Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is the post:

Attached Images

02-10-2018, 08:15 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Most of february IS later this year.

If this is aFF camera they must have shrinked it considerably. Not convinced.
02-10-2018, 08:19 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Unless we’re missing a digit and it’s 1218, releasing in December...

But that’s probably just the Internet snark talking ��

-Eric
The faint outline of an ‘0’ is visible. This is classic tease marketing by a company that has no ‘marketing’ budget.
02-10-2018, 08:24 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Q-S2

02-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Boy that's disappointing.

QuoteQuote:
The Pentax K-3 was announced on October 8, 2013

Read more at: Pentax K-3 - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
I pre-ordered and had mine in early November... that's more than 4 years. SO in essence, they've put the APS-c flagship on a 5 year cycle. With that kind of time, I'm expecting a major upgrade. A lot has changed in 5 years.

I'll be saving my dineros, but, it will be interesting to see where my dineros go. I don't mind Pentax being 5 years behind, as long as it's just 5 years behind.
02-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
If this is aFF camera they must have shrinked it considerably. Not convinced.
The camera being photographed is the K3 II, and it is being photographed by an other camera at 1/10 000 sec. shutter speed.
02-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's shape is big. I think it is k1successor or the 645z successor.

02-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I increased the contrast to look for a Q218, but I only saw 0218. It must mean february.

Link to asahi man profile on dpr

Last edited by Simen1; 02-10-2018 at 09:26 AM.
02-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
looks like 645 camera...
QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
It's shape is big. I think it is k1successor or the 645z successor.
Asahiman said "not yet" for MF.
02-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Asahiman said "not yet" for MF.
Yes he replied to me "zakaria "but what this thing refers to.it is not Q it is not k3iii. There is no flagship APS C. It is not entry-level camera. Pentax seldom tesses an entry-level.
02-10-2018, 10:00 AM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think it is important to know the limitations of folks like Asahiman and his information. He just will only know what has been fed to him. Some of that is correct and some of it (as in the case of the K-1 Firmware) is incorrect. The farther off a camera in development is, the less he or, Kenspo or anyone except folks in Japan will know about it. He probably knows quite a bit about coming K-1 sequel, but not so much about gear that is planned for launch the end of this year or beginning of next.
02-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think it is important to know the limitations of folks like Asahiman and his information. He just will only know what has been fed to him. Some of that is correct and some of it (as in the case of the K-1 Firmware) is incorrect. The farther off a camera in development is, the less he or, Kenspo or anyone except folks in Japan will know about it. He probably knows quite a bit about coming K-1 sequel, but not so much about gear that is planned for launch the end o`f this year or beginning of next.
I suppose we have now come all the way back around to @Mistral75 ‘s original, shocking K-1 Super post. I think we in the west must understand that Pentax’s market seems to be primarily Japan and France, and they don’t / can’t arrange their product catalog to satisfy our market in the USA. They’re simply not going to floor plan Dealer inventory the way Canon and Nikon do, then throughput the product with advertising. That decision was made 30 years ago. The fact that Pentax even exists is a sort of miracle of stubbornness, refusing to admit they’ve been disrupted. Consequently they can only do one big thing at a time and have a series of minor things going on around the edges.

It isn’t beyond the realm of possibility (given asahiman’s qualification / reversal of the ‘KP is flagship’ meme on the other Forum) that asahiman, and the responses to his posts, is intentionally ‘used’ by Pentax to float ideas and gauge responses to them, along with the teaser marketing of the next releases. Why would he post the blacked out teaser himself? Where would he have gotten the image?

Whether he is a witting or an unwitting accomplice is unclear.
02-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #28
Pentaxian

One reliable info is the one posted in front of Pentax forums: K1 II being around the corner. PF front page article approved by Ricoh Imaging.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 02-10-2018 at 10:56 AM.
02-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
One reliable info is the one posted in front of Pentax forums: K1 II being around the corner. PF front page article approved by Ricoh Imaging.
If you reread the PF front page article you will find it is not confirmation at all. It refers to "chatter" and "rumors." The closest it comes to anything approved or official is the mention of the now deleted RI Czech Facebook post.
"How much truth is there to these two rumors? We'll soon find out! As usual, we will be covering the CP+ show to report on any potential news and conduct our annual interview with the Pentax team."

Last edited by rangercarp; 02-10-2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: typo
02-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The camera being photographed is the K3 II, and it is being photographed by an other camera at 1/10 000 sec. shutter speed.
Really? That red jpeg artifact looks suspiciously like the artifact showing on the screen cap from the CZ Facebook page in the article on the front page of PentaxForums.