Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
Busiko

Entry level camera wish list

As OGL insists, there will be a new entry level camera from Pentax. New name, new philosophy? If they are changing the model name, no K any more, there will be a new mount (fully compatible via adapter) and a very high spec one. IF that happens imagine what specs would the new Hi-End Pentax bring following that. Remember the LiveView through the viewfinder? That opens the way to video! Where have I seen this before? And with 756.~ cm3 that's an entry level.
I will not eat any hat OGL, I'd rather have Cruesli.
Rui

08-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No new philosophy. It's on the level of K200D.
Model name will have K. And I think that only 3 digits (I don't know the name exactly).
Maybe K250D? )) Or K300D? I'm not sure...
08-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
How many MPs? new sensor? weatherseals? SR? batteries?
08-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The new mount is a Nikon mount. The camera will be built by Cosina - Hoya have decided that henceforth Pentax will be a marketing only brand, like Vivitar. The entry level model name is K40X, and will have a crippled mount. The up-market model name is K90D and includes a video mode. These cameras will not have any megapixels: in a Samsung-Fuji joint venture, the frame size will be the largest of any consumer level camera. They are calling this system the 126 Digi-Cart, and includes Fuji processing / digitizing to 40MP, out of camera. These cameras feature film-based SR: the entire cartridge is mounted on servo bushings. The live-view image can be recorded via bluetooth connectivity to an external portable drive. Samsung-Fuji also announced a new software package: Virtual Re-Photographer, which extracts frames from the stored stream, albeit at a 6 MP resolution. Pentax explains the replacement of weather seals by real baby arctic seal skin as a part of their corporate commitment to green technologies. A portion of the sales price will go towards the support of the arctic seal conservation.

In an unrelated development, Hallmark/Westland Meat Packing Company, recently embroiled in an 'unfit for human consumption' meat sales scandal, announced the formation of Hallmark Seal Farming Co. The new corporation will develop seal based renewable products for the fur, leather and sushi markets.

08-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
The new mount is a Nikon mount. The camera will be built by Cosina - Hoya have decided that henceforth Pentax will be a marketing only brand, like Vivitar. The entry level model name is K40X, and will have a crippled mount. The up-market model name is K90D and includes a video mode. These cameras will not have any megapixels: in a Samsung-Fuji joint venture, the frame size will be the largest of any consumer level camera. They are calling this system the 126 Digi-Cart, and includes Fuji processing / digitizing to 40MP, out of camera. These cameras feature film-based SR: the entire cartridge is mounted on servo bushings. The live-view image can be recorded via bluetooth connectivity to an external portable drive. Samsung-Fuji also announced a new software package: Virtual Re-Photographer, which extracts frames from the stored stream, albeit at a 6 MP resolution. Pentax explains the replacement of weather seals by real baby arctic seal skin as a part of their corporate commitment to green technologies. A portion of the sales price will go towards the support of the arctic seal conservation.

In an unrelated development, Hallmark/Westland Meat Packing Company, recently embroiled in an 'unfit for human consumption' meat sales scandal, announced the formation of Hallmark Seal Farming Co. The new corporation will develop seal based renewable products for the fur, leather and sushi markets.
WAKE UP, WAKE UP! You have an bad dream!
08-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nesster, you sure have time on your hands!
IMO, Pentax needs an advance on the K20D more than it needs another entry model...
08-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Honestly, what will a new, "entry level" body have that will appeal to so many around here?

08-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
This is what I heard as well! And it will cost less than $300 body only.
08-29-2008, 02:14 PM   #9
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Honestly, what will a new, "entry level" body have that will appeal to so many around here?
I don't know about others but I need an inexpesive, smaller, lighter second body for more casual situations.

Radu
08-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #10
Veteran Member

This is becoming ridiculous.

Or are we beyond that already?
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #11
ogl
Banned

It will be classical camera. No revolution. But it's "tasty" to use pancakes.
And it's hard to say it's on lower level than K200D.
08-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #12
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
This is becoming ridiculous.

No it isn't. We are all ridiculous.
Also my friend Jose was showing me his interest on a Nik D60 and I talked about the Pentax handling was better, among other things. He argued back "yes I remember when I played with your K10D. I liked it, it feels good, fits nicely on my hands, but ... IT'S HEAVY"
Then I said to him. No worry, as a matter of fact, even ftpaddict thinks it is ridiculous to talk about an entry level, low weight, high quality Pentax body, which everybody will love at first sight, but it is never coming. So go and buy your D60, and remember, you never heard of Pentax.
Rui
08-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #13
Veteran Member

126 digi-cart! bwahaha! will it run on car batteries or have its own diesel powered generator i wonder.
08-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #14
RaduA

It's fascinanting how ogl is starting threads like "why no Pentax leaks.." and the next day he spills the beans on the net about what he find out ... Man, if you're already there don't stay in limbo. Either tell those people all or shut up (which you should of done in the first place IMHO) if you cannot run the whole mile. It's not like you're gonna see or heard anything fromn Pentax in a while, anyway ...

Radu
08-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
The K20 fiasco was proof that we've been there for nearly a year now...

I think pentax has realized that trying to do a viral marketing campaign with a lot of leaks, etc can cause over-realistic expectations and hurt their image, so they're now playing it very close to the chest.