Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 232 Likes Search this Thread
02-12-2018, 06:55 AM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
They have many eyes on me these days Im not told exactly the same as him, but we have different sources. Something will happen soon anyway!
For the k mount?

02-12-2018, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Whatever it is.. i think the next flagship will have a videocentric function to compete with the others and of course best in class stills. If this both features are in the new camera, there would be a lot of converts.

Last edited by Kenn100D; 02-12-2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: missing words
02-12-2018, 07:26 AM   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
K3II renewal (higher frame rate, buffer) only needed for wildlife long lens kind of shots, for all other cases, the KP is very good.
shoot kids and sports and you really like the fact that you can have 6-7 FPS
02-12-2018, 07:30 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Is asahi man actually a reliable source? I remember a few years back he was saying that the FA Limiteds were going to be discontinued... and they're still here...

02-12-2018, 07:34 AM   #155
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Outis Quote
Is asahi man actually a reliable source? I remember a few years back he was saying that the FA Limiteds were going to be discontinued... and they're still here...
Yes he is.He was first to leaked the k3 and said k5 will be expensive than any dslr from Pentax. He also talk about Kp before its announcement.He said 2018 the year of primes.
02-12-2018, 07:55 AM   #156
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
Yes he is.He was first to leaked the k3 and said k5 will be expensive than any dslr from Pentax. He also talk about Kp before its announcement.He said 2018 the year of primes.
Not too much....
02-12-2018, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #157
Pentaxian

I thought he had said 2017 was going to be the year of primes...

02-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #158
Pentaxian

Yeah except they didn't come
02-12-2018, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #159
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I thought he had said 2017 was going to be the year of primes...
I find it interesting that people would think he's not a reliable source of information. I don't consider him to be 100% accurate, but he's better than 99.99% of the posters on the forum.

You can say what you want about him, he's still better than you, unless maybe you're kenspo.
02-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #160
Pentaxian

I'm just curious if maybe Ricoh feeds Asahiman's inside man with fake Intel to "trace the leaking end" in their structures
02-12-2018, 08:33 AM - 2 Likes   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I find it interesting that people would think he's not a reliable source of information. I don't consider him to be 100% accurate, but he's better than 99.99% of the posters on the forum.

You can say what you want about him, he's still better than you, unless maybe you're kenspo.
Now that's a strawman if I ever saw one.

Please point me where I ever compared myself to him or to anyone else in this forum, for that matter.

Why don't you refute the fact that I posted, instead of attacking me personally? I don't know, maybe I should even report your post.
02-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm all kinds of accurate.

I find the talk about "a K-5 III and not a K-3 III" kind of funny. Is there that much difference? I know they aren't identical in layout but they seem like small steps and not some massive change. K-3 to K-1 seems much more different than K-5 to K-3.

The KP is not appealing to me due to how much I would have to use the rear LCD to know the current camera setup. Nikon Df seems much better in this regard. Work to get that control layout with a bigger LCD onto the top plate seems like a much better direction. That issue, and the smaller battery, are key reasons why the KP never interested me. The size of the LCD on the top plate of the K-1 seems like a mistake to me as well but at least it's there.

Still no clear word from Ricoh as to which of my ideas of new primes they'll use first.
02-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #163
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Now that's a strawman if I ever saw one.

Please point me where I ever compared myself to him or to anyone else in this forum, for that matter.

Why don't you refute the fact that I posted, instead of attacking me personally? I don't know, maybe I should even report your post.
I wasn't thinking of you personally, I was thinking of the generic "you" but if you choose to take it personally so be it. I'm not going to get worked up about it.

If it makes you feel any better, Would include myself in that "you" as well.

QuoteQuote:
I'm just curious if maybe Ricoh feeds Asahiman's inside man with fake Intel to "trace the leaking end" in their structures
I'm sure there is debate about these kinds of things within Pentax all the time. My personal take is that Asahiman has access to one viewpoint within Pentax, but not always the one that prevails. He knows what one member of the team thinks, but that opinion doesn't always succeed in getting it's position adopted. He's been quite accurate 2 weeks before an announcement, often having access to the exact specs of new products, but not so accurate at longer term predictions. Maybe some insight into what they are thinking, but not so clear on how efficient they will be executing "the plan."

Last edited by normhead; 02-12-2018 at 08:51 AM.
02-12-2018, 09:11 AM - 2 Likes   #164
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

asahiman strikes me as an insider at a preferred component supplier. IMHO this is the Pentax marketing strategy implementation. Why he’s been more open on that wretched hive of scum and villainy than here lately is a real mystery to me.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-12-2018 at 01:37 PM.
02-12-2018, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #165
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
They have many eyes on me these days Im not told exactly the same as him, but we have different sources. Something will happen soon anyway!
Even you though, admit that you are 99% focussed on Full Frame, and that your exitement comes from there.
So I do not see a lot of contradiction, I believe you when you say that Pentax has not given up on APS-C.
I believe Asahiman when he says, that recent (last year) R&D have fully gone to FF, and much of coming R&D (coming year) will go to Medium format, and that Pentax at least at launch thought of the KP as a suiting flagship camera.
I also believe you when you say you have no idea when the next APS-C camera will be released, because it is far into the future.

In short, I see no contradiction between your info and that of Asahiman, none at all, even if from different sources.
In fact, I think two weeks prior to CP+, the picture is already pretty clear: exiting times for Pentax FF, hard times for Pentax APS-C.
Just my opinion though, only my opinion!

Chris

Last edited by Chris Mak; 02-12-2018 at 09:19 AM.