Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2017, 03:06 AM   #61
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Gosh you're a bucket of positivity! What the heck do you know?

Larry
Yes, but these days there are a lot of economic "forum experts", we know now for sure (well according to them) that phones will replace reflex, that Pentax won't make anymore of them, and that they are going to die, as Nikon also is going to die since a few years as well.

12-26-2017, 03:35 AM - 1 Like   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Sorry to disappoint here, but I think K3III is unlikely to happen or that will be at a loss. DSLR market shrinking, most people using mobile phone means no viable selling quantities for Pentax. Most likely senario is Canikon & Co. to downsize drastically to stay profitable with much less selling quantities, and Ricoh to divest its DSLR business, we already see it this year with no new DSLR product.
The last part tell us how much you care to know about Pentax, and how truthful your Pentax-bashing is.
PENTAX KP | RICOH IMAGING
12-26-2017, 04:09 AM - 1 Like   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This article doesn't have any "information" in it. Ricoh has said that the K-P isn't a K3 II replacement, that is clear. There is also room between the K-P and K-1 for another camera, an APS-C flagship of sorts. What exactly that entails is unclear and when the release date will be is unclear as well. These days, it seems as though that price range means 4K video, really fast frame rate, and excellent tracking auto focus.

If I were going to guess based on past history, I would say that Ricoh would do a D500 lite -- something pretty close to the D500 specs, but selling in the 1200 to 1300 range. It does seem as though the key point here is what they do with video. Ricoh has never been interested in video, but it is a box you have to check these days in order to sell in that price range. Certainly they have had long enough to work on it and figure out how they are going to target the market.

I don't know anything, but that would be my guess.
12-26-2017, 05:10 AM - 1 Like   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is going to be a MASSIVE thread by the time September comes.

12-26-2017, 05:43 AM   #65
Pentaxian

Time to start a "Why I won't buy the K-3 III" thread?
12-26-2017, 06:40 AM   #66
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Time to start a "Why I won't buy the K-3 III" thread?
Okay I'll start it.

I won't buy a K-3III not because it's not a good camera. I know it will be better than the K-3II and the KP and it will be loaded with all the features that I don't know about.
I can't buy it as I currently don't have the cash for it and I can't justify having a loan or robbing a bank and going to jail for it.

But as far as I know if someone is going to give me one for free and somebody wants to take it away from me, I'll use my light saber to cut off his arms.
12-26-2017, 06:59 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by agukha Quote
Yes, but these days there are a lot of economic "forum experts", we know now for sure (well according to them) that phones will replace reflex, that Pentax won't make anymore of them, and that they are going to die, as Nikon also is going to die since a few years as well.
Yep, he has the business and engineering expertise covered for sure.......we should be in awe of anything he writes.

12-26-2017, 07:47 AM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Calm down, the rumour claims it will be announced next year. Only announced. In a year. And the whole thing is only a rumour.
And even if tomorrow a new DSLR is released, your K-3II will be just as good. This isn't Apple, who has admitted to throttling their old products
I'm just playin' , I'm not concerned at all about the new APS-C flagship's arrival. In fact, I wish it would get here sooner and hopefully spur a used market/price drop for the KP.
12-26-2017, 08:41 AM - 2 Likes   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This time I will Ignore, use my lenses, and wait for announcements.
12-26-2017, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #70
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

It's more than time for

A new pentax Q.😊

Better now than late
12-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #71
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Zero credibility on anything in that article. Nothing more than speculation.
It doesn't stop the desperate from making it into a discussion though. Anyone can pump out a fake news story on a dreamed up K-3 II successor and it soon finds its way to the PF news and rumors section for thorough discussion.
12-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
It doesn't stop the desperate from making it into a discussion though. Anyone can pump out a fake news story on a dreamed up K-3 II successor and it soon finds its way to the PF news and rumors section for thorough discussion.
Well its a rumor where else should it go???
12-26-2017, 12:33 PM   #73
mee
Veteran Member

The trash can.
12-26-2017, 01:14 PM - 3 Likes   #74
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
The trash can.
With respect to the OP, whether-or-not we think the rumour has any basis - and, personally, I don't - he and our other members are quite free to discuss it. These forums are a social meeting place, and so long as discussions are friendly and respectful, there's no harm done. After all, we don't have to take part in them if we don't want to
12-26-2017, 01:17 PM - 2 Likes   #75
Pentaxian

^ That avatar has a nice ring to it.
Closed Thread