QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Prepare to be dissapointed 😆😂
Tough crowd...

12-26-2017, 04:58 PM - 1 Like   #92
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Electric Eye Quote
Tough crowd...
It is true though.. this far out with no actual facts you people will talk it up into a legend that can't be met by the time Ricoh offer a product.

Then all the belly aching will happen after it is released over it not meeting the legendary status discussed for much of the year. Even the K-1 wasn't a class leading camera body... it just took an older but proven sensor and added processing and features on to it. One of its biggest sells wasn't even the camera hardware but the rear LCD panel, top control knob, and LED lighting around the body.

So far I've seen 'exceed D500', at D500, and D500 lite. A lot of D500-esque desires. I guess if you're going to dream.. dream big. But I don't think it realistic to expect Ricoh to suddenly offer a 153 point AF system with group and 3d tracking algorithms. Nikon, who already had a leg up on the AF system, spent years developing that system for a 6000 dollar, top of the line FF body. It only trickled down to the D500 later in the form of a 2000 dollar sports crop body.

If anyone wants D500 performance go buy a D500 and let Pentax be Pentax. But you're setting yourself up for gloom if you really expect Ricoh to offer such a product this year at any price.
12-26-2017, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerebron Quote
Or K-9, in short.

Thumbs up to the two most valid points on this non topic

K-3PO and K-9

12-26-2017, 05:24 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Even the K-1 wasn't a class leading camera body...
The K-1 was undoubtedly the leading camera body in its class - Entry Level FF. It clearly punches above its weight, and was arguably the best "enthusiast" FF DSLR (depending on your shooting needs) when it hit the market.

12-26-2017, 05:31 PM - 4 Likes   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
I don't care for camera like K-3 is, anymore.
It's heavy, and it's a DSLR . .which is ancient technology these days.. .
. .
I like KP size, and flash unit, like in original K-3, and that's the spot, where I would like to stop. .
. .
I would love to see Pentax advanced 'dslr like' mirrorless in future,
but this company is slow, even in true dslr field.
. .
Ricoh have a long history of discontuited many lines and types of cameras,
and I feel,
like they really don't know what they want, and what they do. .
. .
I would love to escape from this system right now. .
They cannot offer me a lot,
and I also feel kind of stuck. .
. .
Who knows.. .but one thing is for sure. .
Ricoh ís not company dedicated only to cameras,
sad thing is , even Sony and Panasonic, who manufactured audio systems, now has most advanced cameras. ..
. .
Message to Ricoh. .
Do the right thing, or sold Pentax to someone who would know
Sounds like you need to move on from Pentax, bubba.
12-26-2017, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #96
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AstroDave Quote
Originally posted by bschriver11
K-3 iii ? Did they run out of numbers? It just screams nothing new here when you can't even come up with a name.
Where can you go from K-1 ?!?! Canikony have been counting up with new models - smart move?
I don't mind. Canon does it, they're up to the 5dmkiv. Nikon doesn't, but they've got a large enough number to modify, d800 d810 d850. It hard to modify K-3!
I think keeping the number just makes it clear exactly where the camera stands in the lineup. K-1, K-3, Kp, K-70. Looks good to me.
12-26-2017, 05:37 PM   #97
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
The K-1 was undoubtedly the leading camera body in its class - Entry Level FF. It clearly punches above its weight, and was arguably the best "enthusiast" FF DSLR (depending on your shooting needs) when it hit the market.
'Arguably' is the key word there. Please show us all where is it marketed by Ricoh as an entry level FF.

That is the tedium in these kind of arguments.. people will bend, mold, and stretch the product into whatever form it needs to be to 'prove' their claim.

The K-1 is a K-1 and was only mentioned in passing. This thread is about the fantasy K-3 II successor.

12-26-2017, 05:52 PM   #98
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Redicolus wildshot. They could hit - or miss. Most likely the latter. If its released sooner, this wildshot will be forgotten. If released later, they will make another wild guess. If they hit, it will be by pure luck, and they will announce they are proven omnipotent geniuses.
12-26-2017, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
'Arguably' is the key word there. Please show us all where is it marketed by Ricoh as an entry level FF.

