Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2008, 06:43 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In response to your comments..

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
The trouble is that his "blog" consistently comes up very high in internet searches (which he helps by placing links to it everywhere he can) and when potential Pentax purchasers decide to look Pentax up they are assaulted with his drivel, misinformation and pseudo-scientific measurbations. I know one guy at work who bought a Nikon because of what he saw on RH's site. Unfortunatley it was too late for me to tell him the truth about Pentax as he had several thousand dollars tied up in Nikon lenses when he mentioned it 2 weeks ago.
But then it has been for many times that quite some different Pentax users (new and old) told that they were too late to discover my site, so? :-)

As for internet, its just a system that full of hyperlinks. Have a will to mind about or even want to control about linking in the internet or logging by search engine is absurd, as I think no single entity on this planet could do so and get the complete control - even the highest traffic site like DPR have been trying to do so, but.. we all know about the results!

Moreover, as for who generates traffic to who is just an unknown thing. Take the example that last time when I posted my blog link about the latest official info from Pentax of the coming new APS-C DSLR and news about a Full Frame Pentax DSLR: Even when before Mod Joele deleted my posted blog link in my post, indeed the page views hit count to my page is far more than the number of views as recorded in that thread opened by me at the Forum (Yes, before Joele deleted my blog link in post). But then, when I posted a link in here, automatically there will be a backlink in my blog entry to link it back from my blog to the PentaxForums. So?

P.S. For that blog article of mine, I did only post my blog link here at the PentaxForums SOLEY! Again, SO?

QuoteQuote:
Ricey, if you read this, and IF you are really a Pentax fan and are only doing what you do to try to influence Pentax to make better products (as you claim), then you are contributing directly to any downturn in sales that Pentax might be experiencing.
I don't think I am just so influential as you supposed. Instead, I think people should have their own judgment and their own ability to do the research, before they decided and acted. There are quite some other Pentax blogs out there, including the semi-official Ned Bunnell's one, why people had to make judgment solely on my findings and opinions?? (If what you said are right)

In fact, the prime concern and aspiration of mine is just better Pentax products. If Pentax have better products and have edges in the competition, automatically, their sales will go up.

Do remember the universal truth: the market tells the differences!

QuoteQuote:
THIS is why I do reply and react to RH's posts. Knowledgable and real-world users of Pentax cameras and lenses need to counter RH's misinformation. We do this by refuting his claims and showing results achieved with Pentax equipment.
Of course, for a free-speech society, you are free and welcome to express any of your opinions and discuss it publicly. And, as I said, people will judge.

09-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #47
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Doubletalk - The words seem to say something important, yet we don’t really know what that something is. Double talk is a trap of the sort set by those tailors who made the emperor’s new clothes. It is used to overwhelm the uninitiated, it too is meant to deceive or give a false impression of competence.

RiceHigh, normally I just ignore anything you say as the ravings of a paid shill from some other camera company. But this one really shows you grasping at straws to denigrate Pentax. In the past you've used false and in some cases just downright silly science to prove....well really it proved nothing. But to a novice looking for information on DSLRs your doubletalk sounded like legitimate information. I guess some people will do anything for a paycheck.

CW
09-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #48
Inactive Account

Last edited by augustmoon; 09-03-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Accidently hit return button
09-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #49
Inactive Account

RH,

Gee, and just what is it you think you're intrepreting from all this? I fail to see the point...

Keep us posted if you discover they've actually decided to stop making a DSLR- related product, or if some weird reason they decide to relocate a DSLR body-lens related plant TO China.

Switching from where things are made from one location to another could either be bad or good. Fail to see how moving (if that's what they are doing) a manufacturing or assembly production OUT of China could be a bad thing. Maybe this will actually help with QC problems and issues, but most likely only concerns some cheap products being made and assembled cheaply. Their best stuff has and is that which was made in Japan.

09-03-2008, 09:48 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Rh, Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are an Idiot....

Idiot is a word derived from the Greek ἰδιώτης, idiōtēs ("person lacking professional skill," "a private citizen," "individual"), from ἴδιος, idios ("private," "one's own").[1] In Latin the word idiota ("ordinary person, layman") preceded the Late Latin meaning "uneducated or ignorant person."[2] Its modern meaning and form dates back to Middle English around the year 1300, from the Old French idiote ("uneducated or ignorant person"). The related word idiocy dates to 1487 and may have been analogously modeled on the words prophet[3] and prophecy.[4][5] The word has cognates in many other languages.
Idiot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
09-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #51
Veteran Member

I really think that Mr. Rice High ought to work at Pentax damage control. Everytime he (?) posts his rumours in big letters and exclamation marks, people just read through the real material and see that it is nothing .

Well, at least he is supporting the site, or something...:ugh:

Last edited by Jonson PL; 09-05-2008 at 10:59 AM.
09-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #52

Oh dear god, please help me....my head is about to explode!

Perhaps you (and I am included) should "shun" the disbeliever and only respond to those posters (anyone) who are positive, and add relevant information and discussion to the forum.

Certainly Mr. High has the right to speak, but we are not obliged to respond in kind.

I have spoken.

09-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
""The dissolution of the subsidiary has minimal impacts on consolidated performance""

In other words service and performance are separate in Hoya's mind and if it's not making cash it gets axed.

As for PSV

"PENTAX SCANDINAVIA AB (PSV) was a 100% owned subsidiary of PENTAX
Corporation, and has engaged in sales of optical equipments in North Europe.
However, in order to improve the business efficiency, PSV was reorganized as a branch of
PENTAX EUROPE GMBH.:"

This is old news it was planned and announced since 2007, the closure is only now taking effect.

In short nothing really new here RH.
That also sounds like they handled optical equipment in general, like medical imaging equipment, not necessarily camera lenses.
09-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This is old news. Nothing to do with Hoya. Decided before the Hoya takeover.
09-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not Really..

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
This is old news. Nothing to do with Hoya. Decided before the Hoya takeover.
Not really. The Pentax Scandinavia was decided to be liquidated last year whilst the official announcement was made in August. At that time, Hoya already held more than 90% of the Pentax stock.

For the other two subsidiaries, the decision and announcement were made just within the recent 30 days.
09-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #56
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rice High = too much sake