Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2017, 01:18 PM   #76
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
^ That avatar has a nice ring to it.
Thanks There's an element of sarcasm to it, but I'm not sure it comes across Of course, there's an element of hope too...

12-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
It doesn't stop the desperate from making it into a discussion though. Anyone can pump out a fake news story on a dreamed up K-3 II successor and it soon finds its way to the PF news and rumors section for thorough discussion.
I think the big thing this story brings is a date. Most folks felt pretty confident that a K3 II sequel was coming some time next year. The question is when and what features Ricoh would decide to put into such a camera. Clearly as compared to the K-P it will be a bigger body, still with three control wheels, but with faster frame rate and deeper buffer. More than that is hard to say.

The problem with a date of fall of 2018 is that there is no guarantee that it wouldn't be pushed back some more if Ricoh decided it was necessary to get things just right. That wouldn't make the story false, but we have seen it happen plenty of times where a planned launch was delayed more than folks thought it would. Till there is an official announcement from Ricoh I wouldn't trust any dates as they feel quite uncertain.
12-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't care for camera like K-3 is, anymore.
It's heavy, and it's a DSLR . .which is ancient technology these days.. .
. .
I like KP size, and flash unit, like in original K-3, and that's the spot, where I would like to stop. .
. .
I would love to see Pentax advanced 'dslr like' mirrorless in future,
but this company is slow, even in true dslr field.
. .
Ricoh have a long history of discontuited many lines and types of cameras,
and I feel,
like they really don't know what they want, and what they do. .
. .
I would love to escape from this system right now. .
They cannot offer me a lot,
and I also feel kind of stuck. .
. .
Who knows.. .but one thing is for sure. .
Ricoh ís not company dedicated only to cameras,
sad thing is , even Sony and Panasonic, who manufactured audio systems, now has most advanced cameras. ..
. .
Message to Ricoh. .
Do the right thing, or sold Pentax to someone who would know
12-26-2017, 02:57 PM   #79
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
With respect to the OP, whether-or-not we think the rumour has any basis - and, personally, I don't - he and our other members are quite free to discuss it. These forums are a social meeting place, and so long as discussions are friendly and respectful, there's no harm done. After all, we don't have to take part in them if we don't want to
The issue is you guys don't moderate the obvious fake from the actual rumor. So anyone can cobble together a fake news story then wait for the bait to be bitten hook line and s(t)inker.. until it is carried all the way back here to home base. Then we end up 'discussing' it for months upon months.

So it never goes away.. when we both know there was no merit to the discussion in the first place.. just a fake news story from a fake news site that someone is cashing in on with ad revenue through discussion on legitimate sites like PF. If anything by letting them ride you give weight to them and sites that exist only to cash in on stories..

You, as a mod, don't give yourself enough credit in the life of these stories..

12-26-2017, 03:00 PM   #80
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think the big thing this story brings is a date. Most folks felt pretty confident that a K3 II sequel was coming some time next year. The question is when and what features Ricoh would decide to put into such a camera. Clearly as compared to the K-P it will be a bigger body, still with three control wheels, but with faster frame rate and deeper buffer. More than that is hard to say.

The problem with a date of fall of 2018 is that there is no guarantee that it wouldn't be pushed back some more if Ricoh decided it was necessary to get things just right. That wouldn't make the story false, but we have seen it happen plenty of times where a planned launch was delayed more than folks thought it would. Till there is an official announcement from Ricoh I wouldn't trust any dates as they feel quite uncertain.
We've already had fake dates.. remember 6-7 months after KP? Summer 2017? Came and gone like a toot in the breeze. No one who knows is letting actual news leak... and especially to a joke of a website as that camera news blog.

We also had sad fellows here once those fake dates passed with no camera.. how many times do we have to play this sad game?

It is a fake news story and you know it. stop trying to legitimize fakeness. That is what that site does.. conjures up fake rumors to get clicks from desperate people looking for an inside edge.

