Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 36
My Local Dealer Talked To Penatx Rep A Few Days Ago...

Went into my local camera shop in Wales today,which is also a Pentax Pro Dealer. The owner told me about a chat he had with his Pentax rep here in the UK,He said Pentax are definitely going to expand its Lens Range, a few primes are to be introduced soon, also the long-waited DA* 60-250 f4 seems ready to see the light of day! What's more,Pentax are also bringing out some teleconverters before long!

This is the same guy who told me about a certain Nikon D90 with 12mp 6 WEEKS AGO!!!

On a side note, If you must know,Nikon D3X (or whatever its called) with 24mp(more or less) is on the horizon too...

Sigma hsm 70-200 f2.8 for Pentax should be ready to ship by the end of sep, and I was told Sigma will also do a free 2xTeleconverter with it. Well, at least thats what I am getting from my local shop!

08-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
ogl
Banned




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
Yes. We will see new primes. Not only DA*30 and DA15 limited.
08-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member
MJB DIGITAL's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: st. louis
Posts: 1,173
Aright, I dont want to admit it, but I'm curious about any news about a new pentax body.

...Just curious. I am a FIRST year business owner (read: broke) so I still own the K10D....
08-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
Junior Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 36
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Yes. We will see new primes. Not only DA*30 and DA15 limited.
You are spot on!!! Exactly what i heard!!!


As for a new body, why the hurry?? My view is that to let Nikon and Canon play their hands,fight against each other for a while, then Pentax come out with a 'MONSTER'!!! Put them both out of business in a flash!!! Haha...

Joking aside, Pentax will (should)continue to play to its own strength, and thats quality,affordability,not quantity,such as five or six lines of dslrs. Pentax doesn't necessarily need to have a very large share of the market to be profitable,because Pentax doesn't hand out millions of dollars worth of cameras and lenses each year to 'Pros' to do football,tennis,basketball,golf,oscars...

BTW,do you think Samsung can't make a Full Frame 'K-Movie' sensor now if they really really want to ? But will it make economical sense? Will it be a sound investment considering certain brands' domination at the moment? If ever K mount builds up to a certain level in terms of prestige and market share, be it Pentax,be it Samsung,be it Hoya, we will see a sucker punch from a K-mount Dslr!!!

So,get your brothers,your sisters,your mothers,your fathers,your children,your cousins,your friends,in fact,ask all the people you know to buy a Pentax or Samsung now,we might just get there much sooner!

08-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
ogl
Banned




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
Did you hear about DA(DFA)85/2?
08-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Mike Cash's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,952
Not interested in any lens that doesn't include an aperture ring.
08-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 376
I'm interested in a new ff body too. Any word on that?
08-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 377
QuoteOriginally posted by Snapshot12 Quote
You are spot on!!! Exactly what i heard!!!


As for a new body, why the hurry?? My view is that to let Nikon and Canon play their hands,fight against each other for a while, then Pentax come out with a 'MONSTER'!!! Put them both out of business in a flash!!! Haha...

Joking aside, Pentax will (should)continue to play to its own strength, and thats quality,affordability,not quantity,such as five or six lines of dslrs. Pentax doesn't necessarily need to have a very large share of the market to be profitable,because Pentax doesn't hand out millions of dollars worth of cameras and lenses each year to 'Pros' to do football,tennis,basketball,golf,oscars...

BTW,do you think Samsung can't make a Full Frame 'K-Movie' sensor now if they really really want to ? But will it make economical sense? Will it be a sound investment considering certain brands' domination at the moment? If ever K mount builds up to a certain level in terms of prestige and market share, be it Pentax,be it Samsung,be it Hoya, we will see a sucker punch from a K-mount Dslr!!!

So,get your brothers,your sisters,your mothers,your fathers,your children,your cousins,your friends,in fact,ask all the people you know to buy a Pentax or Samsung now,we might just get there much sooner!

Movies, YES PLEASE. I might buy a D90 instead of the K20D for that.

Check it out, it's beautiful, no affordable DV camera comes close to this: D90 | D-MOVIE

08-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Buffalo/Rochester, NY
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,133
Sweet - when does the GSM cell-phone version come out?
08-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
Veteran Member
eurostar's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Albareto, Italy
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 813
My dealer talks about a new P-TTL ring flash. Has any of you heard about it?
08-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #11
Pentaxian
ryan s's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,370
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Not interested in any lens that doesn't include an aperture ring.
Word to that. Seems that Pentax is finally starting to leave legacy users in the dust...
08-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #12
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
QuoteOriginally posted by ricardobeat Quote
Movies, YES PLEASE. I might buy a D90 instead of the K20D for that.

Check it out, it's beautiful, no affordable DV camera comes close to this: D90 | D-MOVIE
Without any AF support? What's the point? (not wanting to be annoying, I'm really wondering...)
08-30-2008, 12:43 AM   #13
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Guatemala
Posts: 338
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Without any AF support? What's the point? (not wanting to be annoying, I'm really wondering...)
Manual focus... watch any major motion picture, it was done all manual focus.
08-30-2008, 02:14 AM   #14
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
QuoteOriginally posted by nixcamic Quote
Manual focus... watch any major motion picture, it was done all manual focus.
Sure, sure but I'm not Stanley Kubrick and most buyers of this camera won't be either. So I still think it has not much use. It still is a logical progress after Pentax 21fps capability.
08-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #15
Veteran Member
ftpaddict's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yurp
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,669
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Sure, sure but I'm not Stanley Kubrick and most buyers of this camera won't be either. So I still think it has not much use. It still is a logical progress after Pentax 21fps capability.
I rather like the movie mode on the D90. Too bad it's supposed to take pictures instead.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dealer, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, rep, sigma
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
talked my friend into a K-x BethC Pentax DSLR Discussion 9 10-01-2010 06:00 PM
Is the 60-250mm/4 the LEAST talked about lens? HGMonaro Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 34 01-21-2010 08:42 PM
Istanbul few days ago Piotr Post Your Photos! 7 05-12-2007 08:26 PM
Petra in Jordan - two days ago Piotr Post Your Photos! 12 04-19-2007 09:16 AM
talked with my local dealer regken Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 12-20-2006 08:25 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:24 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top