Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2018, 10:56 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The real problem for Ricoh owners is to stop the hapless incompetence that is Pentax spreading to their brand - there needs to be some form of quarantine before the Pentax infection brings down the whole of Ricoh - it's already threatening the company who have forgotten everything they ever knew about building a large and successful corporation...

01-07-2018, 10:57 AM - 1 Like   #77
Pentaxian

Did I see you on DPR's Ricoh Talk Forum?
01-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kunzite Quote
did i see you on dpr's ricoh talk forum?
:d :d :d :d

sorry - smilies not working for me - I did use capital D - must be the Pentax infection in Pentax Forums
01-07-2018, 11:06 PM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
IMO those teams have been integrated a long time ago.
There was that interview years ago in which the rep said it took more time than they thought to integrate both teams. IMO it's long done.

There may be a separate team for Theta though. But one team doing only GR (Ricoh team) and one team doing WG (relabelled Ricoh) and DSLRs (Pentax team) is complete fantasy to me.

01-08-2018, 03:29 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh Way

I believe this summarizes what ever their decision is...

The RICOH Way | Global | Ricoh

The RICOH Way is our essential guide to each daily activity and management decision.
Founding Principles

Kiyoshi Ichimura formulated the Ricoh Group’s Founding Principles in 1946. They inform how we do business, encouraging us to constantly improve and contribute to the wellbeing of all stakeholders, including our families, customers, and society at large.
Attached Images

01-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #81
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's funny that 200% fake based on pure fantasies and speculations became the rumor.

By the way, the curved sensor is made for telescopes
http://www.tomshardware.fr/articles/capteur-appareil-photo-recherche,1-64733.html
01-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #82
ogl
Pentaxian

APS-C GR is 117*63*35 mm with 18/2.8 APS-C lens, but FF GR-E is just 5*1.7*4.8 mm bigger with FAST 28 mm FF lens.

Is it funny? It's nonsense
01-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's funny that 200% fake based on pure fantasies and speculations became the rumor.

By the way, the curved sensor is made for telescopes
Nouveau capteur photo courbé pour téléscope, le futur des appareils photo arrive
"200% faked based on pure fantasies" is that anything anyone of us should have understood ??

01-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #84
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
"200% faked based on pure fantasies" is that anything anyone of us should have understood ??
It's two different messages.

It's conclusion.
(Ricoh) GR-E with curved sensor is 200% FAKE.

it's joke.
If Ricoh will buy prototype of curved 24*32 mm sensor for telescope, they could produce one new GR-telescope edition camera.
01-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
IMO those teams have been integrated a long time ago.
There was that interview years ago in which the rep said it took more time than they thought to integrate both teams. IMO it's long done.

There may be a separate team for Theta though. But one team doing only GR (Ricoh team) and one team doing WG (relabelled Ricoh) and DSLRs (Pentax team) is complete fantasy to me.
IIRC, James Malcolm was brought over from Sony to blend the two teams together. His next assignment was EVP of (what has become) Ricoh Imaging NA, a division of Ricoh Imaging. In an interview at the time with, IIRC, Imaging Resource, Malcolm stated blending the two philosophies, technologies, processes and people was very challenging. He described them as nearly 180o apart; it took much longer than expected.

During Malcolm’s tenure, RI introduced MAP pricing, championed the K500 (for Target) and developed the K-S1 (he was convinced it would sell like hotcakes), extended the use of contracted service providers in place of in-house staff, chased a distribution contract with Target for years, had a stormy relationship with independent B&M stores (briefly canceling the Dealer Agreement with Creve Coeur Camera during the K-1 rollout), lost the entire executive team in Denver twice, botched several product rollouts, including K-1, endured at least two Brand Store Sales errors - and those are just the things I’ve heard.

I wonder in all this where lie the causes and where lie the effects.
01-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #86
Pentaxian

A big fat failure as I understand it.

If his comments are as I'll fated as his acts, then the teams have been indeed integrated long ago.