Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2018, 01:04 AM   #76
Veteran Member

That is not only firmware (Software) but also hardware, the new accelerator unit is hardware.
I don't think they will change anything on the usb and storage speed, because that means a new processor (unluckily).
Why should there be a new shutter, the actual one is a complete new development?
Hopefully they make the upper plastic cover a little bit sturdier.

02-20-2018, 01:31 AM - 1 Like   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I read a lot of comments about slight and unnecessary improvements and not understanding why the mkII model was brought to us etc.

Why don't you wait 3 more days to see what it will be released and whether that might be of your intererest or not.

As for the slight improvements, I don't see them as slight (AFAIK). There are new designs that give new possibilities. When you have a camera with excellent IQ and you further improve its strengths we might talk about a new version of the K-1 that sets new standards in FF sensors/cameras. Pentax has limited resources and a very different apporach in its business. People that ask Canon/Fuji strategies from Pentax are living in another universe. You can find people that had the chance to talk with Ricoh-Pentax top management and they can convey their rational (if it's not obvious from the products). What REALLY counts for me is that they pay much attention to us the Pentaxians (they're supporting their base) and this strategy seems to go on. This is happening in such a great level only in Pentax land.

I will wait for the announcement and after that I can comment again.
02-20-2018, 01:38 AM   #78
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
This whole discussion is sinking into dumbness.
Why the other thread was closed, perhaps?

Steve
02-20-2018, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #79
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Actually, it's an 85mm f/2
Actually, it is a 1967 vintage Jupiter-9 85/2

Steve

02-20-2018, 02:16 AM - 1 Like   #80
Pentaxian

Pentax Pixel Shift Resolution has been very well accepted with the PENTAX K-3 II, K-70, and KP. We have adopted an upgraded version of the Pixel Shift Resolution to PENTAX K-1 Mark II. The system is apart from the conventional Bayer system, which only captures single unit of color data in each pixel. Pixel Shift Resolution captures four images of the same scene by shifting the image sensor by a single pixel, using the SRII mechanism. With this, each pixel captures all colors, resulting in super-high-resolution images, true to life colors with much finer details, while significantly lowering the level of high-sensitivity noise With the K-1 Mark II, we are able to achieve Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution.

This technology is a revolutionary technology which comes from reverse thinking to utilize the minute camera shake itself to produce the composite images. Therefore, by detecting the camera shake in three dimensions, the continuously captured four images are analyzed based on the detected camera shake information and produce one super high resolution image. During the Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution, as the image is not captured using sensor movement like traditional Pixel Shift Resolution, the SR II system can be used to correct for camera shake. By coupling both features, Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution can be effectively used during low light situations even without tripod. From the technology point of view, when you are using tripod, the Pixel Shift Resolution II images will produce higher resolution.

Source: The upcoming Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR camera will have an upgraded version of the Pixel Shift Resolution feature (SRII) | Pentax Rumors
02-20-2018, 02:19 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
This is happening in such a great level only in Pentax land.
Sorry to say this,but it happens in other lands too...theres other systems that are in touch as much, if not more than what RI are providing.
02-20-2018, 02:35 AM   #82
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Why the other thread was closed, perhaps?
Yup. Dumbness and repeated friction.

02-20-2018, 02:37 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Sorry to say this,but it happens in other lands too...theres other systems that are in touch as much, if not more than what RI are providing.
After the announcement you will understand what I mean. Then you'll see that many of the talks in here were mostly irrelevant and rushing. I know that there is great support from other brands to its loyal customers as well, but I'm reffering to the feeling I get that Pentax is not trying to "steal" my money as I advance as a photographer. It provides alternatives and not one-way streets.

The only thing I've bought from Pentax and felt a bit cheated is the Pentax Remote Control O-RC1 But even this is still working after many years of frequent use...
02-20-2018, 02:48 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Pentax Pixel Shift Resolution has been very well accepted with the PENTAX K-3 II, K-70, and KP. We have adopted an upgraded version of the Pixel Shift Resolution to PENTAX K-1 Mark II. The system is apart from the conventional Bayer system, which only captures single unit of color data in each pixel. Pixel Shift Resolution captures four images of the same scene by shifting the image sensor by a single pixel, using the SRII mechanism. With this, each pixel captures all colors, resulting in super-high-resolution images, true to life colors with much finer details, while significantly lowering the level of high-sensitivity noise With the K-1 Mark II, we are able to achieve Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution.

