Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2018, 11:40 PM   #241

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
?

Big manual focus cinema lenses?
right Sigma Fuji Rokinon Zeiss and others don't use the same lenses for cinema and they are much bigger and heavier in cinema form.

02-11-2018, 12:20 AM   #242
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ascencio Quote
are we sure the upcoming DFA primes are not Tokina Vista Primes?
As sure as we can be about any lens provenance - Pentax or other. The whole idea just comes across as malicious speculation since there is no proof EITHER way. It's much easier to accuse than to defend (no smoke without fire - assumed secret knowledge on the behalf of the accuser), but serves no useful purpose in the lack of evidence other than (in some minds) the useful purpose of dissing a brand.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I truly cannot abide DPR.
Yes - I'm sorry Asahi Man seems to have adopted it as his preferred home

Last edited by ffking; 02-11-2018 at 02:05 AM.
02-11-2018, 01:13 AM - 2 Likes   #243
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Look for patents.
All these conspiracy theories have one thing in common, they never check parents because patents prove them wrong.

I'll add this: if DFA* primes really are just rebranded lenses, why the **** is taking them so many months, huh ?
02-11-2018, 02:29 AM - 1 Like   #244
Pentaxian

Because they are incompetents and they rebranded them with an F mount and a Canon logo?
(What? I've read worse...)

02-11-2018, 02:35 AM - 2 Likes   #245
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
Really people,
You are all making far too much out of this. All I hoped for and expected for this year, was a contemporary APS-C body to put my DA560 on. Well, it is my opinion that it is for sure not coming this year because Pentax has put much/most/possibly nearly all of its higher end efforts in the K1 successor and matching high end prime lenses, and APS-C is now low on their priority list.
That is my opinion and I reserve the right to believe it without further doubt, based on asahiman's input, but even mote on my own observations off the last years, to which were added recently, solid K1mkII rumors.

So if everyone can live with this, then I would say: case closed.

Chris
Hi, and dont you think you are making too much of relatively low confidence rumors ?
02-11-2018, 03:30 AM - 1 Like   #246
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtgmansf Quote
Wow, besides being condescending, you make many projections and opinions based on zero knowledge on who I am, my experience, real purchase data, and what money I will, and have, spent on photographic equipment, as well as my friends who are serious birders and animal photographers! Fact -Ricoh/Pentax has either dropped or never made the ultra-wide 25mm and 28-45mm zoom for the 645 system, ultra-wide primes for the K1, as well as super tele lenses for FX and 645 digital cameras. That all super telephoto lenses - lenses over 500mm in focal length by most definitions- have to cost $10-15K is not supported, with many current zooms that go to 600mm (Tamron and Sigma), the Sigma 300-800mm, the Sigma 800mm, etc. Since Tamron likely makes the 15-30mm, 24-70mm, and maybe the current 70-200mm for Pentax shows that the possibility exists for at least a very reasonable, up to 600mm zoom lens. Lastly, please let me know, when and where I am telling people to move to other systems and ditch Pentax, and also please answer the question - who is making the attempt to sound knowledgeable by introducing irrelevant information, conjecture, and speculative sales data that that makes no difference to most people...
The DFA *70-200 is a Pentax designed and manufactured lens. Furthermore, if Pentax was interested in having Tamron designs, we wouldn't have waited for the last couple of years for the DFA * primes. Clearly those are from the Pentax lens designers too.

To defend Norm just a bit, his post specifically referenced a 600mm f4 lens, not a consumer 150-600 zoom lens. We've had 50-500 lenses available for ages from Sigma and they have longer lenses now. They are decent lenses, but also quite a bit cheaper than f4 super-telephotos.

I will say that I too, fall into the camp of thinking that lenses that aren't for me aren't particularly important. I seldom shoot longer than 200mm on crop and don't spend much time in the wildlife threads/super telephoto threads. I don't suppose Pentax would have any problem with Tamron releasing a 150-600 lens in a K mount, but they aren't going to rebrand it as they have the 150-450 (which was designed by Pentax) and obviously they think that is adequate for the time being.