That is the tedium in these kind of arguments.. people will bend, mold, and stretch the product into whatever form it needs to be to 'prove' their claim.

The K-1 is a K-1 and was only mentioned in passing. This thread is about the fantasy K-3 II successor.
Folks at Ricoh aren't idiots. I know you ended up with a D750, but the K-1 really is a D810 lite for a thousand less. Assuming a price that is between the the K-P and the K-1, you would need specs that are at least 80 to 85 percent of the D500. Maybe not as many auto focus points, but certainly 9 or 10 frames per second, 4K video and decent tracking auto focus. Even with that, it probably won't sell great because it has Pentax's name on it, but at least it will hit a niche.

Be that as it may, you have gotten increasingly negative. I understand that Pentax gear doesn't fit your shooting style any more, but that doesn't mean it is trash either or that there aren't new cameras to be released in the future.
12-26-2017, 07:46 PM - 1 Like   #100
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
This is going to be a MASSIVE thread by the time September comes.
The way it's going it may not see out the week
12-26-2017, 07:57 PM - 1 Like   #101
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
That's the best choice, I think.

Is that a focus-assist light I see in the middle of the dog's forehead?

EDIT: Hmmm, looks like it has wi-fi too
Not wi-fi, it's woo-fi.

P.S. Great avatar: K-3 on a leaning pedestal?
12-26-2017, 08:07 PM   #102
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Not wi-fi, it's woo-fi.
I thought it was Whiff-eeee
12-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #103
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Folks at Ricoh aren't idiots. I know you ended up with a D750, but the K-1 really is a D810 lite for a thousand less. Assuming a price that is between the the K-P and the K-1, you would need specs that are at least 80 to 85 percent of the D500. Maybe not as many auto focus points, but certainly 9 or 10 frames per second, 4K video and decent tracking auto focus. Even with that, it probably won't sell great because it has Pentax's name on it, but at least it will hit a niche.

Be that as it may, you have gotten increasingly negative. I understand that Pentax gear doesn't fit your shooting style any more, but that doesn't mean it is trash either or that there aren't new cameras to be released in the future.
Neither were the folks at Kodak idiots. The point being corporate bigwigs are human and thus capable of making mistakes and misjudgements on the market.

Yet I'm not being negative at all. I'm being realistic. And if you'd remove the rose tinted goggles you'd see it too. We both know Ricoh isn't going to offer a camera comparable to the D500. If anything with the K-1 and the K-P they've shown a complete opposite movement more towards premium IQ at the sake of pure shooting performance.

I am also shooting Pentax, a mistake several of you have made. Just because I sold one Pentax camera doesn't mean I don't own others. I own many cameras.. the Nikon just the most recent addition. It opened my eyes just to how far behind Ricoh is to offering something comparable... and I think with their own product movements they know it too. It costs a lot to offer something comparable so why bother? Instead ramp up IQ and premium IQ lenses. And such is where Pentax is headed; I think that is their niche.

Show me where I have ever said Pentax products are trash. Go ahead, Rondec. I'm waiting. IF anything I've said the K-1 is a fine camera and the IQ out of it is nothing short of stellar (my words). Hardly trash.

Nor have I claimed or even insinuated there won't be more Pentax cameras in the future. Only that I don't see them offering a D500 class camera. I'm saying we should be more sensible in our discussions. That is my call.

It is odd to think RI is going to suddenly drop a D500 comparable crop body after all the movement to the other direction. If it makes me 'negative' to think this then so be it.
12-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #104
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The way it's going it may not see out the week
I give it two weeks.. three maybe.

That said, I still don't see any actual news or rumors in this thread. It is the same rehashed discussions we've had for the past year to year and a half.
12-26-2017, 08:46 PM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerebron Quote
Or K-9, in short
I realized that after I posted,
They couldn't call it a K-9, the auto-focus would be accused of "hunting" too much
Closed Thread