Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1279 Likes Search this Thread
07-28-2018, 09:46 AM   #406
T T

It would be good if the k3ii have a fast fps in burst mode, though i do agree that the K1 is quite slow in terms of fps compared to the canikons.

07-28-2018, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #407
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by T T Quote
It would be good if the k3ii have a fast fps in burst mode, though i do agree that the K1 is quite slow in terms of fps compared to the canikons.
Pentax is much more interested in "landscape" than in "events".
07-28-2018, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #408
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
4.60 frames per second as compared to the D810’s 5.09 frames (according to Digital Cameras, Digital Camera Reviews) does not qualify as “quite slow” in my understanding (but then English is not my first language).
07-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #409
pxt

Sometimes I miss add funcionality for unuse button on body fx 2 sec shot delay.

07-28-2018, 03:25 PM   #410

Ricoh lists "Digital Cameras" as item number 4 under the "Other" category in its financial report from 2017. Let's hope this is not indicative of their efforts to develop this storied replacement.
Attached Images

07-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #411
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TheCousinDan Quote
Ricoh lists "Digital Cameras" as item number 4 under the "Other" category in its financial report from 2017. Let's hope this is not indicative of their efforts to develop this storied replacement.
3D printing is after digital camera and that is an important thing in Ricoh's future. So the list is not that indicative to anything.
07-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #412
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Are there any real improvements in sensor tech? Seems like nothing is happening at the moment. New camera with same IQ seems odd to me.

07-29-2018, 04:31 AM   #413
Pentaxian

It's a bit intriguing that the K3iii (let's call it the K-Pi ^^) has not yet been released.

If could have been "just" based on the very good KP technologies (with small improvements as usual on AF and so), with a bigger batterie (and a good grip!! ), GPS for the astrotracer, and it would have been bought by all people waiting for the new DSLR flagship.

If it is so long, could it be they are working on a new sensor ?
(I know we won't have the answer here ^^)
07-29-2018, 05:30 AM   #414

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Pentax is much more interested in "landscape" than in "events".
Yes indeed, Pentax need to be more efficent for sports and event !
07-29-2018, 06:48 AM   #415
T T

QuoteOriginally posted by pts1958 Quote
Yes indeed, Pentax need to be more efficent for sports and event !
Yes Pentax definitely need to improve in other areas, especially sports and action to compete with other brands and at the same time maintain its lead in landscape photography.
07-29-2018, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #416
Pentaxian

There are new sensors out there. Newest of which are curved sensors but the wolves of the pentax community would howl at that move because it would mean their 'precious' lenses are useless, so new sensor tech is probably not where Ricoh will put their money.
They could be developing technology though that gives the new flag-ship model switchable IR/UV/Visible filters. That would advance camera technology forward like their in body shake reduction already has. They could also develop the coding to turn their shake reduction system into a sort of adaptive optics for astrophotography purposes, although this would be harder due to the need of having a supremely powerful but small laser also attached to the camera.
The KP was an utter disappointment, and like others on here, I think they had planned that it would be the new flagship CF camera until we the community gave them so much backlash.
In my opinion, Pentax has made a name for itself in pushing technology forward and doing things the competition wouldn't think of, like Shake reduction, like Pixel Shift, like Astrotracer. Switchable filters, in my opinion, would be the next logical step forward in my opinion, but would take a while to develop.
07-29-2018, 07:41 AM   #417
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aitrus3 Quote
They could be developing technology though that gives the new flag-ship model switchable IR/UV/Visible filters

Is that possible? This and in-camera focus stacking would be fantastic to have on any body, APS-C or full frame. Are there any cameras out there currently with this ability?
07-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #418
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by travelswsage Quote
Is that possible? This and in-camera focus stacking would be fantastic to have on any body, APS-C or full frame. Are there any cameras out there currently with this ability?
No there aren't. I'm not sure if it is possible and I don't think there are any other cameras out there with it currently. But, they're far smarter than I am with this sort of thing and if I had the tools/ability/knowledge and money to try, I have an idea on how to make it work. Whether or not it makes the camera body too heavy/large is beyond me. Just conjecture. I'd like to think that they'd at least consider it as an idea, if nothing else.
07-29-2018, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #419
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aitrus3 Quote
There are new sensors out there. Newest of which are curved sensors but the wolves of the pentax community would howl at that move because it would mean their 'precious' lenses are useless, so new sensor tech is probably not where Ricoh will put their money.
They could be developing technology though that gives the new flag-ship model switchable IR/UV/Visible filters. That would advance camera technology forward like their in body shake reduction already has. They could also develop the coding to turn their shake reduction system into a sort of adaptive optics for astrophotography purposes, although this would be harder due to the need of having a supremely powerful but small laser also attached to the camera.
The KP was an utter disappointment, and like others on here, I think they had planned that it would be the new flagship CF camera until we the community gave them so much backlash.
In my opinion, Pentax has made a name for itself in pushing technology forward and doing things the competition wouldn't think of, like Shake reduction, like Pixel Shift, like Astrotracer. Switchable filters, in my opinion, would be the next logical step forward in my opinion, but would take a while to develop.
Curved sensors are interesting but the technology only offers an advantage for a fixed lens cameras because the curvature must be tailored to the focal length.

Switchable filters would be a cool addition.

The KP seems like an awesome camera that also reflects a core brand element of Pentax -- compactness. Many seem to love the KP's size and excellent image quality. The KP is only an utter disappointment to that small fraction of Pentaxians who wanted a "big camera."
07-29-2018, 08:08 AM - 2 Likes   #420
Veteran Member

Yes Pentax definitely need to improve in other areas, especially sports and action to compete with other brands and at the same time maintain its lead in landscape photography.
Pentax should not try to compete with the other guy for sport at least professional .I hope you understand why!
Closed Thread