Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2018, 03:57 PM   #241
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
" Additionally the current SR logo on the PENTAX K-1 MKII will be replaced with the new PENTAX K-1 MKII logo"
Yeah i think its just going to say "SRII" instead of "SR" but the logo on the new one looks the same as on the Mk.I, maybe that's just not an updated photo.

02-21-2018, 03:58 PM   #242
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
" Additionally the current SR logo on the PENTAX K-1 MKII will be replaced with the new PENTAX K-1 MKII logo"
Seriously? The logic board and new logo for $550? Way to go, Ricoh!!

QuoteOriginally posted by zazism_rx Quote
Yeah i think its just going to say "SRII" instead of "SR" but the logo on the new one looks the same as on the Mk.I, maybe that's just not an updated photo.
Even so, that's still impressive. And owners of the upgraded K-1 who subsequently sell their cameras in future (when the K-2 comes out) will have a camera that's visibly differentiated, so potential buyers will realise it has added value. Nice
02-21-2018, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #243
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With Hi Res Samples

The Pentax K-1 Mark II Has Arrived & We Have Sample Photos To Share
02-21-2018, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #244
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not sure I can remember any company offering such a hardware upgrade. Firmware, sure.

02-21-2018, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #245
Pentaxian

On the other forum people are whining about the upgrade being paid and not instantaneous.
02-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #246
Veteran Member

You know. When you (Pentax) keep pushing AstroTracer and the high ISO features of the camera. You really should include pictures using the features/settings.
02-21-2018, 04:13 PM - 3 Likes   #247
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
On the other forum people are whining about the upgrade being paid and not instantaneous.
Can I just say, if that starts to happen over here, I may well overstep my moderating boundaries...

How can anyone complain about this?! Anyway, let's hope that PentaxForums members are a better class of owner...

02-21-2018, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #248
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Seriously? The logic board and new logo for $550? Way to go, Ricoh!!
The logic board is a $50 commodity; but the artist painting the "II"s on the camera is expensive!
02-21-2018, 04:16 PM - 2 Likes   #249
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll wait for post-market surveillance first, but will almost certainly pay to have at least one of my K-1 bodies upgraded.
This is an astounding service to be offering to existing K-1 customers.
02-21-2018, 04:17 PM   #250
Pentaxian

Yeah, I'll also want to see exactly what are the differences, and if we'll get some of the features via a firmware update.
But it is tempting; I would surely try that Dynamic Pixel Shift thing. And, the upgrade program was rumored (leaked) a while back; sounded too good to be true.
02-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #251
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The logic board is a $50 commodity; but the artist painting the "II"s on the camera is expensive!
If you can get me the board for $50, I'll buy the outgoing K-1 right now... and I don't care about the labelling
02-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #252
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I'll wait for post-market surveillance first, but will almost certainly pay to have at least one of my K-1 bodies upgraded.
This is an astounding service to be offering to existing K-1 customers.
Pretty sure I'll do it too - assuming it is offered in Oz too that is!

Will be very interested to see really how good this new high ISO performance is. And any improvements to PS would be good to have (even though I dont do a great deal of hand held shooting, it is always good to have the newest developments on board).

Most likely I wouldnt have bought the Mkii so offering an upgrade is a great service
02-21-2018, 04:28 PM   #253
Forum Member

I've seen all the parts that go into these little camera things... I'll leave taking it apart to the professionals.
02-21-2018, 04:28 PM - 4 Likes   #254
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LukeOB Quote

Most likely I wouldnt have bought the Mkii so offering an upgrade is a great service
Wonderful lateral thinking by Pentax ... basically selling the new model to existing owners, by compromise.

A niche camera maker has to be inventive like that, well done!
02-21-2018, 04:29 PM   #255
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The upgrade looks intriguing. I wonder what the turnaround time will be in the US??? Great way for Ricoh to recover some extra R&D money too.