Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 63 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Without video tech? I highly doubt they use a sensor without live view. It's not much else needed to be able to record video. As video is a standard feature on sensors today it would be more expensive to make a custom sensor without video, at least in the small volume that Ricoh would order.
Nope. Maumybe cam without video but EVF means live view.

01-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Without video tech? I highly doubt they use a sensor without live view. It's not much else needed to be able to record video. As video is a standard feature on sensors today it would be more expensive to make a custom sensor without video, at least in the small volume that Ricoh would order.
Nope. Maybe cam without video but EVF means live view.
01-03-2018, 08:23 AM - 4 Likes   #33
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think that a lot of users are waiting for FF GR for 1800 USD.....
I would prefer WR APS-C GR with 24 MP for 800 USD
01-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Yes. But there are basically three ways Sony does this:
- For Sony, meaning others have to wait two years to get the sensor
- Off the shelf, which is from the list you described
- Custom order, which means the sensor is made to the customer's desired specification, and that is what I'm suggesting might be happening here. If this is what Ricoh has done, it would not appear on any public list and Ricoh would know the spec from the beginning.

This DPR article has an explanation from Sony themselves about how it works if you scroll down to the section "Vision over profit".
Sony: 'Our company has a vision which is more important than profit alone': Digital Photography Review

I'm just saying it's not impossible.
That DPR article was very interesting read and got more respect of Sony as a company after reading it. It also tell the same thing I have been suggesting. Sony DI get earler access to specification on upcoming sensor tech so they get a head start on developing new cameras.

QuoteQuote:
Two to three years ago, how would it have been possible to predict sensor readout speeds that offer autofocus calculations at 60 fps and a fully electronic shutter that is only a stop behind the speed of mechanical shutters? The answer lies in the constant communication between Sony Semiconductor Solutions and Sony DI. And since Sony’s sensor foundry is one of the best in world, providing sensors for everything from cameras and smartphones to security and medical devices, this in-house knowledge and communication is a key advantage.

01-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #35
ogl
Banned

The rumour is based on guesses from PF....Funny
01-03-2018, 09:19 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The rumour is based on guesses from PF....Funny
And there we go! PF --> DPR --> Pentax Rumours --> PF
Now we just need --> ??? --> Profit!
01-03-2018, 09:30 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What ogl said

01-03-2018, 09:45 AM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

The original rumour (the deleted thread at DPR that you can still find in Google cache) is from the very same guy who wrote in October last year he was told that the Ricoh GRZ with a zoom lens would replace the GR II:
QuoteOriginally posted by MattTemple:
A friend in Japan sent me a 2016 rumor for a GRII replacement. The GRZ was labeled as a more "tamokutekina" (versatile) camera and more of a modern GX100/200 camera. It mentions a smaller body with a 20 megapixel sensor with a 24-60mm f1.7-2.8 lens, image stabilization, b&w film emulation with grain control, snap focus, dual auto-focus system. There is some other information which I haven't translated yet. This is an apparent GR replacement and not an additional camera.
Source: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nYOJfQkRE4AJ:https://w...thread/4211974

Pathetic...
01-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #39
Veteran Member

The Ricoh Booth at PhotoPlusNY in 2015 had a rep from Japan I had a chance to speak too. I asked him questions about the future of the GR. I brought up the Sony curved sensor as by that time there had been articles written on it. He was surprised to hear Sony had demoed such a sensor. He also seemed very interested in the idea. This was all through a slight translation gap. I speak no Japanese. His english was enough to convey some firmware updates needed for the GRII.

Maybe the full framed curved sensor will be in the Pentax 40mm ƒ2 WR fixed lens compact I suggested to him. :^)

---------- Post added 01-03-18 at 11:53 AM ----------

This idea fits better into my budget. I think the Samsung 28mp BSI CMOS would be a good candidate for the GRIII.
01-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would like both options.
01-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A FF fixed lens camera would be pretty amazing for travel. That said, I won't hold my breath... I'd probably buy a new APS-C GR, but a FF GR is a bit rich for my budget.
01-03-2018, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian

Fake news

...heres some more
Attached Images

01-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #43
Pentaxian

Another view

Attached Images

01-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Surfer the LX-D ought to have interchangeable viewfinders like the original. Then we can have the option of both a glass pentaprism optical viewfinder for still photography and an OLED high res tilt EVF with GPS for video and astrophotophy.
01-03-2018, 02:32 PM - 2 Likes   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
...heres some more
These drawings aren't fake news, they were made by Adam B. and posted on Pentax Forums in October 2010, more than seven years ago :

Pentax mirrorless/Evil system rumors!? - PentaxForums.com

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam B. Quote
Hello Pentaxians,

is there any rumors about mirrorless Pentax Camera? I read all the time K7Sup. K5, K300 and all the dreams but nothing about mirrorless system camera. It looks like Pentax is ignoring this market completely. Or I miss all interviews, where Evil was mentioned.

Is there any rumors about Pentax mirrorless system camera?

I thought I could also post my product design drawings of mirrorless Pentax camera, which I already posted in DFN Forums in January this year.

Nothing special to it, APS-C Evil camera. Waiting for some years for such a camera I thought I could draw one, by using existing elements, buttons, etc.

It is sad about Pentax not making a step in this Market
Regards