Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 172 Likes Search this Thread
12-27-2017, 05:26 PM - 1 Like   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
The only part of these threads that upsets me is when fake news sites promoting fake news articles are legitimized as this one is.

Here is an article that can help you out How to Spot Fake News - FactCheck.org

Going through the steps one can easily ascertain that 'Daily Camera News' is low on facts and high on informational cow patties. But knowing their track record, beyond this article, told me their 'news' smells strong of methane.

It is a non-article and it is obvious.

Kunzite, aurele, x4rd, LensBeginner, caliscouser, Sandy Hancock, clickclick, fsge, even Adam all call it bunk... or pure speculation. Yet you're telling me it is too difficult to discern if this site is providing accurate information or not.... need a crystal ball to sort it? alrighty.
What difference does it make? I understand if there are political figures involved or something of import, but even if this is a flat out lie, there is no harm done by saying that Pentax may announce a new camera in the second half of next year.

I don't think this web site has any more information than I have. For all I know, they've been reading threads on this very Forum and decided to stir things up with this article. But who really cares?

12-27-2017, 05:35 PM - 1 Like   #122
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

The only part of these threads that upsets me is when fake news sites promoting fake news articles are legitimized as this one is.

Going through the steps one can easily ascertain that 'Daily Camera News' is low on facts and high on informational cow patties. But knowing their track record, beyond this article, told me their 'news' smells strong of methane.

Kunzite, aurele, x4rd, LensBeginner, caliscouser, Sandy Hancock, clickclick, fsge, even Adam all call it bunk... or pure speculation. Yet you're telling me it is too difficult to discern if this site is providing accurate information or not.... need a crystal ball to sort it? alrighty.
As I said in my previous post, it's not within the moderators' remit to do anything other than ensure posting is within the forum rules and marketplace rules. That's what we do, and it's all that we're mandated to do. We're certainly not going to censor a member's thread or post for mentioning something they believed might be a valid rumour - even if some of us, @Adam included, think that rumour has no merit. Those that think so can simply post a courteous reply - like @Adam did - and move on.

Folks, let's please return to the subject of the thread. For those that have no desire to take part in a friendly and constructive discussion on the matter, now would be a good time to bow out, to avoid further disruption to the thread. Many thanks

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-27-2017 at 05:44 PM.
12-27-2017, 06:17 PM - 3 Likes   #123
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

What I was telling you, in a tongue in cheek way, was that moderators are not lie detectors. It's not our job to sort fact from fiction. That's YOUR job, as a reader. Believe, or don't believe what you choose.
If you find a book in the library that you don't like don't complain to the librarian. Simply don't read tbe book.
12-27-2017, 06:23 PM - 1 Like   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a case where the worthiness of the rumor is unimportant. What is important - or at least, what we will end up discussing - is what we hope the K-3 III will include, and thoughts on the timeframe.

It would also be interesting to read if folks have thoughts on what features the K-3 III should include to succeed in the market. IOW, not features that the poster necessarily desires for him/her self, but rather features that he/she feels would help the K-3 III succeed in the marketplace.

I wonder how achievable a noticeably larger OVF would be?

12-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #125
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
What difference does it make? I understand if there are political figures involved or something of import, but even if this is a flat out lie, there is no harm done by saying that Pentax may announce a new camera in the second half of next year.

I don't think this web site has any more information than I have. For all I know, they've been reading threads on this very Forum and decided to stir things up with this article. But who really cares?
Just wait for September 2018 if there is no camera and ask me that again. We already have people waiting since middle of last year.. so year and a half now... stretching 2016 and we're almost into 2018.

Now you're moving the goal posts to 'what does it matter' well it mattered the past 9 pages.. otherwise we wouldn't be discussing a camera that has not been announced or even properly rumored. So I think it matters. I've responded all your claims and heartaches and every time you guys are moving the point of discussion around. Obviously I'm not the only one that sees there is no factual information in the OP's link. You could just admit there is no news and let me be.

But I'll play.. I want a 30 MP BSI sensor with 63 AF points in group selections of 9 points and 10 FPS with enough of a cache to hold 100 DNG shots on my currently non-announced, non-existent K-3 II successor. Put it in the K-1 body but without the mode dial.. instead provide a large top LCD panel. And introduce a limited edition in gundam blue with popup robot head where the flash would be located.
12-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #126
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
What I was telling you, in a tongue in cheek way, was that moderators are not lie detectors. It's not our job to sort fact from fiction. That's YOUR job, as a reader. Believe, or don't believe what you choose.
If you find a book in the library that you don't like don't complain to the librarian. Simply don't read tbe book.
It was pretty rude.

I was saying it is a fake news site and you guys got your undies in a tight one over me saying it was a garbage rumor. You could have just accepted my PoV/comment, left me alone, and at least one of these pages wouldn't even exist right now. So it takes two to tango, friend.
12-27-2017, 06:35 PM - 2 Likes   #127
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

... and so, let's draw a line and return to the thread subject. Thanks again, all

12-27-2017, 06:43 PM - 4 Likes   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
... and so, let's draw a line and return to the thread subject. Thanks again, all

Back to discussing the typical ol' rumour and creating wishlists...
12-27-2017, 06:55 PM - 1 Like   #129
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What happened? Did I miss something important!
12-27-2017, 07:09 PM - 1 Like   #130
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

No.
Go back to sleep.

12-27-2017, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #131
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It's called a "rue more" for a reason. And that's what we seem to be doing.

I've no idea if this news is a fake product of the Pentax pessimists ("we have to wait another year grumble grumble grumble"), a fake product of the Pentax optimists ("yay! APS-C flagship coming into port"), regular old click bait, or some accidentally prescient hint at Ricoh's actual plans.

Whatever it is, I find it interesting enough to think about how Pentax might evolve and where APS-C fits into the company's vision.
12-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #132
Veteran Member

Samsung has their 28MP BSI APS-C which would be a great alternative to the Sony 24MP.

The major thing needed for the successor of the K3II is UHS-II. Without UHS-II the video and frame rates will suffer.

Ricoh also should start moving everything to micro SD.
12-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #133
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Samsung has their 28MP BSI APS-C which would be a great alternative to the Sony 24MP.
Increased MP is a two-edged sword - you get more detail, but it works against better noise {better noise has been a constant in recent Pentax products} and against higher burst rate {people are always asking for higher burst rate}

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Ricoh also should start moving everything to micro SD.
Why?? What would be the benefit of this??
12-27-2017, 08:37 PM   #134
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Increased MP is a two-edged sword - you get more detail, but it works against better noise {better noise has been a constant in recent Pentax products} and against higher burst rate {people are always asking for higher burst rate}
The BSI component of the Samsung 28MP sensor should be the equalizer for noise control compared with the current 24MP Sony sensor. I like this idea and have been a proponent of it since the demise of the Samsung NX1.

QuoteQuote:
Why?? What would be the benefit of this??
MicroSD has become the standard of phones, tablets, etc.

I wouldn't like 'em in a DSLR, though, as I have man-hands.
12-27-2017, 09:47 PM - 1 Like   #135
Pentaxian

I like/prefer regular size SD cards.
Closed Thread