on top are doing what? Securing the very informative shoulder display?
awh. What am I thinking... How can those get easily bumped... LoL

You do realize that you are reducing your own points to absurdity.

Just take a look at cameras that offer a thumbstick.
Such a "thumbstick" or "intellipoint" does not have to protrude in a way so it can get bumped.
I think you are deliberately writing it like such a cool tool would protrude out of the camera like a joystick out of an arcade controller.
I find that ridiculous and misleading.

Whatever. Like always on this forum when someone makes a good suggestion,others who are ok with everything anyway and see the K-1 as their golden calf react sulkily and countercomment.
That was so obvious.

BTW : only using the centerpoint is in no way a good solution, because when you do that, you are tilting, what actually displaces the focus distance proportionally, since the sensor level is tilting with your camera. One can counteract that effect by moving slightly forward or backward... But that ain't the sense in having a modern Autofocus system.

I can see why you may dislike my person(i doubt that it makes sense to see a forum account as the representation of a person anyway . But that's another story) and I admit my posts are very unflattering and not slyly either.
But I am begging you all to see the background behind my points and consider them without taking emotions into it that derive from the very direct way I may express them.

I just hopped into the forums to drop a few ideas that came to my mind when using the Pentax cameras in a professional way.
I don't plan to build my ego or career on a forum account and also have to admit it kinda amuses me when people react to ideas coming from an anonymous account in a way that I consider to be a bit too emotional and irrational.

I have seen that escalate a few times before...

I, for my part, don't plan to get emotionally involved in the same way. This means I will leave you alone with your thoughts from now on for a very long time.

Sorry if I did offend anyone. That was not my intention.
Bye bye forums. *Sigh*

Last edited by BigMackCam; 09-28-2018 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Inappropriate mention of other members & moderating action
09-28-2018, 03:52 AM - 2 Likes   #1628
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

And fiddling around with the 4-way and that separate button is rendered practical?
Wait...
Didn't some people not so long ago write that buttons are hard to handle when it's cold outside and one's wearing gloves?
So fiddling around several times with buttons is what you imagine a good solution?

And 2 additional wheels on top are doing what? Securing the very informative shoulder display?

Such a "thumbstick" or "intellipoint" does not have to protrude in a way so it can get bumped.
I think you are deliberately writing it like such a cool tool would protrude out of the camera like a joystick out of an arcade controller.

Whatever. Like always on this forum when someone makes a good suggestion,others who are ok with everything anyway and see the K-1 as their golden calf react sulkily and countercomment.
That was so obvious.

BTW : only using the centerpoint is in no way a good solution, because when you do that, you are tilting, what actually displaces the focus distance proportionally, since the sensor level is tilting with your camera. One can counteract that effect by moving slightly forward or backward... But that ain't the sense in having a modern Autofocus system.

I can see why you may dislike my person(i doubt that it makes sense to see a forum account as the representation of a person anyway . But that's another story) and I admit my posts are very unflattering and not slyly either.
But I am begging you all to see the background behind my points and consider them without taking emotions into it that derive from the very direct way I may express them.

I just hopped into the forums to drop a few ideas that came to my mind when using the Pentax cameras in a professional way.
I don't plan to build my ego or career on a forum account and also have to admit it kinda amuses me when people react to ideas coming from an anonymous account in a way that I consider to be a bit too emotional and irrational.

I mean even DCshooter got kicked.
(Though he was a very great fan and even reworked and colorized lenses for other members)
I, for my part, don't plan to get emotionally involved in the same way. This means I will leave you alone with your thoughts from now on for a very long time.

Bye bye forums. *Sigh*
How does this talk relate to a camera most everyone wants to see "yesterday"???
This is not a time to be piling new-to-Pentax ideas on that would add more months to development time.

