Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2018, 03:15 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K-1 mark II imminent

The other thread about the specs was closed, so starting a new one. Nokishita now has a photo of the Mark 2. No specs as yet.

【?】????「PENTAX K-1 Mark II」???|?????????

I can’t see any external differences, but someone more observant than me might be able to spot something.

This would suggest a release in the next couple of days.

02-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Nokishita now has a photo of the Mark 2.

【?】????「PENTAX K-1 Mark II」???|?????????

I can’t see any external differences, but someone more observant than me might be able to spot sonething.

Two mic inputs? Maybe that means there will be some video upgrades.

02-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #3

Mic and headphone jack
02-19-2018, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm so very confused, if the pictures just posted to pentaxrumors is correct... I literally just took out my K-1, just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. This looks identical in every way to the camera I currently have in my hand. Looking over the specs, besides a boost in ISO performance, maybe a slight improvement on Pixel-shift (which I truly didn't ask for)... I fail to spot the key difference. What am I missing?? People keep comparing this to the K-5ii release, but removing the AA-filter was a big deal, and the improvements to ISO were very needed. This literally feels like the same camera. I think ISO can be difficult to spot, especially in a camera that already had amazing ISO control and dynamic range... Is this really what has delayed development of a APS-C or Medium format successor??... 'say it ain't so Pentax, say it ain't so'...

02-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #5

After looking at my K1, I see there's no difference. So I don't know.

02-19-2018, 03:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nzondlo Quote
Two mic inputs? Maybe that means there will be some video upgrades.
Mic and headphone. like the Mk1.
02-19-2018, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It has II next to the name on the front

02-19-2018, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
seems to have a pre-made Sigma scratch.
There is also in the original K1
02-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was a "bit" cynical when the rumoured specs first can out but I think a minor update is better than none at all. The value of the camera will still be amazing compared to the competition.
02-19-2018, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks the same as the K-1, save the badge. Seems like the major changes might all be on the inside.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I believe the hardware is the one we should be waiting for. Its a really an ugrade. Hopefully a better one just like the upgrade from K3 to K3II. FPS AF points, Video, Wrie speeds, flash sync speed, the top 10 or 15 complains from K1 has been addressed. Curve sensor.
02-19-2018, 03:48 PM - 1 Like   #12
JPT
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
I was a "bit" cynical when the rumoured specs first can out but I think a minor update is better than none at all. The value of the camera will still be amazing compared to the competition.
Agreed. A month ago nobody expected any kind of update to the K-1, but a month from now buyers will have the choice of a slightly better one or getting the existing K-1 a bit cheaper. Seems like a win for buyers.

Also, as a user of the K-5 IIs, I remember all the disappointment when that was released, but it has become a well regarded camera. There’s a difference between a newsworthy camera and a good one.
02-19-2018, 03:48 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
I believe the hardware is the one we should be waiting for. Its a really an ugrade. Hopefully a better one just like the upgrade from K3 to K3II. FPS AF points, Video, Wrie speeds, flash sync speed, the top 10 or 15 complains from K1 has been addressed. Curve sensor.
Unfortunately none of them will happen based on leaked specs... It is a firmware update 2.0 :-). Just kidding. Be patient and we will see in few days.
02-19-2018, 03:49 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
(...)

As already written: the K-1 II should be announced on Wednesday the 21st at 22:00 UTC.
02-19-2018, 03:49 PM - 1 Like   #15

At least we can discount it being a mirrorless.