Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2018, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
Pentax is doomed! They're releasing a camera that doesn't render all their previous camera useless!
I am thinking of in early March Taking out my K1000 to see if it still works after the rumours subside.

02-14-2018, 05:17 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Let SONY takes over to shine Pentax again!
02-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #123
Veteran Member

Where in Kenspo!!!!!! He is very quiet suddenly. He very carefull in adding anything and Ricoh is watching him
02-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #124
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
There just doesn't seem to be enough there to stimulate any additional sales. Is there anyone who wouldn't have bought the K-1 who will now buy this? Especially with a price increase.

Now if they had gone USB 3.0, bigger buffer, faster FPS, then yeah I could see that potentially pulling in some cross-shoppers from other brands.

I'm usually pretty upbeat on Ricoh but this has fail written all over it. I really hope they have other stuff in the bag.
I agree. I doubt anyone picking up a K-1 II going forward would mind if it the original K-1 remained the current & available model.

Would be better to focus efforts on developing new camera tech, adding lenses, then realeasing proper updates to the body once they become available.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-14-2018, 05:28 PM   #125
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
It's not really how I see photography.
Just get a set of ROSE coloured glasses!
02-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #126

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax_WA Quote
Let SONY takes over to shine Pentax again!
Not Sony but I can see Panasonic or Fuji, especially the former.
02-14-2018, 06:13 PM   #127
Pentaxian

Is this SR2 What that patent for the tilting sensor was about? If not it might show up in the new apsc. I am still prepared for surprises.
After i know what CP+ shows i will start trash talking, I sure hope i don't miss my chance by not starting the trashing before hand.

02-14-2018, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Is this SR2 What that patent for the tilting sensor was about? If not it might show up in the new apsc. I am still prepared for surprises.
After i know what CP+ shows i will start trash talking, I sure hope i don't miss my chance by not starting the trashing before hand.
When I saw the K1 a month before it was announced. I also saw a slide presentation on an iPad that detailed the specs for the K1. One of the bullet points or features referred to a mode that allowed the pixel shift to be used with 645 lenses yielding an image with 4:3 aspect ratio and a files size exactly the same as the file from a 645Z (142MB or so). Basically making the K1 a 645Z albeit using pixel shift. Perhaps this new SR is going to deliver on that promise! Who knows. So far the listed or rumored specs are not going to make me run out and replace my K1. Now If I needed a new K1, then the replacement will be a welcome addition. Especially the high ISO improvement.
02-14-2018, 07:03 PM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwipixter Quote
Not Sony but I can see Panasonic or Fuji, especially the former.
Anyone, Please....
02-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #130
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
How would sales increase if you give to the existing userbase for free?
Sales of the new camera using the same components. It's like repackaging the existing product, adding one major element, and selling it again. It'll be covered in media and would attract people that already forgot k-1 existed.

---------- Post added 02-14-18 at 07:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
There just doesn't seem to be enough there to stimulate any additional sales. Is there anyone who wouldn't have bought the K-1 who will now buy this? Especially with a price increase.

Now if they had gone USB 3.0, bigger buffer, faster FPS, then yeah I could see that potentially pulling in some cross-shoppers from other brands.

I'm usually pretty upbeat on Ricoh but this has fail written all over it. I really hope they have other stuff in the bag.
But even in this thread some people showed interest, and it's not a huge sample size. I'd say exposure in major publications would attract attention
02-14-2018, 07:43 PM - 2 Likes   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My thoughts.

I'm holding any critical judgement until i see the final release specs from an official source.

Even with the unverified details already being discussed, the way I see it they are soon to release the real K-1 and named it the K-1 II just to differentiate it from the beta model they are currently testing on the public. I guessed as much and chose not to buy the first model for that reason.

I do hope they don't make the jump to 42mp until they have everything file processing and transfer related sped way up, the extra file size from a newer sensor would make it an absolute pig for the people already complaining that its not a photo mini gun.

And AF, always better faster AF, because the damn equipment just isn't made for manual focus anymore. My old MF film lenses really show their age on a camera like the K-1 and that still doesn't cover the lack of proper focus screen needed for full time MF.

It feels like modern cars to me, if you force people to only buy cars with automatic transmissions, power everything, traction control and ABS, the crap better work perfectly or people who actually know how to drive (a sadly dying breed) come unhinged.
02-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #132
Veteran Member

This is the last chance to avoid self-death. If SONY announces the A7 mark II ( Mini a9 ) for less than 2K, and Fuji brings up its X-H1 and XT-3, Pentax will not only not gain new customers, but it may also lose some to switch over to other brands. Since I purchased my Fuji XT-2, I barely touch my K3II. The AF system on K3 is just embarrassing. My to go for landscape is K1, for the portrait is K1 with XT-2 mixed, and Telephoto wildlife XT-2.
02-14-2018, 08:10 PM   #133
Pentaxian

Site Supporter Join Date: Jul 2017 Location: Seattle Posts: 147
| Likes: 87
This is the last chance to avoid self-death. If SONY announces the A7 mark II ( Mini a9 ) for less than 2K, and Fuji brings up its X-H1 and XT-3, Pentax will not only not gain new customers, but it may also lose some to switch over to other brands. Since I purchased my Fuji XT-2, I barely touch my K3II. The AF system on K3 is just embarrassing. My to go for landscape is K1, for the portrait is K1 with XT-2 mixed, and Telephoto wildlife XT-2.
That $$$$ony has been available for quite a while!

Fuji will have the choice of 3 top end Apsc,3 mid range and 1 entry level...by the time the XT3 is available.All of them extremely capable in stills and 4K video.No one will match them.
02-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
That $$$$ony has been available for quite a while.
I wasn't referring to A7R Mark II, I was referring to A7. They are different. Look them up!
02-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #135

I wasn't referring to A7R Mark II, I was referring to A7. They are different. Look them up!
uhhh... did I miss something? Sony A7 Mk II Review
Closed Thread