Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1279 Likes Search this Thread
10-31-2018, 03:23 AM - 1 Like   #2356
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
1.8 or 2.0 APS-C primes are far from "enormous" in my opinion. Significantly bigger than current limiteds? Yes, but not huge like new DFA 1.4. I wrote silent motors not faster focusing - just to be able to focus without making noise. In general I am thinking about all around primes for silent shooting in dark interiors and (with WR for outsides). Paired with two bodies would be a nice kit for events.
Yes, similar in construction and appearance to the 20-40 zoom (but obviously not as long) would be nice.

Philip

10-31-2018, 03:25 AM   #2357
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
I'm not a major stressor of batteries. If I start the day with a full charge, I really appreciate knowing I'll get through the whole day without having to think about the battery.
Sounds like a legitimate comment. I'm like you most of the time, except when I forgot to plan my shooting in advance I hate waiting for the battery to fully recharge, that's why I keep one battery in my camera and a spare battery fully charged in the camera bag, so that when the battery inside the camera is close to depleted, I replaced it with the fully charged battery. Sounds like it makes sense to me.
10-31-2018, 06:26 AM   #2358

My K5 + 150-450 gets about 1500-2000 shots per full battery charge, so it's 1 battery change I do. I now change it when it drops a notch because performance goes down after that.
So the KP would require something like 3-4 batteries (inc the one in camera). That's 3 batteries more that I'd have to buy, at the usual "friendly" manufacturer prices.

Good camera it may be, but the above plus the laughable buffer mean it's certainly not on K5/K3 level.

P.S. rant: And the K1 needs to clear the buffer a lot faster to be a flagship (but it's still a temptress)

Last edited by dafbp; 10-31-2018 at 06:27 AM. Reason: number of batteries
10-31-2018, 06:55 AM   #2359
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dafbp Quote
My K5 + 150-450 gets about 1500-2000 shots per full battery charge,
P.S. rant: And the K1 needs to clear the buffer a lot faster to be a flagship (but it's still a temptress)
Battery grip with eneloop pro 2500mAh of Pana 2700mAh can easily produce 4000 shots. 4000 shots sold at $400, you'll make a fortune, unless you eventually format the SD to get rid of all those thousand shots that do wow anyone in any way.

10-31-2018, 07:38 AM   #2360
Pentaxian

The battery of the KP is not as bad as often told... but I frequently have to change batteries multiple times in a day of shooting, sometimes more than just once change !
And although the large grip is too small for me (and I have small hands), it would already have the space to put a K3 battery, if it had been not changeable (or just bigger).

So they could solve 2 problems at once
10-31-2018, 07:40 AM - 1 Like   #2361
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by agukha Quote
The battery of the KP is not as bad as often told... but I frequently have to change batteries multiple times in a day of shooting, sometimes more than just once change !
And although the large grip is too small for me (and I have small hands), it would already have the space to put a K3 battery, if it had been not changeable (or just bigger).

So they could solve 2 problems at once
Not at all - the smallest grip is what makes it attractive to me - they'll make another camera for you.
10-31-2018, 08:29 AM   #2362
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Not at all - the smallest grip is what makes it attractive to me - they'll make another camera for you.
Yes, they will do it with the successor of the K3ii ^^

11-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #2363
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Why do you think that would be stupid?
Everybody's eyes are glazed at mirrorless news, and Pentax has a very small share of the market. Even the competition wouldn't care, except maybe to get some ideas after it came out.
How could it be counterproductive??

Their inventory of K-3ii's to sell is virtually empty, so they wouldn't lose sales, and to say that Canon, Nikon, or Sony is going to react to {tiny} Pentax sounds dumb. All Pentax had to do was to repeat the assurance of CP+ 2018 "We are working on that". That sentence was not stupid at CP+ and it would not have been stupid at Photokina.
Because usually when you play poker you avoid showing every opponent your cards in hand?
11-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #2364
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Because usually when you play poker you avoid showing every opponent your cards in hand?
But this isn't playing poker. They aren't willing to let friends know they have anything. In February Pentax was willing to re-assure their users that K-3ii replacement was being worked on ..... today they aren't willing to do that, even though the shelves are essentially bare.

They don't have to say what.
They don't have to say when.
11-01-2018, 08:51 AM   #2365
Pentaxian

But this isn't playing poker. They aren't willing to let friends know they have anything. In February Pentax was willing to re-assure their users that K-3ii replacement was being worked on ..... today they aren't willing to do that, even though the shelves are essentially bare.

They don't have to say what.
They don't have to say when.

is this the difference between talking to a ricoh representative at a product launch and and a sales guy at a trade show?
11-01-2018, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #2366
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
is this the difference between talking to a ricoh representative at a product launch and and a sales guy at a trade show?
Company representatives were interviewed by PF staff at both CP+ and Photokina trade shows..
Japan undoubtedly gave the Photokina representatives a 'talking points' summary to memorize.
11-02-2018, 04:22 AM - 2 Likes   #2367

My news sounds like this:

Threre will be come a new APS-C camera. No K3 replacement. A new one!
Will be come for 100 Pentax bithday, next year. Announce or sell ( no more Information) February 2019.
The new camera will have some, some more Ffatures from K1.

That all the News I get from Pentax at a roadshow. This sounds like the interview from Mr. Baus, Pentax europe. So I think it will be come.

---------- Post added 02-11-18 at 13:24 ----------

I Forget:

He said that will become some more presents for Pentax-Users next year.

---------- Post added 02-11-18 at 13:26 ----------

He said that will become some more "gifts" for Pentax-Users next year.

I think by myself about classes.
11-08-2018, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #2368

Photos: Albums
I really hope you're right, my K5 needs urgent replacement
11-12-2018, 09:48 AM   #2369
Pentaxian

AA battery capability back

I hope the Pentax K-Pi will renew with AA battery capability, this was one of the reason I had choose Pentax at first, and I regret they have stopped it !
When you're traveling mostly in nature, you may not find some place to recharge proprietary battery, but you can buy on almost all countries some AA batteries !

And AA rechargeable batteries can be better and better as time go (eneloop didn't existed ten years ago), contrary to a fixed proprietary battery.
11-12-2018, 10:57 AM   #2370
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by agukha Quote
I hope the Pentax K-Pi will renew with AA battery capability, this was one of the reason I had choose Pentax at first, and I regret they have stopped it !
When you're traveling mostly in nature, you may not find some place to recharge proprietary battery, but you can buy on almost all countries some AA batteries !

And AA rechargeable batteries can be better and better as time go (eneloop didn't existed ten years ago), contrary to a fixed proprietary battery.
A little older
QuoteQuote:
Eneloop (Japanese: エネループ Hepburn: Enerūpu) is a brand of 1.2-volt low self-discharge nickel–metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries and accessories developed by Sanyo (later acquired by Panasonic), introduced in 2005.
Closed Thread