12-29-2017, 06:30 PM - 2 Likes   #181
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Rumors of a K3II replacement?

Fake news?

Is there really any difference?

Do I care?

I'd rather spend 10 hours listening to this.

Trololo 10 hours - YouTube

12-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #182
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Hey normhead what I said was Nikon introduced UHS-II in the D500. So you just posted total nonsense. I am not comparing the D500 to the K-1. Apparently the experts all agree that the faster UHS-II bus speeds would have been no benefit to the K-1. I disagree.

Holy smokes people lighten up.

Seriously kunzite you are off the rails.
It would be seriously excellent if Nikon had IBSR and Pixels shift in the D500, so what? If Pentax does it fine, no one really cares about what Nikon does. This thread isn't about Nikon, or 4k or UHS-II. The thing is, Pentax can at some point introduce UHS-II, it won't affect IQ, but hey it would be nice. But in terms of IQ, Nikon really isn't part fo the conversation.
12-29-2017, 09:30 PM   #183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One day there could be a K-3 remplacement.

2018 should bring some new Pentax product.

But frankly, i know that i don't know, yet.

Might we discuss longer about such evidences ?

Happy Holidays everybody !

Last edited by Zygonyx; 12-29-2017 at 09:47 PM.
12-30-2017, 06:59 AM - 1 Like   #184
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It would be seriously excellent if Nikon had IBSR and Pixels shift in the D500, so what? If Pentax does it fine, no one really cares about what Nikon does. This thread isn't about Nikon, or 4k or UHS-II. The thing is, Pentax can at some point introduce UHS-II, it won't affect IQ, but hey it would be nice. But in terms of IQ, Nikon really isn't part fo the conversation.
As I said I wasn't comparing the D500 in any way other than the fact it has UHS-II. Pentax released the K-1 in 2016 the same year with only UHS-I. UHS-I affects the image quality of the K-1 by all the images I have missed taking waiting for the camera due to the slow bus speed. I shoot in single shot mode. I normally shoot in three consecutive images. 1.2.3. With the K-1 it is more like 1....2....3. If I don't pause in between images the K-1 often does not fire when I press the shutter button. Due to the fact I have to pause in between the three images affects the sequence which affects the image quality.

Before the K-1 release I said here this camera needs UHS-II. That didn't happen and the result is a slow functioning camera. Waiting for the next APS-C replacement for the K3II lets hope Ricoh/Pentax at least uses UHS-II because it does affect image quality in many ways.

As I said earlier as well the Samsung 28mp BSI-CMOS sensor would be a great candidate as a replacement for the K3II.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-30-2017 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Keeping it friendly and non-confrontational
12-30-2017, 07:16 AM   #185
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
As I said I wasn't comparing the D500 in any way other than the fact it has UHS-II. Pentax released the K-1 in 2016 the same year with only UHS-I. UHS-I affects the image quality of the K-1 by all the images I have missed taking waiting for the camera due to the slow bus speed. I shoot in single shot mode. I normally shoot in three consecutive images. 1.2.3. With the K-1 it is more like 1....2....3. If I don't pause in between images the K-1 often does not fire when I press the shutter button. Due to the fact I have to pause in between the three images affects the sequence which affects the image quality.

Before the K-1 release I said here this camera needs UHS-II. That didn't happen and the result is a slow functioning camera. Waiting for the next APS-C replacement for the K3II lets hope Ricoh/Pentax at least uses UHS-II because it does affect image quality in many ways.

As I said earlier as well the Samsung 28mp BSI-CMOS sensor would be a great candidate as a replacement for the K3II.
If your K-1 is pausing between shots in single-shot mode, that's got absolutely nothing to do with UHS-I vs. UHS-II.

UHS-1 vs. UHS-II bus speed only affects your ability to take pictures after you've accumulated maybe 74 JPEG, 17 RAW, or 13 RAW+JPG images in the buffer and the camera is waiting to write out an image over the bus to the card before taking the next shot.

Slow shooting in single-shot mode is probably due to some combination of using CPU-intensive image corrections or maybe some interactions with the AF system.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-30-2017 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post
12-30-2017, 08:40 AM   #186
Pentaxian

As I said I wasn't comparing the D500 in any way other than the fact it has UHS-II.
From the list I saw, at least 15 cameras use UHS-II. It is in no way associated with the Nikon D500. IN fact Nikon has only two cameras that use it. Fuji has 5, Olympus has 4, Sony has two. So, ya, it would be nice, but it has nothing to do with the Nikon D500, except that the D500 is one of many cameras on which it is implemented.

UHS-II Camera List - DSLR and mirrorless cameras with UHS-II SD Card Interface and take advantage of UHS-II cards - Camera Memory Speed Comparison & Performance tests for SD and CF cards
12-30-2017, 08:46 AM   #187
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
From the list I saw, at least 15 cameras use UHS-II. It is in no way associated with the Nikon D500. IN fact Nikon has only two cameras that use it. Fuji has 5, Olympus has 4, Sony has two. So, ya, it would be nice, but it has nothing to do with the Nikon D500, except that the D500 is one of many cameras on which it is implemented.

UHS-II Camera List - DSLR and mirrorless cameras with UHS-II SD Card Interface and take advantage of UHS-II cards - Camera Memory Speed Comparison & Performance tests for SD and CF cards
I think Rico was just using the D500 as an example. From the warm reception you gave him, I can't see why people even bother communicating here. Just let the man have his opinion...
12-30-2017, 09:11 AM - 4 Likes   #188
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I Just let the man have his opinion...
Interesting statement from one who recently complained that the mods don't stifle opinions that haven't been confirmed as fact.
Of course, that's just my opinion.

12-30-2017, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #189
Pentaxian

12-30-2017, 09:52 AM   #190
Pentaxian

I'm afraid some things are not a matter of opinion, but understanding.
12-30-2017, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #191
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm afraid some things are not a matter of opinion, but understanding.
Welp, my current understanding after a few days with the K-3 II is that it is bloody brilliant, and so I hope the K-3 III is bloodier brillianter.

Hopefully, Pentax won't "pull a Nikon" and have something of a regression, like what Nikon did with the D7500.
12-30-2017, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #192
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Interesting statement from one who recently complained that the mods don't stifle opinions that haven't been confirmed as fact.
Of course, that's just my opinion.
You misread. I didn't complain about stifling opinions that haven't been confirmed as fact but purposely allowing obvious fake rumors to be spread as possibly true.

And here you are just trying to instigate argument. It isn't a good look. Especially for a moderator who is given privileges in order to keep the place friendly (and you're doing the opposite).
12-30-2017, 11:20 AM - 2 Likes   #193
Drop And Give Me 50!
Loyal Site Supporter

Seems this discussion is dangerously off topic.

12-30-2017, 11:44 AM - 4 Likes   #194
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Seems this discussion is dangerously off topic.
There's been way too much friction for what should and could have been a fun and friendly discussion.

I'm finally calling time on this one, folks
Closed Thread