Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2018, 04:49 AM   #646

I prefer 645D Mark II or 67 Digital than K1-2. K1 is good enough now, we need more FF lens

02-10-2018, 04:51 AM   #647
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Good point. That must be it.

It does look quite like a K-70 around the mount and prism, but the top deck is different. There's a control to the right of the prism and the shutter button is different.
Looks more like a miniature K-3 to me. What is that red dot near the mount?
02-10-2018, 05:10 AM   #648
Pentaxian

Could as well be a FF GR in a DSLR like shell though that would not make a lot of sense with the lens release button.
Less than 18 days to go and you'll know.
02-10-2018, 05:24 AM   #649
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a little intrigued by the rationale for producing a teaser that you don't put on your website - unless Asahiman has taken up piracy

02-10-2018, 05:37 AM   #650
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I'm a little intrigued by the rationale for producing a teaser that you don't put on your website - unless Asahiman has taken up piracy
I sometimes wonder whether asahiman is an outsourced viral marketing contractor sitting is a cubby somewhere.

The ultimate irony would be if ‘somewhere’ is in Georgia now.
02-10-2018, 05:45 AM   #651
Resident fiddler
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Looks more like a miniature K-3 to me. What is that red dot near the mount?
...the usual lens insertion point guide? you should have one on each of your Pentax cameras.
02-10-2018, 05:50 AM   #652
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
...the usual lens insertion point guide? you should have one on each of your Pentax cameras.
But it is so big...
02-10-2018, 05:52 AM   #653
Resident fiddler
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
But it is so big...
Either it's jpeg compression artifact that make it look this way, or... the camera in really small!

...maybe it's a FF Q

02-10-2018, 05:54 AM   #654
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I remember people arguing about the markings on what turned out to be the Mode Dial cropped out of of the K-7 teaser image. So now we know it is a K-mount camera.

.:
02-10-2018, 05:56 AM   #655
Pentaxian

Provided it is genuine and not just a hoax based on the K-3, it is definitely an APS body. It has the bulge at the aperture attenuator not found on the K-1 (too big and fat). The prism seems APS sized and K-3 styled. It has the dial layout of the K-3 - not that of the K-70.
02-10-2018, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #656
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The plot thickens...
02-10-2018, 06:41 AM   #657
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
I'm ready to believe it when i see it
Feel free to check these images. Note the sharpness difference in the range of 1/30 to 1/200, images are sharp 1/8 to 1/25, and anything above 1/250. I believe others have provided their images too, you can search forum to find the big thread a lot of folks participated in.

Update your browser to use Google Drive - Google Drive Help
02-10-2018, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #658
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I sometimes wonder whether asahiman is an outsourced viral marketing contractor sitting is a cubby somewhere.

The ultimate irony would be if ‘somewhere’ is in Georgia now.
I thought Asahiman was based in Germany. Maybe Berlin? Certainly he has mastered the art of the cryptic, non-English speaker, English comment that can both encourage and disappoint simultaneously.

But these sorts of images are more like Rorschach Ink Blots where what people see says more about them than about the coming camera.

I'm waiting for someone to say they see a mirrorless full frame...
02-10-2018, 07:10 AM   #659

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Fujifilm's Electronic Imaging division of their Imaging Solutions segment, the division that is made of the Fujifilm X cameras (including the medium format GFX) and their lenses, was 2.4 times bigger than Ricoh's Smart Vision in 2016 and 4.6 times bigger in 2017.

Fujifilm's Imaging Solution segment also includes the Photo Imaging division: films, photosensitive papers, on-demand photo printing activities and, above all, the Instax ecosystem, the cash cow of the Imaging Solution segment. This division is 2.9 times bigger than their Imaging Solutions division and 13.5 times bigger than Ricoh's Smart Vision.

The 2017 9-month operating profit of the whole Fujifilm's Imaging Solution segment is 3.6 times bigger than the sales of Ricoh's Smart Vision.

Operating profit on Fujifilm's side, sales on Ricoh's side, the former being 3.6 times bigger than the latter: that gives quite a leverage to spend some sensible money on the development of cameras and lenses!
Not to mention that, with the Instax series, Fuji is earning a lot of money in a segment where it stands alone.
02-10-2018, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #660
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
That image doesn't look like a K-1, but it isn't quite like any other camera either. If it's full frame, it's tiny. Actually, it looks more like a K-70 than anything else.

Feb 18 would be a Sunday - unlikely. So what else could it mean?
I downloaded the photo and compared it with my K-3 sans lens and around the mirror box its very similar to the K-3. The raised area where the AF/MF switch is located on the K-3 is clearly seen. There are two "mode" dials similar to the KP also and the "bump" 3/4 the way up the grip side of the mirror box is similar to the K-3. So its not a K-3 and not a K-1 and certainly not a K-70 or a KP. What ever it is its not something that is out right now.

Larry
Closed Thread