Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 622 Likes Search this Thread
01-29-2018, 12:25 AM - 1 Like   #286
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Just takes a little while with the close up lens to see the warts on our personalities!
More like an old soft focus lens to see past them

01-29-2018, 03:13 AM   #287
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
That's only since the event of the D850 or A7III. Before that event, you wouldn't need 10 FPS @ 42Mp; you'd use crop for that, of get a 20Mp camera :-)

You 10 FPS for landscapes?

---------- Post added 29-01-18 at 07:31 ----------

Did he return the system after trying AF tracking? :-) :-) :-)
The goal posts are always moving...

But, you are right that 4 fps is fine for me. My wife shoots weddings and she would like the frame rate a little faster and for sure a bigger buffer. She typically shoots with the camera writing to both cards and it doesn't take much of a burst to slow the K-1 down. She still gets the shots she needs, but that is probably the biggest thing to look at from our standpoint with a K-1 II.
01-29-2018, 03:26 AM   #288
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
My wife shoots weddings and she would like the frame rate a little faster and for sure a bigger buffer. She typically shoots with the camera writing to both cards and it doesn't take much of a burst to slow the K-1 down. She still gets the shots she needs, but that is probably the biggest thing to look at from our standpoint with a K-1 II.
Totally agree with that.. I shot weddings to and those are keypoints for me too, is not that the shots cant be made.. but a bigger buffer and around 7fps would help A LOT at some scenarios.
01-29-2018, 03:31 AM   #289
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interestingly, the UK price of the K-1 is still holding firm at GBP1,999 - even on Amazon. SRS still have silver ones to sell off, too.

01-29-2018, 03:33 AM   #290
Pentaxian

Well Amazon.fr still has a price near introduction price but Amazon.de though has a A LOT better price, around 1800€.
01-29-2018, 03:42 AM - 1 Like   #291
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I don't think we are going to be pushing to far past the current 40ish mega pixels for FF sensors. Sony has said there is not a huge demand from photographers to increase MPs. People want more dynamic range, better color, and faster performance. None of the flagship bodies (1Dx, D5, A9) have more than 24MP.

I would expect that if the rumor is true we see the same 36MP sensor as the K-1. Ricoh needs to speed up everything about the camera, but the sensor is excellent.
36mp sensor
5fps - I don't think the sensor can read/clear faster than this.
Increase the buffer and write speed by 4x
UHS-II cards
USB-C port
They have to have a major improvement in AF-C. This is the area they need catch-up, not the MP race. 36MP is already more than most people need and the K-1image quality is spectacular.
add:
- Better shutter damping, more more important if , unfortunately, they will up the MP
- AF autotune
01-29-2018, 04:42 AM - 2 Likes   #292
Veteran Member

Looks like it can be more in this then what I first got told, but nothing imminent

01-29-2018, 04:48 AM   #293
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So no CP+, but maybe Photokina
01-29-2018, 05:32 AM   #294
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
So no CP+, but maybe Photokina
Which would be more than early enough for the majority of Pentax FF users.
The same cannot be said about the majority of the APS-C users that are left waiting for an overdue K3 successor. To me, however interesting speculations about a K1 successor may be, the real enigma is the absence of even the tiniest crum of info on a K3 successor. How is it possible that plans for a still far away K1 successor would leak, but a close to release K3 successor is completely off all radars?
I mean, will Ricoh finally admit that the KP is the K3 successor, or what?

A true enigma it is turning out to be......

Chris
01-29-2018, 05:40 AM   #295
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
The same cannot be said about the majority of the APS-C users that are left waiting for an overdue K3 successor. To me, however interesting speculations about a K1 successor may be, the real enigma is the absence of even the tiniest crum of info on a K3 successor. How is it possible that plans for a still far away K1 successor would leak, but a close to release K3 successor is completely off all radars?
Unless, of course, the K-1ii leak was a smokescreen to distract attention away from the K-3 successor
01-29-2018, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #296
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Unless, of course, the K-1ii leak was a smokescreen to distract attention away from the K-3 successor
Or that there isn't even a K-1ii leak-just made up click bait.
01-29-2018, 06:18 AM   #297
Pentaxian

What is certain is that no new Pentax or Ricoh camera has been registered by the radiocommunications authorities yet.
01-29-2018, 06:25 AM   #298
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote

A true enigma it is turning out to be......

Chris
Given the speed at which the K-1, D-FA* 70-200mm, and the D-FA* 50mm all came to market, I would guess the new camera will ship about this time next year or a little later.
01-29-2018, 06:31 AM   #299
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
I don't see how high FPS is important for an already very good all-around camera. It's applications are extremely niche to the vast majority of buyers.
I have yet to see proof of it being more often or even just similarly relevant than pixelshift on a statistical basis.
I did post an entire 23 shot burst once to demonstrate. With Pixel Shift you get fewer of better pictures you would get anyway. With first, you get a selection of images and the one you select may be one you wouldn't have at all with a lower burst speed. That being said, in the Nikon D4 Sony A( comparison, shooting side by side the Sony guy didn't get even one image the D4 didn't get despite the faster burst on the A9 because of the higher A9 FPS. At some point, faster FPS clearly becomes redundant. I think I may miss a few at 8 FPS, 10 would be a nice improvement, along with at least a 10 second burst.
01-29-2018, 07:25 AM   #300
Veteran Member

Hi guys, reading with a bit of interest about a new K1 ii, frankly pretty stupid, what about lenses, you can have the greatest camera body known to man but with out a lens nothing, I would like to see the FISHEYE zoom, 85mm, and a 135mm , before another body, wishful thinking, no point an automatic camera as K1 with manual focus lenses, WAKE UP Pentax
Closed Thread