Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 218 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2018, 03:40 AM   #91
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
How to tell? I've seen his haircut, but I haven't seen yours.
I'm not in the habit of taking pictures of myself

But in short(!) I cut my own hair about every three weeks, as short as it gets.

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Well, this is Savoche's Tinder pic:
Now, that would be cool! Impractical, but cool.

Umm, how did we end up here, then...

In an attempt to get back on topic; I think this offer from Ricoh is great. Not only for us consumers, but also as a marketing stunt.

02-22-2018, 03:59 AM - 1 Like   #92

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But is it more attractive than a K-70? And what will the wife say?
What she doesn't know wont hurt you. Tell her you have to send it in for repairs and get them to leave the original K1 logo on lol
02-22-2018, 04:15 AM - 2 Likes   #93
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Come on Sandy, come up with something original
When the whingers come up with something original, I will
02-22-2018, 04:34 AM   #94
Pentaxian

So what benefits will the upgrade give me?
Since the sensor is the same I guess image quality will not improve at all (unless maybe if you shoot jpeg).

02-22-2018, 04:37 AM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Wow! I'm definitely in. I was going to pass on the II version, but this is great.

For some reason I think there will be even more to come.

I'm getting nice results at iso 4000 with the K1 already. This is substantially cropped. Will the K1 II even be better than this?
Derekkite, I am curious: You have the DA*300 and the Sigma 4.5 500mm - which one did you shoot that scaup with?

I have been waiting a while to update my K3, but maybe actually combining the 500mm with a K1II wouldn't be that bad an option. I mean, the lens is so heavy anyway that the size of the house barely matters, and as for the crop factor... I can just crop.
02-22-2018, 04:56 AM - 2 Likes   #96
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Since the sensor is the same I guess image quality will not improve at all (unless maybe if you shoot jpeg).
I guess you might be right if you only ever shoot at base ISO on a tripod.

For the other 99% of us, who occasionally shoot in the real world, Pixel Shift II and the Accelerator Unit promise real improvements in hand held resolution and high ISO noise.
02-22-2018, 05:20 AM - 1 Like   #97
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
And so is Kenspo for divulging this, BUT,the 700 ozzy smackaroo Q is, will it get to OZ?
Well, you wouldn't ask a Scandinavian that, Surfar, you know they're all lying drunk and sunburnt having a great time on our beaches at the moment, there's no time for camera business!

02-22-2018, 05:29 AM - 2 Likes   #98
Pentaxian

they're all lying drunk and sunburnt having a great time on our beaches at the moment!
I wish......
02-22-2018, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, you wouldn't ask a Scandinavian that, Surfar, you know they're all lying drunk and sunburnt having a great time on our beaches at the moment, there's no time for camera business!
Aawwwww, you forgot to invite me!
02-22-2018, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #100
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Aawwwww, you forgot to invite me!
Come along MetteHHH ... I've met a couple of Danes and several Swedes this summer so far, great people... no Norwegians yet. My wife has some Norwegian ancestry, but that doesn't really count.

I even had a Danish pork dinner the other night, there was that brown sauce over everything on the plate - loved it!
02-22-2018, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks clackers, I could definitely use a taste of beach and summer right now. But if I run away from work, how will I ever afford a K1II?

Pork with "brun sovs" sounds very Danish indeed.
02-22-2018, 07:11 AM   #102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Derekkite, I am curious: You have the DA*300 and the Sigma 4.5 500mm - which one did you shoot that scaup with?

I have been waiting a while to update my K3, but maybe actually combining the 500mm with a K1II wouldn't be that bad an option. I mean, the lens is so heavy anyway that the size of the house barely matters, and as for the crop factor... I can just crop.
That is with the 150-450. I'm beginning to really like this combination.
02-22-2018, 07:11 AM   #103
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
the upgrade is for the silver versions too... mentioned on the pentax jp fb page i think.
02-22-2018, 07:22 AM - 2 Likes   #104
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Wouldn't have minded

I've met a couple of Danes and several Swedes this summer so far, great people... no Norwegians yet.
I'm sure we're there - it's just hard to spot us, humble as we are
02-22-2018, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Sorry - haven't you been reading? An understandable mistake, given the circumstances, but it's well known that Ricoh sucks at marketing, like everything else. ( )
Although I'd agree with you over and over any other day of the year, their swift move yesterday has convinced me to future-spend $550 on a camera I'm already over the moon about. So that's a price higher than any other camera body I've ever bought, for something I already love.

We Pentaxians seem like a pretty stingy bunch, and they've found a way to squeeze a few more coins out of us with us being happy about it. Pretty stellar little idea there!

Now if they'd only wake up to the power of social media, empower their current brand ambassadors to get on the megaphone about the PK system, and bring in a small team of new brand ambassadors from a wide array of photo genres, well, then they'd be approaching a sensible 2010s strategy.