Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1279 Likes Search this Thread
08-12-2018, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #511
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I am using language as it is typically used here.The word "Flagship" is used a lot in discussions like this. Personally. I tend to use the phrase "K-3 followup".
Agreed

08-12-2018, 04:05 PM   #512
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I am using language as it is typically used here. I heard the word "face lift" a lot after the K-3ii was introduced. I heard the word "face lift" a lot after the K-1ii was introduced.
I agree with that!
08-12-2018, 04:15 PM   #513
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Well darn, Ron, what has gotten in to you lately? No Negativity! That's the time frame in which I think we will see the K-3II replacement!
That is twelve months after the K-1ii "face lift", not what I normally think of when someone says "sooner rather than later". Maybe we differ only in choice of words.
08-12-2018, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #514
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
And, he commented specifically about the development of the K-3ii's successor:
"For the flagship APS-C model, we have just started to develop that. It’ll be the successor of the K-3 II and will be an evolution of the K-3 series." (Bold and underlined by me.)[/I]
To Paraphrase a recent President of the United States that all depends on the meaning of "Just started". It could mean we started two weeks ago or it could mean we have been working on it for 6 months or more its all relative.

I'm pretty much an optimistic person so I opt for the earlier rather than the later scenario.

08-13-2018, 02:21 AM - 1 Like   #515
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well Photokina isn't a very important show for Pentax, so anything new and important, we would see at CP+ in Japan, early 2019.
I may have missed some but a lot of cameras have been annouced during summer and early autumn :
  • in June : K100D Super, K50, K500
  • in August : K-S1
  • in September (often during photokina) : K10D (and GX-10), K-m, K-x, K-r, K5, K5ii, K5iis,
  • in October : K3
08-13-2018, 02:33 AM   #516
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To Paraphrase a recent President of the United States that all depends on the meaning of "Just started". It could mean we started two weeks ago or it could mean we have been working on it for 6 months or more its all relative.

I'm pretty much an optimistic person so I opt for the earlier rather than the later scenario.
I'm no pessimist - simply reporting what I've seen and giving my take on that. I'd love a K-1 of course, but if a good alternative emerges in the K-3 line, and it's priced right, I'd be keen!
08-13-2018, 03:27 AM - 1 Like   #517
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm no pessimist - simply reporting what I've seen and giving my take on that. I'd love a K-1 of course, but if a good alternative emerges in the K-3 line, and it's priced right, I'd be keen!
I would expect a K-3 successor to be something of a "KP meets K-1" with some evolutionary improvements. Which would be just what I need. The only problem being that I won't get one since I now have a K-1 - which is not as well suited to my needs, but there's no way I will give up that big and beautiful viewfinder

08-13-2018, 05:47 AM   #518
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by agukha Quote
I may have missed some but a lot of cameras have been annouced during summer and early autumn :
  • in June : K100D Super, K50, K500
  • in August : K-S1
  • in September (often during photokina) : K10D (and GX-10), K-m, K-x, K-r, K5, K5ii, K5iis,
  • in October : K3
Looking at important new products (not the lukewarm uodates) then there are no new introductions at Photokina done by Ricoh-Imaging. The big ones are K-1, K-3 and 645Z.
08-13-2018, 06:01 AM - 1 Like   #519
JPT
Pentaxian

Photokina 2012 was pretty good.
Pentax Announces 8 New Products and Lens Coating - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

But I seem to remember people still came up with dozens of imaginative reasons to be unhappy. I sometimes think that's where a lot of photographers channel the bulk of their creativity these days.
08-13-2018, 10:08 AM - 3 Likes   #520
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking at important new products (not the lukewarm uodates) then there are no new introductions at Photokina done by Ricoh-Imaging. The big ones are K-1, K-3 and 645Z.
Ron,

I thought you had turned over a new leaf and decided to ditch your negativity......But I guess I was wrong??
08-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #521
Banned

Ron,

I thought you had turned over a new leaf and decided to ditch your negativity......But I guess I was wrong??
I don't understand this. Why do you see negativity when I expect something new more at CP+ then at Photokina?

Photokina 2014 had K-S1 as new product and in 2016 there was only a display of the Pentax collection and no new product.
08-13-2018, 01:26 PM - 2 Likes   #522
Pentaxian

Pentax flagship like K5 or K10D are not great cameras for Ron, neither the very good entry level K-x at the time, and other K-m, K-r or flagship.
But only the K3, just because it wasn't announced in September, ok
08-13-2018, 01:31 PM   #523

I'd wager there will be lenses at Photokina. And K-1ii cameras. And a KP or two. But I'd be hugely surprised if they have a new DSLR to show - this year.
Not expecting the K-3mk3 but there might be something about the new GR. It would be nice to have at least something substantial as official news on the K-3ii successor. Pentax has a history of saying "we are working on it" which could mean in a decade or so and lately the official end of production of a certain model hasn't meant as much as it has in the past. The K-S1 was an interim model.
08-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #524
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by agukha Quote
Pentax flagship like K5 or K10D are not great cameras for Ron, neither the very good entry level K-x at the time, and other K-m, K-r or flagship.
But only the K3, just because it wasn't announced in September, ok
Never had the K10D. A friend of mine has the K-x and I had a bunch of K-5's. And a K-3.

Ricoh-Imaging is a different company then the old one under Hoya or before. Ricoh-Imaging likes to present new items on homemarkets CP+. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

We will see all your wish es come true on Photokina.
08-13-2018, 02:58 PM   #525
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

You just have to look for stores that have a history of having old stock on many things.

Audiophil in Germany and Fotokonijnenberg in the Netherlands have things others just sold sometimes years before. In packages, but wen you call you can mostly come to an agreement.
AudiophilFoto - Ihr Partner wenn Sie Profis suchen! | Shop | Kameras | Pentax
Pentax K-3 II + 16-50mm F2.8 + 50-135mm F2.8

Audiophil even has a new old stock K-5 Silver from 2011.
As you indicate, Ron, I think that's a reflection of the store and/or its location. You simply can't get old stock Pentax gear like that here in the UK. I guess there must be a few small, independent camera shops that have the odd thing here and there... but none of the larger suppliers, for sure. The occasional ex-demo or reconditioned item comes up on eBay, of course...
Closed Thread