Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2018, 03:03 AM - 1 Like   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Excellent. Time for hundreds of threads of wild speculation, wishful thinking and entitled whining....
Hang on, isn't that Facebook's job?

02-21-2018, 03:12 AM - 1 Like   #182
Veteran Member

Excellent. Time for hundreds of threads of wild speculation, wishful thinking and entitled whining....
Probably not enough time to wear out my K3s shutter though!
Although I could aim to shoot 500 cat photos a day
02-21-2018, 03:15 AM   #183

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just passing on what I was told by my local Pentax dealer.
The shutter went in my K3 and I didn't want to invest £230 to have a 4+ year old camera fixed.
I went to my local camera shop and said I had concerns about investing in a new K3II when a replacement could be imminent, he assured me the K3II replacement wasn't imminent and would probably released about this time next year.
He did confirm the K1II is imminent and the K1 will be dropping in price soon, he tried to persuade me to go FF but didn't succeed :-)
02-21-2018, 03:24 AM   #184
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
As I've already said Pentax offers many different alternatives and I love that! You have just to choose which suits your needs best
Yup, And there are numerous cameras that you can choose, even if Pentax is not on that list. In right hands, many cameras looks great. Especially new and shiny ones, but will that be game changer for everyone who buys one. I really doubt it. Find you thing and improve K-1 has been game changer for me. But not the way that I thought it would have been, now I know where I'm heading atleast.

02-21-2018, 03:53 AM   #185
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Find you thing and improve K-1 has been game changer for me. But not the way that I thought it would have been, now I know where I'm heading atleast.
I agree on that too. The mk2 looks promising and I'll wait to see how the new features affect it's performance I'm totally happy with my K-1, but if what I've read are true I will take the step up (even if my K-1 mk2 still carries the same SN - according to the initial nokishita camera rumours)
02-21-2018, 04:00 AM - 1 Like   #186
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mille19 Quote
Just passing on what I was told by my local Pentax dealer.
The shutter went in my K3 and I didn't want to invest £230 to have a 4+ year old camera fixed.
I went to my local camera shop and said I had concerns about investing in a new K3II when a replacement could be imminent, he assured me the K3II replacement wasn't imminent and would probably released about this time next year.
He did confirm the K1II is imminent and the K1 will be dropping in price soon, he tried to persuade me to go FF but didn't succeed :-)
K7 - 20 may 2009
K5 - 24 august 2010
K5II(s) - 11 september 2012
K3 - 8 october 2013
K3II - 23 april 2015
KP - 26 january 2017
K? - ........ 2019?

Since FF was added to their product line, and MF also needs an update, the schedule for APS-C may be a bit slower at present, but still I would expect a march-sept 2019 launch.
02-21-2018, 04:33 AM   #187
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
(...)

Perhaps Pentax should start a Kickstarter campaign. You want a new xyz? Sure, put your money down right here. When we have enough buyers we will build it.
They will soon do that for their new lenses, à la Meyer-Optik Görlitz:

Do you want an 85mm f/1.4? It's $799 for super early birds (10 units), $899 for early birds (50 units), $999 for the duration of the Kickstarter campaign, $1,199 for an engraved lens, $1,399 for a low serial number (9 units) and so on. Hurry up, the regular RRP will be $1,999.

02-21-2018, 04:38 AM - 2 Likes   #188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
They will soon do that for their new lenses, à la Meyer-Optik Görlitz:

Do you want an 85mm f/1.4? It's $799 for super early birds (10 units), $899 for early birds (50 units), $999 for the duration of the Kickstarter campaign, $1,199 for an engraved lens, $1,399 for a low serial number (9 units) and so on. Hurry up, the regular RRP will be $1,999.
I would happily subscribe for a 200mm macro...
02-21-2018, 04:40 AM   #189
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
I would happily subscribe for a 200mm macro...
+1 I woild like this one too. 200mm f4 sharp at f4
02-21-2018, 04:48 AM - 1 Like   #190
Pentaxian

A new teaser directly from ricohimaging.d.a.ch's Instagram account:

RICOH IMAGING ?? ?? ?? on Instagram: ?Etwas WunderVOLLes ist im Anmarsch. #ricoh #pentax #ricohimaging #wundervoll?

d.a.ch = D - A - CH means Deutschland (Germany) - Austria - Confederatio Helvetica (Switzerland) and corresponds to the way the respective country names are written on license plates and letters addresses. "Dach" also means "roof" in German. ricohimaging.d.a.ch is Ricoh Imaging's official account for German-speaking countries.

Note the play on words: "Etwas WunderVOLLes ist im Anmarsch." means "Something wonderful is on the way." but it should have been written "Etwas Wundervolles ist im Anmarsch."

"VOLL" (the same word as full in English) in capital letters stands out and immediately makes one think of "Vollformat" (full format).
02-21-2018, 04:49 AM   #191
Pentaxian

The Ricoh Imaging Germany Austria Switzerland facebook page is bringing a teaser. This one now with logo, but not revealing anything.
Anyhow, the presentation should follow soon.

Edit: thanks mistral, forgot to include the link anyway...
02-21-2018, 05:07 AM   #192
Veteran Member

I will start.

But I thought that is what life is about. Speculations, wishful thinking, entitlement.
02-21-2018, 05:16 AM   #193
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Because decisions involving millions of dollars are greenlit - or cancelled - by interdepartmental and boardroom battles based on real data modelling................
If only that were true. Kodak may still be around as a great company. I actually came to believe that the board of directors had charged the CEO with deliberately dismantling and destroying the company. Some Wall Street companies made tons and tons of money off the decline and death of Eastman Kodak Company. Several of the spun off and fire saled businesses have continued to do quite well. Eastman Kodak was much, much more than just a film company.
02-21-2018, 05:21 AM   #194
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
The mk2 will also bring AF upgrade, but we don't even mention it
Let's hope it's not the same "improvement" that we saw between K-3 and K-3 II. I still remember that I didn't upgraded to K-3 from my K-5 II because I wanted better af than K3 provided at that time and when Ricoh announced K-3 II with improved af over the initial K3, I bought it immediately (I was the first owner of K-3 II in Romania ). Then I've tested side by side K3 and K-3 II for 2 or 3 days and I found out that the af was exactly the same as it was on K3. That investment was the last one I made without renting before buying.
02-21-2018, 05:27 AM   #195
Pentaxian

From Nokishita Camera:

Twitter

- announcement on the 22nd (told ya!)
- prices at large retailers (i.e. slightly discounted price, 8% VAT included): ¥253,800 (body only) / ¥310,500 (kit with 28-105mm) (i.e. $2,199 / $2,679)
- scheduled release date: late April