Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1279 Likes Search this Thread
08-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #451
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
It's far, far too early to see a working example at Photokina.
Dont you like surprises?

08-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #452
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
To not go into a useless discussion with you, we will just wait for the next camera to be announced.
Well, that's the most logical thing you have managed to say in a long time! If you can just manage to do that.
08-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #453
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I'm very happy that you understand Pentax and that you are all positive. You must have missed the trimming down of the line-up announcement when they publicly stated that.
You should pay more attention to what I say, then - as I'm not "all positive". I'm merely "mostly positive" (and mostly harmless, I must say ). Except about bored people who gave up on photography and are now nagging Pentaxians with endless negativity.
I haven't missed anything, and they clearly said they'll make a new APS-C flagship.
08-09-2018, 03:49 PM - 7 Likes   #454
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Dont you like surprises?
It depends. If my wife jumps out ot the wardrobe with nothing on and yells "surprise", then - Yes!

If a 450lbs sumo-wrestler jumps out of the wardrobe and yells "supwize", then - No.

08-09-2018, 04:39 PM - 2 Likes   #455
Pentaxian

Well, im sending some Wallabies over and they know WHERE your wardrobe is!
08-09-2018, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #456
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, im sending some Wallabies over and they know WHERE your wardrobe is!
NASA actors, the lot of them!
08-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #457
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As PentaxRev mentioned, happiness can still be obtained with an APS-C sensor Pentax such as the K3 v 1 & 2. For most of us, either is more than adequate. I went the K1 II route and while I really like it, I still really like my K3 and K5 and have no issues with any of theser. Plus, the weight difference, while perhaps not significant, is still noticeable.

08-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #458
Pentaxian

actors,
Yes and the prop they will have with them will be the Bledisloe which they will have ripped outa those ABs!
08-09-2018, 08:18 PM   #459
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes and the prop they will have with them will be the Bledisloe which they will have ripped outa those ABs!
Y'r dreamin' mate!

08-10-2018, 12:09 AM - 1 Like   #460
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I haven't missed anything, and they clearly said they'll make a new APS-C flagship.
I read that to. Could be the next camera coming. But also not. A new flagship design is difficult and takes time. So what if they would present a K-90 at CP+ wich could be a lukewarm upgrade K-70. That is not so much work, since it would contain only cameraparts that Pentax already uses.

We don't know what is coming next....
08-10-2018, 12:32 AM   #461
Pentaxian

Y'r dreamin'
Well whats your nightmare,the Wallabies taking the Cup across the ditch!
08-10-2018, 04:34 AM - 1 Like   #462
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well whats your nightmare,the Wallabies taking the Cup across the ditch!
Ain't gonna happen.

But back to the topic: I don't think we're likely to see a new camera at the low end anytime soon. There's the superb KP and the K-1ii to pick from right now. Is there space in the market for a K-70 update? In a way, the KP should have been the K-3iii I wonder if that was the idea? If we had a KP / K-3iii type camera with wickedly good AF and really good weather protection, then I'd say they'd be onto a winner.
08-10-2018, 07:25 AM   #463
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yoda boy Quote
As PentaxRev mentioned, happiness can still be obtained with an APS-C sensor Pentax such as the K3 v 1 & 2. For most of us, either is more than adequate. I went the K1 II route and while I really like it, I still really like my K3 and K5 and have no issues with any of theser. Plus, the weight difference, while perhaps not significant, is still noticeable.
My K5IIs with Sigma 10-20mm is something I willing to casually walk around with, but a K1 with 15-30mm is almost twice the weight. This is why I still like my aps-c Pentax cameras and lenses for walkabouts. Even Tokina- and recentlyTamron- have recognized the need and market for 17-35mm f4, lightweight FF lenses. Lastly, if Pentax has such limited resources, why did they create the KP - a camera no one asked for - instead of a true K3II replacement?

Last edited by mtgmansf; 08-10-2018 at 08:57 AM. Reason: addition.
08-10-2018, 08:30 AM - 3 Likes   #464

The Waiting Game

I've been a Pentaxian since the H1A and screw mounted lenses. They have made a good product and were innovative.....But as a older person with most of my days behind me I weighed the issues with Pentax after waiting a few years too long for the K3 update.
First was the continuing change in ownership. Then, In the 2000 decade they produced mostly cameras for entry level people with things like the LED's that lit the body & shutter release and the Marc Newsome Mirrorless (Which I still have and converted to IR). The long and late entry to the full frame market with virtually no glass to support it.
I also feel they could have done better with their DA* lenses and faulty AF motors ( In 1991 when BMW introduced the power top on their 3 series, it was a dud and they would usually convert it back to manual free of charge They did a complete redesign for the 92). Also without elaborating, the Aperture Block issues on a few different models . Both of these issues could be repaired ,at owners expense, with the same defective part. I had a DA* focusing motor fail twice. Why did it take outside engineers / tinkerers to come up with the conversion back to screw mount, that is a tad slower but reliable? This could have been offered by Pentax, if they cared about their customers.
I made the decision to move on, and sold almost all my Pentax gear, and was surprised to find even better image quality with the mirrorless system I adopted. In digital photography, newer is usually better.
I do believe the K3 replacement will be the hot camera of 2019 -20 -or 21 for those who choose to wait, just as the ist*D was much better than the Nikon D100 when they were in direct competition. If I was in my 30's or 40's, I too would probably have held out for the next big thing.

Enjoy the speculation, but don't lose the realization that the camera is only part of the photographic experience. I think I did my best work with my K 10D, probably because my knees were in better shape.
Photobobhunt-Out
08-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #465
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtgmansf Quote
My K5IIs with Sigma 10-20mm is something I willing to casually walk around with, but a K1 with 15-30mm is almost twice the weight. This is why I still like my aps-c Pentax cameras and lenses for walkabouts. Even Tokina- and recentlyTamron- have recognized the need and market for 17-35mm f4, lightweight FF lenses. Lastly, if Pentax has such limited resources, why did they create the KP - a camera no one asked for - instead of a true K3II replacement?
What? You don't get the KP so "no one asked for it" ?
Are you really really hard trying to be labelled as troll of the day or something?
Closed Thread