Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2018, 07:48 AM   #301
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
Hi guys, reading with a bit of interest about a new K1 ii, frankly pretty stupid, what about lenses, you can have the greatest camera body known to man but with out a lens nothing, I would like to see the FISHEYE zoom, 85mm, and a 135mm , before another body, wishful thinking, no point an automatic camera as K1 with manual focus lenses, WAKE UP Pentax

Judging from Kenspo's most recent post, the 50mm f/1.4 will be out and the 85mm f/1.4 will be close to release by the time the K-1 replacement comes out. I'm sure there will be more lenses in the pipeline by then. Those lenses are designed to be future-proof as far as possible, which means they will shine even more on a higher Mp camera - 42, if Pentax stick with Sony. That, together with the other modern zooms, will cover the bases for most photography other than sport/wildlife and architecture etc. A Fish-eye zoom is exotic and probably not a high priority for most photographers - besides which, lens development and camera development are not using the same workforce and if they are competing then it's for cash, and Waking up won't help that

01-29-2018, 07:52 AM   #302

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Looks like it can be more in this then what I first got told, but nothing imminent
Did you advise them to build a DFA 24-90(or 105) f/4 WR PLM?
01-29-2018, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #303
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
What is certain is that no new Pentax or Ricoh camera has been registered by the radiocommunications authorities yet.
Why then tease us with the ‘K-1 Super’ Post In the K-3x thread?

Given demotion of Ricoh in the Brand (Pentax by Ricoh Imaging), lack of any credible news on APSc replacement flagship, Ricoh’s general corporate health, etc. - I grow less comfortable with each passing day.

Acquisition Capital is in China.
01-29-2018, 08:01 AM   #304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Did you advise them to build a DFA 24-90(or 105) f/4 WR PLM?
They are aware of most requests on here, but what they choose to do, I have no idea

01-29-2018, 08:04 AM - 1 Like   #305
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The D-FA*35 is probably the next lens after the 85, I believe. This is ignoring any other APS-C only lenses that might come along.

Ricoh Imaging's Facebook account announced an "outlet sale" on the K-3 II and K-S2 in the last 24 hours. I can see clearing out K-S2's as they're pretty depriciated by the K-70 and KP. Not sure if this means anything regarding K-3 II and a replacement or not. Just another data point really.
01-29-2018, 08:17 AM   #306
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
Hi guys, reading with a bit of interest about a new K1 ii, frankly pretty stupid, what about lenses, you can have the greatest camera body known to man but with out a lens nothing, I would like to see the FISHEYE zoom, 85mm, and a 135mm , before another body, wishful thinking, no point an automatic camera as K1 with manual focus lenses, WAKE UP Pentax
These are not either or things. Pentax is planning to release 50, 85, 35, fish eye zoom, 70-300 variable aperture zoom over the next couple of years -- 50 and 85 seem likely for this year.

Moving forward on camera bodies does not hold up lens development and could, in fact, speed it up if there is more generation of revenue from increased sales of a new camera along with positive press from a new camera. It sure feels like some of the lenses in your list will come out this year, although 135mm prime is unlikely (it isn't on the lens road map) and you're better off finding a used copy of the FA 135mm f2.8 if you really need that particular prime.
01-29-2018, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #307
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I did post an entire 23 shot burst once to demonstrate. With Pixel Shift you get fewer of better pictures you would get anyway. With first, you get a selection of images and the one you select may be one you wouldn't have at all with a lower burst speed. That being said, in the Nikon D4 Sony A( comparison, shooting side by side the Sony guy didn't get even one image the D4 didn't get despite the faster burst on the A9 because of the higher A9 FPS. At some point, faster FPS clearly becomes redundant. I think I may miss a few at 8 FPS, 10 would be a nice improvement, along with at least a 10 second burst.
I know that you are one user of high FPS and that is fine. Only when I look around to see the majority of good looking photos out there, 99 out of 100 would have no issue with 1 FPS, let alone profit from 10 vs. 4,5 FPS. It's a niche thing.
01-29-2018, 08:48 AM   #308

It might be true that high fps/big buffer is not used that often, and therefore might in practice not be all that important for most users. However, I think that when people decide on a camera, especially if its between brands with all the investments of glass that come with it, they do not always follow the logic in that way. They will be thinking along the lines of: suppose I need high speed for a certain event, than with the K-1 I might have a problem, whereas with camera X I'd be fine. Similar for video. So even knowing that the K-1 might have better build quality and extremely good IQ, they might still hesitate to jump to Pentax if they think it will lead to them not being able to do a certain type of shooting well enough. They might be tempted to go with a safer option, which might be more expensive and have lower IQ, but of which they are more sure it can do everything.

01-29-2018, 09:29 AM - 2 Likes   #309
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Why then tease us with the ‘K-1 Super’ Post In the K-3x thread?

Given demotion of Ricoh in the Brand (Pentax by Ricoh Imaging), lack of any credible news on APSc replacement flagship, Ricoh’s general corporate health, etc. - I grow less comfortable with each passing day.

Acquisition Capital is in China.
There is no contradiction between rumours concerning a K-1 II / Super (which I first heard of some three weeks ago) and no new Pentax camera registered by the radiocommunications authorities yet:
  1. The filing of the Pentax KP registration by Postel took place on January 11th, 2017, the first pictures, then specifications were published on the 24th and the camera was announced on the 25th.
  2. May be the K-1 II hardware is close enough to that of the current camera to not need a new registration (however, it's unlikely).
01-29-2018, 10:24 AM   #310
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It'll be interesting to see how the eventual 70-300 zoom will perform. Might be a nice option for APS-C shooters as well...
01-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #311
Pentaxian

Oh, great! I've just thought it would be nice to have, as a carry around alternative to the 150-450... as if my "I want to buy" list wasn't long enough!
01-29-2018, 11:15 AM   #312

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
The D-FA*35 is probably the next lens after the 85, I believe. This is ignoring any other APS-C only lenses that might come along.

Ricoh Imaging's Facebook account announced an "outlet sale" on the K-3 II and K-S2 in the last 24 hours. I can see clearing out K-S2's as they're pretty depriciated by the K-70 and KP. Not sure if this means anything regarding K-3 II and a replacement or not. Just another data point really.
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Which Ricoh Imaging page are you referring to? Could you post a link? Thanks
01-29-2018, 11:32 AM   #313
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
These are not either or things. Pentax is planning to release 50, 85, 35, fish eye zoom, 70-300 variable aperture zoom over the next couple of years -- 50 and 85 seem likely for this year.

Moving forward on camera bodies does not hold up lens development and could, in fact, speed it up if there is more generation of revenue from increased sales of a new camera along with positive press from a new camera. It sure feels like some of the lenses in your list will come out this year, although 135mm prime is unlikely (it isn't on the lens road map) and you're better off finding a used copy of the FA 135mm f2.8 if you really need that particular prime.
Don’t Forget the ultrawide angle lens! A smallish 18-20mm lens with filter thread would be a pretty good pairing with the 28-105.
01-29-2018, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #314
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ShaunW Quote
Which Ricoh Imaging page are you referring to? Could you post a link? Thanks
I will try to do so this evening when I'm not so phone-bound.
01-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #315
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Oh, great! I've just thought it would be nice to have, as a carry around alternative to the 150-450... as if my "I want to buy" list wasn't long enough!
As true Pentax Forum members, we should always be pining for the next lens, and not what we have available to us today. It is the way of things here.
Closed Thread