Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 232 Likes Search this Thread
02-12-2018, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #166
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
asahiman strikes me as an insider at a preferred component supplier. IMHO this is the Pentax marketing strategy implementation. Why he’s been more open on that wretched hive of scum and villiany than here lately is a real mystery to me.
I don't know that I'd want to deal with a bunch of people being rude about the "year of the prime" stuff. It was kind of a dumb thing to suggest but it's also getting old to see from others in general.

02-12-2018, 09:19 AM   #167
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I thought he had said 2017 was going to be the year of primes...
Which new primes did we see in 2017?
02-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #168
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I find it interesting that people would think he's not a reliable source of information. I don't consider him to be 100% accurate, but he's better than 99.99% of the posters on the forum.

You can say what you want about him, he's still better than you, unless maybe you're kenspo.
Strawman and personal attack.
Shame on you.
02-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #169
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
asahiman strikes me as an insider at a preferred component supplier. IMHO this is the Pentax marketing strategy implementation. Why he’s been more open on that wretched hive of scum and villiany than here lately is a real mystery to me.
LOL at "wretched hive of scum and villainy"
Last thing - and that's really awful - he's accused of being me! Imagine, such an insult!

However, the one doing that is a member here... with the participation of another member here...

02-12-2018, 09:30 AM - 5 Likes   #170
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
Even you though, admit that you are 99% focussed on Full Frame, and that your exitement comes from there.
So I do not see a lot of contradiction, I believe you when you say that Pentax has not given up on APS-C.
I believe Asahiman when he says, that recent (last year) R&D have fully gone to FF, and much of coming R&D (coming year) will go to Medium format, and that Pentax at least at launch thought of the KP as a suiting flagship camera.
I also believe you when you say you have no idea when the next APS-C camera will be released, because it is far into the future.

In short, I see no contradiction between your info and that of Asahiman, none at all, even if from different sources.
In fact, I think two weeks prior to CP+, the picture is already pretty clear: exiting times for Pentax FF, hard times for Pentax APS-C.
Just my opinion though, only my opinion!

Chris
They have never planned to stop with high end APS-C. But they haven't got the structure to make both at the same time, so FF and new lenses had the priority recent time. And yes, I dont know when a high end APS-C will come, but I know it will come..same with a new GR I am 100% focused on FF to be fair. I will never go back to APS-C But I also certain on, that we will see the future for Pentax the coming months.
02-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #171
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When more posts are by members attacking each other than about the actual rumor it is a sure sign it has gone stale.
02-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
I don't know that I'd want to deal with a bunch of people being rude about the "year of the prime" stuff. It was kind of a dumb thing to suggest but it's also getting old to see from others in general.
a few people once chased John Carlson away, too. But that other place can’t possibly be more hospitable.

.:

02-12-2018, 09:43 AM - 13 Likes   #173
Veteran Member

This is one of the biggest reasons I dont share anything specific anymore. I can handle some angry Japanese businessmen, but I dont need all the hassle I get if something changes after I shared anything

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-12-2018 at 10:10 AM.
02-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #174
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
This is one of the biggest reasons I dont share anything specific anymore. I can handle some angry Japanese businessmen, but I dont need all the hassle I get if something changes after I shared anything
Darned 645z. All this changing of plans and production schedules goes back to when they had to drop everything and dedicate all the resources to MF. Who would have thought the pre-announcement Dealer order indication would be twice the initial total planned production run!?

Pentax has to stop making such ridiculously successful cameras in formats the majority doesn’t shoot.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-12-2018 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post
02-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #175
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Which new primes did we see in 2017?
Exactly!
02-12-2018, 09:58 AM - 1 Like   #176
Pentaxian

I totally sympathize.

02-12-2018, 09:58 AM - 3 Likes   #177
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This is one of the biggest reasons I dont share anything specific anymore. I can handle some angry Japanese businessmen, but I dont need all the hassle get if something changes after I shared anything
Next time you are having shots of sake (or Swedish... vodka snow cones?) with Asahiman, tell him that some of us here liked having his input.

02-12-2018, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #178
Pentaxian

There's also the personal message system, and mine's always open

and empty of any inside info.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-12-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post
02-12-2018, 10:08 AM - 5 Likes   #179
Pentaxian

They have never planned to stop with high end APS-C. But they haven't got the structure to make both at the same time,
That makes sense. You have to stop saying things which make sense. These rumor threads are meant to be full of angst and FUD and fantasy expectations and drug induced dreams and reflections of ones own miserable life. Making sense doesn't belong here.
Luckily "making sense" is nothing that people pick up or want to discuss. It usually quickly sinks to the bottom of the pond and lies there. Waiting. For CP+.
02-12-2018, 10:20 AM - 4 Likes   #180
Pentaxian

See, today's comments right here is why I consider kenspo a reliable source (with the gravitas of us actually knowing what his relationship to Pentax/RI is), while I think asahi man is an unreliable source. Asahi man might have some information, but I think he wants us to think he has access to much more than he actually does.

Just the other day asahi man was just saying (in that other place that must never be named ) that Ricoh had decided to not do any more high end APS-C cameras but then recently changed their mind due to customer feedback, and now want to do K-3 successor but might take a while (until next year) to do that.

Today kenspo says they never intended to stop the APS-C high end line and just haven't released a K-3 successor yet because their limited resources have been directed elsewhere. Which to me makes a whole lot more sense than Ricoh not knowing what they want to do and changing their mind all the time.

I'm sure asahi man is passionate about all things Pentax but pointing out that he hasn't been all that accurate in the past should not be a cardinal sin in this forum... Facts are facts, they are stubborn things that tend to not go away easily...

By the way, kenspo, I hope you do not get in trouble for having shared what you did share today, and I do appreciate what you are able to share. And I understand Ricoh not liking to show their hand too early to the competition, so if you can't share something, I also completely understand.