---------- Post added 02-11-18 at 05:33 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ian Stuart Forsyth Quote
We will more than likely see some prime lenses in the 400mm , 500mm and 600mm from Nikon that will be under $6000 in the next coming years
I doubt they would be of the f4 variety. Nikon has been raising prices, not lowering them over time and now, with them looking into mirrorless, they are going to be slowly moving away from the F mount and creating lenses for their new mirrorless cameras. I guess we'll see, but Nikon is seriously looking at changing course, as the last couple of years have not been kind to them, either from a market share or a revenue standpoint.
02-11-2018, 03:40 AM   #247
Pentaxian

I think Ricoh will come with a stop holder k3/k5 like body. A sort of classic, with K-3 AF like the KP and noise reduction performance added. Maybe it will get some more speed as well. A K-classic but with improved performance that somehow sits below the KP. Which has the size advantage a flip out screen. That way a new body isn't needed and they can just use the excellent base of the K-5/K-3 line. It would be an alternative for K-5/K-3 shooters looking to upgrade but not to full frame while having very low development cost. The combination of a proven body with a bit more modern electronics. probably with a pop-up flash again. It would explain the K-line talks on CP+ as well.

02-11-2018, 05:34 AM - 1 Like   #248
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes. Stop spreading FUD. They’ll be Pentax patents, just like the patents on the other * lenses linked in reply to your intentionally disruptive posts on DPR.

another one for the boriscleto list, I guess. Shame really. We already have that place. Why here too?

Last edited by monochrome; 02-11-2018 at 05:48 AM.
02-11-2018, 05:55 AM   #249
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, we are sure.

Honestly, what would the point be of Pentax waiting a couple of years to release a new DFA *50 prime and longer to release the DFA *85 prime if they were just going to outsource the lens design? It just doesn't make any sense. Clearly, they are designing it themselves to some pretty high specifications. Will they be better than existing 50s and 85s on the market now? I'm not sure, but to me the feature that will put them above the others on the market is that they will mount and focus on K mount cameras.

Regardless, Pentax doesn't have a current agreement with Tokina, except for licensing their optical formula for the DA 12-24, while their agreement with Tamron involves only the manufacture of the 18-270/24-70/15-30 lenses. You can't keep these things secret and it is clear if the optical formula of the Pentax 15-30 is the same as the Tamron 15-30, even if Pentax didn't publicly admit that it is made by Tamron for them.
02-11-2018, 06:06 AM   #250
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I think Ricoh will come with a stop holder k3/k5 like body. A sort of classic, with K-3 AF like the KP and noise reduction performance added. Maybe it will get some more speed as well. A K-classic but with improved performance that somehow sits below the KP. Which has the size advantage a flip out screen. That way a new body isn't needed and they can just use the excellent base of the K-5/K-3 line. It would be an alternative for K-5/K-3 shooters looking to upgrade but not to full frame while having very low development cost. The combination of a proven body with a bit more modern electronics. probably with a pop-up flash again. It would explain the K-line talks on CP+ as well.
"K3 Classic" has rather a nice ring to it and, given the more limited development needed they could put it out, price wise between the K70 and the KP they could even retro colour it for that Mx look :0D

Now I am really clutching at straws lol
02-11-2018, 06:23 AM   #251
Pentaxian

K-3 classic sounds like coke classic and Nescafe classic. It should be premium or supreme, like ice cream. It can also be like dry or extra dry like wine or beer.

Now look at where this thread is going ...
02-11-2018, 06:46 AM   #252
Pentaxian

I don't think a K3 classic that sits below the KP is what K3/K3II shooters are looking for, and I would venture to say it would not be a big seller.
02-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #253
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K3 Classique Special Reserve (Appellation d'origine contrôlée)

Snappy :0)

---------- Post added 02-11-18 at 06:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
I don't think a K3 classic that sits below the KP is what K3/K3II shooters are looking for, and I would venture to say it would not be a big seller.
Oh, It was VERY tongue in cheek
02-11-2018, 08:49 AM   #254
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Oh, It was VERY tongue in cheek
I guess I am a little slow this morning. Thanks for the clarification!
02-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #255
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I doubt they would be of the f4 variety. Nikon has been raising prices, not lowering them over time and now, with them looking into mirrorless,
I would be surprised to see a 400f/5.6, 500f/5.6 and 600f/5.6. By the looks of the patents for the 600f/5.6 the total length is going to be 330mm long and if the old version of the 600f/5.6 gives us a idea on weight it should be around 2800g
If Canon can build a 400 F4 for $6800 it should not be to hard for Nikon to produce a 600 for around the same price.

The 500mm could be for around 4500 to 5000