Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 232 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I wonder how people would respond if it unfolded something like this.

Pentax announces
1) a new APSC camera slightly higher specified version of the K-P, maybe a slightly sexier K-5 but not a K-3 replacement per say.
2) A K-1 Mark II to be ready in the spring. Slightly improved with same body. What the K20D was to the K10D

Beyond this plans for a 645Z II and a High end APSC ofcourse only to say they are working on them.

02-11-2018, 07:35 PM - 4 Likes   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote

Pentax announces
1) a new APSC camera slightly higher specified version of the K-P, maybe a slightly sexier K-5 but not a K-3 replacement per say.
2) A K-1 Mark II to be ready in the spring. Slightly improved with same body. What the K20D was to the K10D

Beyond this plans for a 645Z II and a High end APSC ofcourse only to say they are working on them.
Absolutely everyone would be unhappy. So you’re probably close.
02-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax announces

A really huge Yawn

Larry
02-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #124
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My specific complaint is that Pentax announced the suspension of production of the K-3ii before announcing a new APS_c flagship. If you made that complaint and I said something against it then bad on me. If you didn't your a troll. I don't care one way or the other. I am under no obligation to remain consistent in my opinions as circumstances change.
It’s just nice to know who is allowed to be annoyed and who isn’t.
Carry on.

02-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Only thing known for sure is that March promises to be a fun month.
CP+ is only something like 2-˝ weeks away. If they're going to make a major move soon, wouldn't they make it in time to talk about it there?
02-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #126
Veteran Member

Pentax announces

I want them to be passing round k1iis with Dfa*50/1.4 at CP+!

Last edited by robjmitchell; 02-12-2018 at 01:39 AM.
02-11-2018, 10:35 PM   #127
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
I want them to passing round k1iis with Dfa*50/1.4 at CP+!
s - means no AA filter (before). all cameras from Pentax have no AA filter now. K1II only

02-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #128
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Pentax announces

I would think by the history of Pentax releases, that it will really be something like this.

K1 is less than 2yrs old and plenty of camera for me.
I'm not even utilizing it to its full potential.
So I can wait for the next thing if its not this year.
02-12-2018, 12:08 AM   #129
ogl
Banned

The main question - should we trust Asahi man ?
02-12-2018, 12:15 AM   #130
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My specific complaint is that Pentax announced the suspension of production of the K-3ii before announcing a new APS_c flagship. If you made that complaint and I said something against it then bad on me. If you didn't your a troll. I don't care one way or the other. I am under no obligation to remain consistent in my opinions as circumstances change.
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
It’s just nice to know who is allowed to be annoyed and who isn’t.
Carry on.
C'mon gentlemen, this thread is going so well considering the contentious subject matter. Let's keep it friendly and not prod at each other, eh?

Thanks
02-12-2018, 01:41 AM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The main question - should we trust Asahi man ?
Well I trust Asahi beer, seems like a good association!
02-12-2018, 01:59 AM - 1 Like   #132

I just want Pentax do not forget their users who bought their K10D,K20D,K-7,K-5,K-3 class camera for years. I don't care if they try fancy stuffs like K-P, K-S2, etc.. at the condition there is a "classic" and robust alternatives such as K-3III.

I am not interested at all in K-1 as it is too expensive for me, and I would prefer f4 FF lenses instead of f2.8 (for price and weight).

I am not interested in K-P as it has no GPS (which I love on my K-3II), a cheap battery, and it does fit well in hands even with largest grip.

Currently Pentax has nothing in catalog to replace my 2 years old K-3II... I am very disappointed.

I am planning to buy the new DA* 11-18mm, but I will only do it if Pentax show more interest in APS-C, by releasing an interesting new APS-C body, and by updating the roadmap with new APS-C lenses, in particular an updated version of the old DA* 16-50mm. After the 11-18mm, the roadmap will be empty, mean no future for APS-C ? :/
02-12-2018, 02:09 AM   #133
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Pentax announces

Pentax is dead, so dead
02-12-2018, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #134
Pentaxian

@superdave:
I'm not sure they would put new APS-C lenses on the roadmap, if they're updates for existing lenses. They didn't for the 55-300 RE PLM...
02-12-2018, 02:37 AM   #135

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
@superdave:
I'm not sure they would put new APS-C lenses on the roadmap, if they're updates for existing lenses. They didn't for the 55-300 RE PLM...
Yes you're right (except if range change) but at least they should communicate with their users. No information and an empty roadmap is not reassuring, and their trans-standard DA* (16-50) is very dated now... lot of CA, bad corner performance, and no HD coating.