Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2018, 10:23 AM   #91
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
To me a K1-II is great, it would provide justification to down price the K1 to maybe $1000-1500 to make it attractive
Do you seriously think a K-1 needs to be priced that low to be attractive??

01-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #92
Veteran Member

Please, please, please. The used K-1 mark 1 I'm waiting for beckons . . .
01-26-2018, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can see a lineup with the K1 positioned to compete against the D750/D810 segment and a new K1 replacement positioned to undercut the D850 for features and price point.

And given the need to support a serious case of GAS and LBA, it is very clear not to quit my day job any time soon!
01-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #94
Pentaxian

Mods- can we change the thread title to "K1 mark II rumored soon" or something like that?

01-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #95
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

Not happy,
Looking for a brandnew pentax q

A compact camera

A bridge camera

A mirrorless 35mm camera
01-26-2018, 11:09 AM   #96
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
Not happy,
Looking for a brandnew pentax q

A compact camera

A bridge camera

A mirrorless 35mm camera
Why not get s Sony?
01-26-2018, 11:10 AM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think Pentax wanted the to use the 42 mp sensor from Sony from the beginning but had to wait. I wonder if PS was a bargaining chip for them? Anyway the new system will likely check all the FF boxes especially AF, and they aren't going to put the top of the line AF in the crop sensor first. So unfortunately K-3 III had to wait until new FF.

K1 mark II 42 mp in Spring
K3 mark III in Fall

If the K-1 mark II creates enough buzz it will be good for Pentax and the remaining K1 stock as well. I think this is a good move but it would be nice if the could release both at the same time. But this wont happen. Pentax wanted to release the super duper 50mm with a new body to show what it can do.

01-26-2018, 11:16 AM   #98
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
But if you have to rely on Canikon entry level models and lenses for people to get they foot in photography, they may never actually decide to switch to Pentax when wanting to upgrade to FF.
Buying cheaper camera more often does provides the buyer with improvement in electronics, autofocus and software , but it is not cheap. That true, from buyer's behavior, that entry level cameras are cheaper to begin. However, a cheap way to buy cameras is to buy a high resolution one and keep in until the shutter dies, of course the hard part of it is to keep shooting with the old model. I met one guy who takes amazing photographs with a D700... no idea how much shutter count; must be pretty high still working just fine.
01-26-2018, 11:32 AM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Buying cheaper camera more often does provides the buyer with improvement in electronics, autofocus and software , but it is not cheap. That true, from buyer's behavior, that entry level cameras are cheaper to begin. However, a cheap way to buy cameras is to buy a high resolution one and keep in until the shutter dies, of course the hard part of it is to keep shooting with the old model. I met one guy who takes amazing photographs with a D700... no idea how much shutter count; must be pretty high still working just fine.
Agree with you, but that doesn't mean consumers don't act like that. Actually most of the consumers just buy a DSLR when the old one stop working of many every 10 years and just with the kit lenses.

Sure some buy a cheap body quite often changing it to the latest greatest gimmick, we have quite a few there that hope that the new body will mean the kit lens will suddenly perform as well as the pro f/2.8 zoom thank to the new electronics, but this usually doesn't work. We have people like that that brought K30 then K50 then KS2, then K70 and that brought old 55-300, then HD55-300 and now 55-300. Some don't even sell the old gear.

They spent more overall than if they got higher end gear once, but this isn't their way. They don't like what is big/heavy. They don't like to have to spend lot of money in a single run, they don't like they don't get the pleasure to get often a new toy... They are more interested in the electronics specs...

Anyway, in all case, if you want to sell to them, you have to a product that target them. The K50 was not even different than the K30 but people were thinking it must be better. K70 and KS2 are the same product except the K70 a bit better at high iso, but some people brought both...
01-26-2018, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #100
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please noooo!!! my photography budget is stretched beyond any reason already!
01-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #101
ogl
Banned

K-1 as I understand is the name for all FF line of DSLR of Pentax.
01-26-2018, 12:09 PM - 3 Likes   #102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
K-1 as I understand is the name for all FF line of DSLR of Pentax.

Yes because it consists of one camera. The K-1
01-26-2018, 12:42 PM - 1 Like   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I *really* would prefer a K-3 II successor over a K-1 successor right now. Other than the KP, Pentax has fallen woefully behind Canon and Nikon in the APS-C camera market. I've been contemplating switching to a Nikon D7500 for sports because my K-3 and K-5 IIs are getting pretty beat-up as time goes on.
01-26-2018, 12:47 PM   #104

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
The K-3II body with battery grip is selling for $836.50 now. This is a great deal. The K-3II still offers more features than most other brands even at 3 years old. People who have the K-5 and think the K-3II is not enough of an upgrade I think are mistaken. Especially at that price.
I'm still debating about that (still using a K-5). I'd quite like to try astrotracer and pixelshift, as I think they are super cool. But what I really want from a camera is good noise performance in low light and long exposure times. According to this, the K-5 is quite a lot better than the K-3 in that respect. In fact, if that website is to be believed, the K-5 handles itself extremely well at 300s, even compared to much more expensive new cameras.
01-26-2018, 12:56 PM   #105
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
@nokishita_c tweeted: リコーが次に発表する一眼レフは「PENTAX K-1 Mark II」になるらしい。いつ頃発表されるかはまだ不明。 #噂
Twitter
@OoKU it is late 1 year for a couple of reasons.
I talked about that camera 2 years ago.
Find old posts.

"For me this is not new, please read my posts from April 29th and June 11th where I mentioned two bodies.
I've got that info from the same guy that told me about Pentax fullframe camera before Kenspo announced FF on pentaxforums.com"

Last edited by banep; 01-27-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Closed Thread