Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #46
Pentaxian

I guess this can be obtain with true electronic shutter + enhanced sensor discharge.
But there will inevitably be a speed exposure limit.

02-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Does this mean we need to drink lots of coffee so our hands shake enough for the tech to work?
I believe there are a couple of sachets in the box with the camera (yet to be confirmed)
02-20-2018, 12:24 PM - 2 Likes   #48
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I believe there are a couple of sachets in the box with the camera (yet to be confirmed)
Well, I hope it tastes better than the little granulated crystal bags usually supplied. They make a *dreadful* cup of coffee...
02-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
Ha!
I love it!

Even though I'm asking the question of why one is released before the other...

But still, who am I kidding?
I can't afford a new camera body right now, even if they released a K-3iV with self-drive mode and cruise control with lane assist...
I kinda get the APSc flagship issue. I think they’re waiting on Sony and working on major systems improvements while they wait - that will show up in all three format flagship upgrades in fall 2018, spring 2019 and winter 2019. But wow. My company has more assets than Pentax and I’m a high-quality dirtball.

02-20-2018, 12:26 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Well, I hope it tastes better than the little granulated crystal bags usually supplied. They make a *dreadful* cup of coffee...
02-20-2018, 12:41 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
1) Duration of stabilization:

The K-1's SR system sensors only needs to be accurate for 1 shutter speed time.

The K-1ii's SR+PS system sensors needs to be sufficiently accurate for period of 4 shutter speed times plus about 3/4 second of sensor data read-out.

2) Accuracy: Also, SR+PS is a lot less forgiving of error than plain single-shot SR.

During single-shot SR, uncorrected shifts of up to a pixel merely create slight blurring of the image. A serious pixel peeper might be disappointed but the image is not ruined.

But for PS, uncorrected errors of even half a pixel on any of the four shots creates very obnoxious checkerboard color artifacts on all the edges in the scene.
Besides the fact that it is just a rumor... the Dynamic PS, if it is not using the SR system for SR, but instead for PS, would just have to detect the amount of movement of the camera, not correct for it, if it can accurately tell how much the image "moved" on the sensor for each shot. The advancement in the SR II for pixel shift might not be that it has 8x precise sensor movement, but that it would be able to tell how much movement occurred, so it would know how to line the frames up.
02-20-2018, 01:12 PM   #52
Veteran Member

It does not take a whole lot of effort to completely ruin a PS exposure with K-1. It sounds very dubious at best that handholding would work. It does not remove the core problem - something in the environment moves. This sounds like trying to convince users that IBIS removes subject shake.

02-20-2018, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
They didn't buy a feature upgrade plan.
As a K-1 owner, yes. This.

I expect the changes are at the hardware level as well as the software and could not be walked back into the older camera. There may be some image processing tweaks that can be retrofitted in firmware, but that's about all I would seriously expect.
02-20-2018, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #54
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote

Does anyone know what the words "wireless sync" mean in the section on flash specs?
Wireless sync is the ability of a body to combine with a shoe mounted speedlight to act as a P-TTL controller to other P-TTL speedlights that are off-camera. It's done by flashes before the picture's taken.

02-20-2018, 01:55 PM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Does this mean we need to drink lots of coffee so our hands shake enough for the tech to work?
You have any idea what this means if you forget to turn off SR on a tripod?

Soon we'll have one of those little warning label thingies proclaiming risks only known to the state of California
02-20-2018, 02:10 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Wireless sync is the ability of a body to combine with a shoe mounted speedlight to act as a P-TTL controller to other P-TTL speedlights that are off-camera. It's done by flashes before the picture's taken.
Thank you.
02-20-2018, 02:16 PM - 4 Likes   #57
Veteran Member

Not long until you will get all your answers!
02-20-2018, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #58
Pentaxian

It takes so long I guess the answer must be "42"....
02-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is K-1 ll the answer to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It takes so long I guess the answer must be "42"....
Heh.

“The answer to this is very simple,” Adams said. “It was a joke.”

Last edited by monochrome; 02-20-2018 at 02:33 PM.
02-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #60
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
am i the only person handholding ps on the k-1? maybe with next version we can use flash