Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1279 Likes Search this Thread
09-27-2018, 05:01 PM   #1606
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by H.Abendsen Quote
If I don't get kicked out of here, I will post a small sketch how I think it would work...
You'll only get kicked if you don't stay polite to other members. So far, you're presenting your viewpoint in an acceptable manner.

09-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #1607
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Have you tried it???
The way my brother taught me to do it, I seem to be looking at top of camera, casually making basic adjustments, if I'm looking down at the camera at waist level.
Much different from holding the camera so I can see a screen on the back or looking through the view-finder.
Yes I did and still do street photos.
That's why I like the K-70.
Your body and your attention can look straight ahead (your eyes on the display) while you actually are pinning a person in a frame 90 degrees to the right of the direction you are looking at.
If you act right, no one will even notice the camera is pointing at them... Especially not with the 40mm XS mounted.
I really don't know your method but I don't see reaching the same flexibility with the K-1 display, with which an est. tltin of max. 40° is possible, whereas with the K-70s display even more than 90° is possible.

---------- Post added 09-27-18 at 05:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
You'll only get kicked if you don't stay polite to other members. So far, you're presenting your viewpoint in an acceptable manner.
Thanks for letting me know.
09-27-2018, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #1608
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I render that a fantasy of a true fan. I admire your efforts really, but face it, with thick gloves it would be even more difficult to set the wheels to the correct Position.
The wheels work very well with winter gloves when button operation becomes almost impossible.
09-27-2018, 05:19 PM - 2 Likes   #1609
mee
Veteran Member

Is this what happens when there are no new products to discuss ..we get a heavily invested discussion on the K-1 extra dial?

09-27-2018, 05:22 PM   #1610
Forum Member

Like I said before: plumber gloves, and I can use it as if I would use it with my bare hands.
And I don't see it an easy task to to turn that wheel to the exact position with real thick winter gloves anyway show me a video of you doing that.

But back to playing "stealth"... It works in a different way for different persons...
AND even though I know there is a better solution for display and accessibility -the wheel issue-(which also mean 2 additional weak points to me BTW... we all know the general problems with wheels)

Thing is:
-=> I JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE. Others already tried to discuss that out and show their points why displays and wheels need to change to the "big voices" on the forums...
Though in the beginning most of their arguments seemed kinda logical and similar to mine. But they all failed.
So I just have one big wish to santa claus that I can't stop repeating:
THUMBSTICK for selecting the AF-POINT(S) PLZ!

---------- Post added 09-27-18 at 05:28 PM ----------

Thx so much in advance.
09-27-2018, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #1611
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

show their points why displays and wheels need to change to the "big voices" on the forums...
Mostly others have said that their opinion differs from yours. Not sure why you keep insisting we are wrong and you are right. That is self-evident for your use case. But not for others.

Also not sure why you are so concerned about getting kicked out of here. Has that happened to you at other places? Most folks here will accept your viewpoint in the spirit in which it is offered as long as you accept that others have opinions as well.
09-27-2018, 05:34 PM   #1612
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Is this what happens when there are no new products to discuss
I heard a rumour about the GR IV???

09-27-2018, 05:54 PM - 2 Likes   #1613
Pentaxian

Like I said before: plumber gloves, and I can use it as if I would use it with my bare hands.
And I don't see it an easy task to to turn that wheel to the exact position with real thick winter gloves anyway show me a video of you doing that.

But back to playing "stealth"... It works in a different way for different persons...
AND even though I know there is a better solution for display and accessibility -the wheel issue-(which also mean 2 additional weak points to me BTW... we all know the general problems with wheels)

Thing is:
-=> I JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE. Others already tried to discuss that out and show their points why displays and wheels need to change to the "big voices" on the forums...
Though in the beginning most of their arguments seemed kinda logical and similar to mine. But they all failed.
So I just have one big wish to santa claus that I can't stop repeating:

Thx so much in advance.
There is obviously no point to trying to rationally discuss this, so lets move back to another subject.

You still haven't told us how many months you are willing for the K-3 followup to be delayed to get this thing that is so much more important to you than to others of us.

Yes, adding something like this would delay the project by several months - I'm not quite sure how many - but there would be a real delay.
09-27-2018, 05:54 PM   #1614
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is this what happens when there are no new products to discuss ..we get a heavily invested discussion on the K-1 extra dial?
Yes, because it's application may / may not carry over into the k-3iii too.
09-27-2018, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #1615
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I prefer the thought of alcohol IV and just holding the camera...
09-27-2018, 05:57 PM - 3 Likes   #1616
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Obviously, you "care" enough to post about it here. I'm not sure who the "big voices" are that you are referring to? It's not helpful to the discussion.

Thx so much in advance.
You want a thumbstick. We get that.
09-27-2018, 06:03 PM   #1617
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You want a thumbstick. We get that.
+1. Though I've never used one I would be interested in seeing how it improves focus point selection. Though since I only use single center, I guess maybe not that useful to me..............
09-27-2018, 06:05 PM   #1618
mee
Veteran Member

Yes, because it's application may / may not carry over into the k-3iii too.
May or may not.... got it.
09-27-2018, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #1619
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
What I think would be neat is a modular GR. Left or Right hand grips as well as a grip somehow containing an EVF (for those that want it). If the 'core of the camera was just a cube consisting of sensor, lens, and processor then everything around it could be modularized.
09-27-2018, 06:22 PM   #1620
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

May or may not.... got it.
Do you expect anything less / more in a rumours / news thread?
Closed Thread