This technology is a revolutionary technology which comes from reverse thinking to utilize the minute camera shake itself to produce the composite images. Therefore, by detecting the camera shake in three dimensions, the continuously captured four images are analyzed based on the detected camera shake information and produce one super high resolution image. During the Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution, as the image is not captured using sensor movement like traditional Pixel Shift Resolution, the SR II system can be used to correct for camera shake. By coupling both features, Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution can be effectively used during low light situations even without tripod. From the technology point of view, when you are using tripod, the Pixel Shift Resolution II images will produce higher resolution.

Source: The upcoming Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR camera will have an upgraded version of the Pixel Shift Resolution feature (SRII) | Pentax Rumors

Awesome if we can obtain pixel shift resolution handheld . Now we need software to adapt to PS.
Great info if it's true.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
02-20-2018, 03:03 AM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

A very interesting idea and one which tells you that leaked spec sheets never tell the whole story.

Even so, surely the problem with objects moving in the frame - a branch in the wind, e.g. - would still remain. Eventually, I hope someone turns this whole idea into a switchable one. The user can select whether to use pixelshift to defeat the Bayer array and so improve acuity and colour fidelity or to increase resolution to MF levels which is what the Olympus system does - or a third option, so it appears: lower resolution output in exchange for handholding. Pentax uses four readings, the other uses eight. Just flick a switch, as you wish.
02-20-2018, 03:06 AM   #86
Pentaxian

After the announcement you will understand what I mean. Then you'll see that many of the talks in here were mostly irrelevant and rushing
Yes,i'll be patient...and i did make a comment that the upTweak thats happening will take the K-1 level from Excellent to superb.I'm sure,RI have provided a great camera which will be better.
However, you mention..
the feeling I get that Pentax is not trying to "steal" my money
Well, as a Q user(3 bodies,5lenses) how should I feel?When RI are asked directly,they say they are still supporting Q!...
How should I feel when recently a K50 i owned(and sold to a good friend) suffers the apeture block @ a bit over 1000 actuations???
Luckily,ive never owned a SDM lens or i probably could have suffered there too.

Now,all the Q stuff works great and i fixed the K-50(thanks to the great sharers of knowledge on here).I'm not complaining,simply pointing out some things where theres a falling short of customer support!
02-20-2018, 03:23 AM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Honestly, I want to see pictures -- not of the cameras, but from the camera. Anything else -- whether negativity from users on the Forum or positivity in press releases doesn't mean a whole lot to me either way. My guess is that it is a step forward current K-1 image quality, particularly for high iso shots, but probably not enough to make me want to get a new camera right now. But, our K3 is getting a bit long in the tooth and is probably due to be replaced...
02-20-2018, 03:23 AM - 2 Likes   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Yup. Dumbness and repeated friction.
Are you kidding? That describes 90% of the internet

-Eric
02-20-2018, 03:34 AM - 2 Likes   #89
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Are you kidding? That describes 90% of the internet
What can I tell you... we try to set the bar a little higher around here
02-20-2018, 03:38 AM   #90
Pentaxian

I don't need much more to be happy since I own the K-1. I like 2-3 serious improvements to make the K-1 even better and I see them coming. What you see is your problem.

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Well, as a Q user(3 bodies,5lenses) how should I feel?When RI are asked directly,they say they are still supporting Q!...
How should I feel when recently a K50 i owned(and sold to a good friend) suffers the apeture block @ a bit over 1000 actuations???
Luckily,ive never owned a SDM lens or i probably could have suffered there too.

Now,all the Q stuff works great and i fixed the K-50(thanks to the great sharers of knowledge on here).I'm not complaining,simply pointing out some things where theres a falling short of customer support!
I feel you very well. Totally understood points. I'm lucky I guess and things like those happen to other brand products quite often (no point in making a list in here).

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-20-2018 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Quoted post deleted by mods