Last edited by mee; 12-26-2017 at 03:06 PM.
12-26-2017, 03:09 PM - 4 Likes   #81
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
The issue is you guys don't moderate the obvious fake from the actual rumor. So anyone can cobble together a fake news story then wait for the bait to be bitten hook line and s(t)inker.. until it is carried all the way back here to home base. Then we end up 'discussing' it for months upon months.

So it never goes away.. when we both know there was no merit to the discussion in the first place.. just a fake news story from a fake news site that someone is cashing in on with ad revenue through discussion on legitimate sites like PF. If anything by letting them ride you give weight to them and sites that exist only to cash in on stories..

You, as a mod, don't give yourself enough credit in the life of these stories..
Thanks for the vote of support.

As moderators, we have no say over what gets discussed. We're mandated to ensure posts and general behaviour stay within the boundaries of our forum rules and marketplace rules, for the benefit of our members... such as yourself. If we did anything more than that, we'd be stepping out of line.

If you think the rules should be changed, please take that up with @Adam, our site owner. And if you don't like discussing topics you think are fake or irrelevant for months and months, I respectfully suggest you simply don't join the threads in question

Oh, and please contact @Adam or the mods directly if you have any issues with the way we're handling things... No need to discuss it publicly here on the forums.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-26-2017 at 03:25 PM.
12-26-2017, 03:22 PM - 1 Like   #82
Pentaxian

There will never be a K-3 III The new top aps-c camera will have a new name and it will be significantly different from the K-3 and K-3 II.

12-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
There will never be a K-3 III The new top aps-c camera will have a new name and it will be significantly different from the K-3 and K-3 II.
Really, in which way? Dont get me wrong change can be a good thing.
12-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think the big thing this story brings is a date.
But that's the thing, it doesn't bring a date - they don't know anything, they've just made it up.
12-26-2017, 03:35 PM - 2 Likes   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With respect to the OP, whether-or-not we think the rumour has any basis - and, personally, I don't - he and our other members are quite free to discuss it. These forums are a social meeting place, and so long as discussions are friendly and respectful, there's no harm done. After all, we don't have to take part in them if we don't want to
Mike, personally I don't have an opinion one way or the other about the "rumor". if you go back and read my initial post in this thread it was in response to a person who habitually is posting negative comments regarding what ever speculation there is about Pentax like he has inside information about the viability of Pentax as a company. His negativity gets a bit tiring at times. As far as what Pentax is going to do I have no idea, that's why I mostly read the threads but when someone posts as if he was an authority on the subject, which he clearly isn't then that's when I feel compelled to respond.

Thanks

Larry
12-26-2017, 03:40 PM - 2 Likes   #86

QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
Maybe K32?
Or K-9, in short.

12-26-2017, 03:42 PM   #87
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Mike, personally I don't have an opinion one way or the other about the "rumor". if you go back and read my initial post in this thread it was in response to a person who habitually is posting negative comments regarding what ever speculation there is about Pentax like he has inside information about the viability of Pentax as a company. His negativity gets a bit tiring at times. As far as what Pentax is going to do I have no idea, that's why I mostly read the threads but when someone posts as if he was an authority on the subject, which he clearly isn't then that's when I feel compelled to respond.
No worries, Larry - I had no problem with your post specifically, which simply stated that this is a rumour (whether-or-not it has merit, is another thing)
12-26-2017, 03:43 PM   #88
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerebron Quote
Or K-9, in short.
That's the best choice, I think.

Is that a focus-assist light I see in the middle of the dog's forehead?

EDIT: Hmmm, looks like it has wi-fi too

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-26-2017 at 03:51 PM.
12-26-2017, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is that a focus-assist light I see in the middle of the dog's forehead?
Based on the color, I think that's the IR sensor for remote control. I believe the AF assist light is down on the collar.

12-26-2017, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Really, in which way? Dont get me wrong change can be a good thing.
Looks more like a K-1, has articulating screen, has faster AF-tracking because of new AF chip with more points and hopefully a dedicated AF processor. 4K video (just because the Prime V (so a new processor) will have the option). Faster shooting. IQ will probably the same as the KP which is already very good.
Closed Thread