Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #16
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
It's fascinanting how ogl is starting threads like "why no Pentax leaks.." and the next day he spills the beans on the net about what he find out ... Man, if you're already there don't stay in limbo. Either tell those people all or shut up (which you should of done in the first place IMHO) if you cannot run the whole mile. It's not like you're gonna see or heard anything fromn Pentax in a while, anyway ...

Radu
Are all Romanian Pentaxians gloomy and angry? Without sense of humor?
With inner problems?
Did I do something bad for you?

You have bad manners, dear friend... Are you ill-breeding?
You already have K20D and I hope you are happy with K20D+DA35.
Am I right?

08-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #17
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
"You know how to shoot, don't you? You just stop your Takumar down and... click" - Slim, in To Have a Takumar and To Have Not a Spotmatic
08-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #18
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Are all Romanian Pentaxians gloomy and angry? Without sense of humor?
With inner problems?
Did I do something bad for you?

You have bad manners, dear friend... Are you ill-breeding?
You already have K20D and I hope you are happy with K20D+DA35.
Am I right?

Well, about the ill-breeding part I guess it was done in your family and so, sadly you appeared into this world. But let's forget about the gloomy and angry stuff and your compulsive obsession with stuff you don't have or can't afford or a combination of the two so you chose to bash. I told you directly if you have the datasheet you may as well publish it because knowing the types of connection one must have to get something like this you can be quite sure it won't happen to you soon if ever. So, at least you could spare this people that wanna know without jeopardising the relations of the rest of us with NDA's (and who keep our word unlike you).
Just who do you think you are doing a favor by publishing half-facts like this? Pentax, your co-forum colleagues? This is what I asked you in the first place but you failled to understand.
BTW, keep the personal remarks for yourself if you don't want the same response, because frankly I'll have to lower myself to your level and I don't want this.

Sleep well, you sound tired!
Radu
08-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #19

The perfect entry level camera would be a MF 645D. I will buy one - along with Pal

Bob

08-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by bobrapp Quote
The perfect entry level camera would be a MF 645D. I will buy one - along with Pal

Bob
And why not a 67 D? I know, there has been no prototype for any of those, but the original 67 is so much sexier than the 645! and the format is more interesting too!
08-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #21
ogl
Banned

I'm for peace in the world...
08-30-2008, 04:00 AM   #22
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by clawhammer Quote
The K20 fiasco was proof that we've been there for nearly a year now...

I think pentax has realized that trying to do a viral marketing campaign with a lot of leaks, etc can cause over-realistic expectations and hurt their image, so they're now playing it very close to the chest.
Are you sure they are "playing close to the chest"? Which chest? They leak nothing but you may be sure that Nikon and Canon know it all already and they are not buying Pentax cameras! We are!!!

Rui
08-30-2008, 05:20 AM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
As OGL insists
If he's wrong he'll be forced to spend the entire winter season in a lonely hotel in Colorado alone with Ricehigh and WendyB

08-30-2008, 05:24 AM   #24
ogl
Banned

I could be cool...And with Jack Nicholson.

OK....Dates...Dates...

*ist DS was announced on September, 13, 2004
K10D - on September, 13, 2006
Kxxx - on September,..., 2008

At least in 2 nearest weeks... I think...
08-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by deudeu Quote
And why not a 67 D? I know, there has been no prototype for any of those, but the original 67 is so much sexier than the 645! and the format is more interesting too!
Dude.... Have you ever picked up a 67? It's like picking up a small block chevy engine. Sure it makes great negatives and slides, but man..... And people think the K10D/K20D with the grip is big...
08-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If new entry level camera will be a K200D with pentaprism and sensor from K20D I'm all for it. It would be a good expedition camera. Now I just have to figure what would I do with the three bodies I already have (no, DS isn't going anywhere).
09-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #27
ogl
Banned

I can say that new "Kxxx low-end level" has a bit higher specification than K200D and has body good to put pancakes.
09-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I can say that new "Kxxx low-end level" has a bit higher specification than K200D [...]
Well I hope so...

[...] and has body good to put pancakes.
That's quite nice ...

If it really receives a KxxxD name and not a KxxxxD name, is it supposed to replace the K200D altogether or play Canon-like strategy (which they just abandoned btw) of keeping the older model alive at slashed price ...

I also suppose the new KxxxD should still boast Weather sealing then..
09-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
If new entry level camera will be a K200D with pentaprism and sensor from K20D I'm all for it. It would be a good expedition camera. Now I just have to figure what would I do with the three bodies I already have (no, DS isn't going anywhere).

To me that sounds like the camera Ogl is hinting at.

Pentax still needs a camera under the K200D. The K200D it is just not entry level enough. There have also been plenty of hints that Pentax intends to have a KxxxxD level camera.

This would mean Pentax would have three bodies at the entry level position. This would not be unlike the Sony lineup with their 200A, 300A, 350A series.

It might make marketing sense. It would provide the first time buyer some choice at the entry level point. I expect the "Marketers" are busy trying to redefine the DSLR market into 3 distinct classes (amature, pro/am, Pro), each with multiple choices in the catagory. The entry level market, I understand, is the largest so they might as well provide the product choices there first.

Does anyone think there is any chance Pentax is going to release THREE bodies at Photokina? That looks a little ambitious. Maybe we are going to see a K2000D, a K250D, and the 645D prototype has morphed into the K2D prototype. So in the end, Pentax has two more bodies, but still nothing above the K20D for sale.

The wait is killing me!
09-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #30
Veteran Member

I can say that new "Kxxx low-end level" has a bit higher specification than K200D and has body good to put pancakes.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the K2000D!