Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2018, 05:41 AM   #1501
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hartless_1 Quote
I wonder if CRK are getting out of Pentax or even photography. Recent fire sales of KP and K-70 and virtually all current stock online offering 20% off.
Amazon germany has 6 K3II in stock and more available, they say. It really might be more a story about CRK than Pentax.

09-26-2018, 05:46 AM   #1502
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Amazon germany has 6 K3II in stock and more available, they say. It really might be more a story about CRK than Pentax.
Products | RICOH IMAGING
Go to Discontinued section.
I think is a solid source
09-26-2018, 06:02 AM   #1503
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
Products | RICOH IMAGING
Go to Discontinued section.
I think is a solid source
No question about that. It was more the fact, that you can easily buy one if you want in this part of the market at least.
09-26-2018, 06:09 AM   #1504
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Ricoh Imaging used to show mockups ("development announcement') ahead of the actual announcement of completely new products not replacing existing ones: K-1, 70-200mm, 150-450mm, 50mm, 11-18mm and more. Indeed, there is no risk that showcasing such products well ahead of their launch would harm the sale of existing products. They wouldn't announce the development of the K-1 II or the HD Limited lenses, for instance.

However they just announced the development of the Ricoh GR III even though the GR II is not discontinued.

There are only residual inventories of new K-3 IIs and Ricoh Imaging know that its successor is eagerly awaited.

Therefore I am convinced that Ricoh Imaging will announce the development of the successor to K-3 II, showcase a mockup, etc. well ahead of its actual announcement and launch.
Good solid reasoning. However there's a chance that a K-3II replacement announcement might affect KP sales.

09-26-2018, 06:16 AM   #1505
Pentaxian

Not convinced they'll show a mock-up of 'K-3 III' before announcement.
09-26-2018, 06:24 AM   #1506
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can still buy it at most places in Europe (as far as you can buy Pentax equipment at most places at all).
The “discontinued“ label is more something from the forum bubbles. I don't know if it is set under the discontinued models on their webpage, but forum's own dynamic put it there and cemented it. Mainly because some were looking eagerly for signs of an advent of a “successor“, haha.

Edit: just looked at the german page. There it is indeed not under current products. Haven't been there fore some time...
Yeah, it's definitely been discontinued for some time now.
Ricoh has it on their discontinued dropdown on their site, and B&H and Adorama both have it listed so.

Not sure if that person was trolling us by saying Ricoh has it on their booth today on display, but if it's true... That is very poor business.

Imagine seeing that camera and saying, "Wow, I'd like to buy that!". Then the rep tells you to go to Amazon or eBay to make your purchase... Really?!
09-26-2018, 06:26 AM   #1507
Pentaxian

It's not true.

09-26-2018, 06:40 AM   #1508
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No question about that. It was more the fact, that you can easily buy one if you want in this part of the market at least.
Really? It's gone from fotolooman.nl, wex.co.uk and srsmicrosystems.co.uk - those are the biggest European dealers I know of, and the places where I bought most of my gear. It has been gone since early summer.
09-26-2018, 06:56 AM   #1509
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So...Photokina started today (if I'm not mistaken), and I take it there's no new announcement about a K3ii successor. Seemed like the optimal place to make such an announcement, if there was one..
09-26-2018, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #1510
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
So...Photokina started today (if I'm not mistaken), and I take it there's no new announcement about a K3ii successor. Seemed like the optimal place to make such an announcement, if there was one..
But hey, only 22 weeks until CP+ 2019!
09-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #1511
Veteran Member

I honestly was hoping a fellow PF member would be there today and take a photo of a sign that says something like, "Stop by our booth at 1pm on 9-29-18 for the unveiling of the new APS-C Flagship!"

One could only hope and dream... And to my chagrin I sit here in dissapointment
09-26-2018, 07:23 AM   #1512
Forum Member

announcement: CP+ 2019
possible pre-presentation: Photokina 2019(May)
09-26-2018, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #1513
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
But hey, only 22 weeks until CP+ 2019!
Now the pessimists have something to whine about and the optimists have something to look forward to for the next 22 weeks.
09-26-2018, 07:40 AM   #1514
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by H.Abendsen Quote
announcement: CP+ 2019
possible pre-presentation: Photokina 2019(May)
Perhaps. Pentax has the KP. People can want and want and want a K3III, but that won't mean very much to Ricoh.
So why not take a realistic view, and look out for a KP successor, that won't neccessarily have to be a sort of KPII, but may also merge some of the K3 design into it.

Ricoh won't happily give all the eager ones a K3III, and leave the KP's on the shelf. Their user base is erroding as it is.

So I would say: open a new thread: the KP successor. What do you want to see in it, when would it realistically appear (when will the KP phase out?).
There is only room for one high end APSC camera with current Pentax/Ricoh.
All other stuff is desire, wishfull thinking, and a lot of fairy dust.

Chris
09-26-2018, 07:40 AM   #1515
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Now the pessimists have something to whine about and the optimists have something to look forward to for the next 22 weeks.
"It's only 22 weeks away!"

VS

"That's [almost] HALF A YEAR from now!"

Closed Thread