Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2018, 08:56 PM   #1

Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR camera detailed specifications leaked

Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR camera detailed specifications leaked

QuoteQuote:
  • Pentax K-1 Mark II high ISO sensitivity: ISO 819,200 (for photo) and ISO 25,600 (for video).
  • Upgraded Pixel Shift Resolution (SR II).
  • The Pentax K-1 Mark II camera will have PRIME IV 14-bit imaging processing chip with the original Accelerator Unit (a RICOH developed processing device) that effectively suppresses noise and reproduces fine-details with rich colors even at high ISO levels. The Accelerator Unit was first introduced in the Pentax K-70, followed by the Pentax KP and is now being introduced in the K-1 Mark II marking the 3rd generation.
Read more: Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR camera detailed specifications leaked | Pentax Rumors

02-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That looks to be a pretty minor enhancement. Have to wonder about the firmware update that was "coming soon" back in December and how much of what is new could be taken care of with programming.
02-13-2018, 09:23 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
That looks to be a pretty minor enhancement. Have to wonder about the firmware update that was "coming soon" back in December and how much of what is new could be taken care of with programming.
incorporating the noise reduction from the K-70/KP is very good and did require a hardware upgrade.
02-13-2018, 09:25 PM   #4

Looks like almost no difference to the current model?

02-13-2018, 09:35 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can't see a body redesign for this. If these specs are accurate, I'd think it's in the same physical package. So what's the camera in the teaser photos? Just a "stock" photo of a DSLR, or something else to tease us?

Also, would this upgrade to the K1 take the level of R&D and other resources to put everything else on hold? My first reaction is one of skepticism, but I also know nothing of what it really takes to make this all work and what resources Pentax has.
02-13-2018, 09:41 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Predictably minor. I'll cope with my K-1 originals for now
02-13-2018, 09:54 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
I can't see a body redesign for this. If these specs are accurate, I'd think it's in the same physical package. So what's the camera in the teaser photos? Just a "stock" photo of a DSLR, or something else to tease us?

Also, would this upgrade to the K1 take the level of R&D and other resources to put everything else on hold? My first reaction is one of skepticism, but I also know nothing of what it really takes to make this all work and what resources Pentax has.
Looks to me this is the minor upstep implied by making this a 'mark' instead of a new model - in this case the "flagship" gets the noise reduction chip already in two other models.

I'm guessing that there will be multiple announcements soon - perhaps the teaser has to do with the K-3ii 'situation' that has caused so much angst.

02-13-2018, 10:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Seems to be a new mainboard, because of he additional processor.
Missing USB-3 update und increasing speed in writing to the sd cards (because frame/s didn't change)

Must wait for the test pictures wether the quality in ISO increased (hopefully).

Seems to be a normal mid-time update of the HW.
02-13-2018, 10:28 PM   #9
ogl
Banned

What is really new?
02-13-2018, 10:35 PM - 5 Likes   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
What is really new?
The number of Nikon users.
02-13-2018, 10:39 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
What is really new?

Repeating message #3 above:
incorporating the noise reduction from the K-70/KP is very good and did require a hardware upgrade.
02-13-2018, 11:10 PM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Looks to me this is the minor upstep implied by making this a 'mark' instead of a new model - in this case the "flagship" gets the noise reduction chip already in two other models.
I remember the K-5II/K-5IIs which was about as minor an upgrade as one might imagine (AF upgrade* mostly with the "s" losing its AA filter). The K-1II appears to be similar in scope and impact.

Steve

* The step from SAFOX IX+ to SAFOX X provided additional low light sensitivity as well as fixes for poor performance under tungsten light and overall improvements that were incremental, but needed.

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-13-2018 at 11:25 PM.
02-13-2018, 11:13 PM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If this is true, it's a real nothing burger.
02-13-2018, 11:14 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I remember the K-5II/K-5IIs which was about as minor an upgrade as one might imagine (AF upgrade mostly with the "s" losing its AA filter). The K-1II appears to be similar in scope and impact.

Steve
They also fixed AF inconsistency under tungsten lighting for K-5ii/iis series.
02-13-2018, 11:16 PM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
The number of Nikon users.
You think some Nikon users would 'defect' to Pentax because the K-1 will now exceed all Nikon cameras even more in the DxOMark's "sports" measure!
Closed Thread