Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Inactive Account

My Local Dealer Talked To Penatx Rep A Few Days Ago...

Went into my local camera shop in Wales today,which is also a Pentax Pro Dealer. The owner told me about a chat he had with his Pentax rep here in the UK,He said Pentax are definitely going to expand its Lens Range, a few primes are to be introduced soon, also the long-waited DA* 60-250 f4 seems ready to see the light of day! What's more,Pentax are also bringing out some teleconverters before long!

This is the same guy who told me about a certain Nikon D90 with 12mp 6 WEEKS AGO!!!

On a side note, If you must know,Nikon D3X (or whatever its called) with 24mp(more or less) is on the horizon too...

Sigma hsm 70-200 f2.8 for Pentax should be ready to ship by the end of sep, and I was told Sigma will also do a free 2xTeleconverter with it. Well, at least thats what I am getting from my local shop!

08-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes. We will see new primes. Not only DA*30 and DA15 limited.
08-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Aright, I dont want to admit it, but I'm curious about any news about a new pentax body.

...Just curious. I am a FIRST year business owner (read: broke) so I still own the K10D....
08-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Yes. We will see new primes. Not only DA*30 and DA15 limited.
You are spot on!!! Exactly what i heard!!!

As for a new body, why the hurry?? My view is that to let Nikon and Canon play their hands,fight against each other for a while, then Pentax come out with a 'MONSTER'!!! Put them both out of business in a flash!!! Haha...

Joking aside, Pentax will (should)continue to play to its own strength, and thats quality,affordability,not quantity,such as five or six lines of dslrs. Pentax doesn't necessarily need to have a very large share of the market to be profitable,because Pentax doesn't hand out millions of dollars worth of cameras and lenses each year to 'Pros' to do football,tennis,basketball,golf,oscars...

BTW,do you think Samsung can't make a Full Frame 'K-Movie' sensor now if they really really want to ? But will it make economical sense? Will it be a sound investment considering certain brands' domination at the moment? If ever K mount builds up to a certain level in terms of prestige and market share, be it Pentax,be it Samsung,be it Hoya, we will see a sucker punch from a K-mount Dslr!!!

So,get your brothers,your sisters,your mothers,your fathers,your children,your cousins,your friends,in fact,ask all the people you know to buy a Pentax or Samsung now,we might just get there much sooner!

08-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you hear about DA(DFA)85/2?
08-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not interested in any lens that doesn't include an aperture ring.
08-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I'm interested in a new ff body too. Any word on that?

08-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Snapshot12 Quote
You are spot on!!! Exactly what i heard!!!

As for a new body, why the hurry?? My view is that to let Nikon and Canon play their hands,fight against each other for a while, then Pentax come out with a 'MONSTER'!!! Put them both out of business in a flash!!! Haha...

Joking aside, Pentax will (should)continue to play to its own strength, and thats quality,affordability,not quantity,such as five or six lines of dslrs. Pentax doesn't necessarily need to have a very large share of the market to be profitable,because Pentax doesn't hand out millions of dollars worth of cameras and lenses each year to 'Pros' to do football,tennis,basketball,golf,oscars...

BTW,do you think Samsung can't make a Full Frame 'K-Movie' sensor now if they really really want to ? But will it make economical sense? Will it be a sound investment considering certain brands' domination at the moment? If ever K mount builds up to a certain level in terms of prestige and market share, be it Pentax,be it Samsung,be it Hoya, we will see a sucker punch from a K-mount Dslr!!!

So,get your brothers,your sisters,your mothers,your fathers,your children,your cousins,your friends,in fact,ask all the people you know to buy a Pentax or Samsung now,we might just get there much sooner!

Movies, YES PLEASE. I might buy a D90 instead of the K20D for that.

Check it out, it's beautiful, no affordable DV camera comes close to this: D90 | D-MOVIE
08-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sweet - when does the GSM cell-phone version come out?
08-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
Veteran Member

My dealer talks about a new P-TTL ring flash. Has any of you heard about it?
08-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Not interested in any lens that doesn't include an aperture ring.
Word to that. Seems that Pentax is finally starting to leave legacy users in the dust...
08-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ricardobeat Quote
Movies, YES PLEASE. I might buy a D90 instead of the K20D for that.

Check it out, it's beautiful, no affordable DV camera comes close to this: D90 | D-MOVIE
Without any AF support? What's the point? (not wanting to be annoying, I'm really wondering...)
08-30-2008, 12:43 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Without any AF support? What's the point? (not wanting to be annoying, I'm really wondering...)
Manual focus... watch any major motion picture, it was done all manual focus.
08-30-2008, 02:14 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nixcamic Quote
Manual focus... watch any major motion picture, it was done all manual focus.
Sure, sure but I'm not Stanley Kubrick and most buyers of this camera won't be either. So I still think it has not much use. It still is a logical progress after Pentax 21fps capability.
08-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Sure, sure but I'm not Stanley Kubrick and most buyers of this camera won't be either. So I still think it has not much use. It still is a logical progress after Pentax 21fps capability.
I rather like the movie mode on the D90. Too bad it's supposed to take pictures instead.