You keep ignoring this basic question

09-28-2018, 07:15 AM   #1629
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

also have to admit it kinda amuses me when people react to ideas coming from an anonymous account in a way that I consider to be a bit too emotional and irrational.
Sorry if I did offend anyone. That was not my intention.Bye bye forums. *Sigh*
????????????????????????????
09-28-2018, 07:42 AM - 5 Likes   #1630
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This could go in so many PF threads:
09-28-2018, 09:10 AM - 1 Like   #1631
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wait...

That was so obvious.

I mean even DCshooter got kicked.
(Though he was a very great fan and even reworked and colorized lenses for other members)

Bye bye forums. *Sigh*
Wow, I'm amazed!! I really don't know how to respond to this.

So I can't express my opinion regarding the a feature that you want and very few other members of this site have even mentioned? You have been in several discussions here regarding the control setup on the K-1 and most seem to like the design where you have deemed it "junk". As you may or may not know the forum has no actual sway over what Ricoh/Pentax delivers to the market or when they deliver said product. We either buy it and use it or not.

Don't assume that I always use centerpoint focus.

When exactly did I say anything about you personally you have expressed your opinion just as I expressed mine.

Suggesters in their own mind consider all their ideas good or they wouldn't suggest them.

I hope you continue to express your opinion here but expect others to express theirs too this is a forum and there is spirited discussion all the time especially in the "News and Rumors" forum. Don't let you ego get so bruised.
09-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #1632
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Don't let you ego get so bruised.
All it took was another response where I consolidate my position and people feel personally offended.

Or does it just look like?

Even though i personally excused to you in a pm in advance...and asked you to take back your emotions and for the love of the brand,
see the arguments in a more logical way.

you guys just love to play the "emotional touched" card.

As i explained before... I am into this Thumbstick thing, because I think it will help many users...
not because of my ego...
I already told you that i dont identify with forum accounts... Doing so for sure is not a healthy thing BTW.

And i will not discuss on this forum any further around the logic behind a thumbstick because i see at the moment it doesnt make much sense
Its very much the same when some people said we need a full-frame...

I would love to go back in time and read again how many people came up with such odd arguments against FF.

The very same people now love their full frame and every wheel it has.

... So my suggestion is, lets forget that Thumbstick. you dont need it anyway.
... get my point?

Actually I did not want to answer any more... But since Jerling said, as long as we consolidate our positions without insulting each other in a grown-up manner everythings fine... so lets see how long that works.

at least somebody has got to keep this thread running, but i suggest we search for some other "exciter"...

What do you guys actually think about touch screens? Any sense in that for you?
I feel it would make sense if AF in live-view would be more responsive... But I am not a fan of it.
09-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #1633
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

at least somebody has got to keep this thread running, but i suggest we search for some other "exciter"...
I'm not sure about a "need" to keep this thread alive. We all know that there are some here who are desperate for news about a K-3 replacement, but if they added any new features to the camera at this point, that would just move it back in time .... and I'm not sure what to make of the fact that "K-3 Replacement" is never mentioned in the published story about the PF meeting with Ricoh folk.
Interview with RICOH - Photokina 2018 | PentaxForums.com
09-28-2018, 10:40 AM   #1634
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

and I'm not sure what to make of the fact that "K-3 Replacement" is never mentioned in the published story about the PF meeting with Ricoh folk.
Considering that question was almost surely the #1 request in the "what do we ask Ricoh" thread, I'm not sure what to make of that either.

Was the question never asked? Or was it not answered? Or was the interviewer asked to not report on it?
09-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #1635

An articulated screen such as the K-70 has is loved by videographers, but not so much by those of us who take still photos. I did have one of those at one time, and I hated it. By sticking out to the side, it advertised its presence, while a flippy screen stays discretely behind the camera ..... important to those of us trying to discretely take photos with no reaction from the subjects
Also loved by us landscape photographers who often shoot vertically and do not like crawling on the ground. Horizontal flipping screen is only useful for close to the ground horizontals.
Closed Thread