Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2018, 05:20 AM - 2 Likes   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
You seems to be into landscapes and because of that you tend to look with different eyes at K1 Mark II which was targeted from the beginning at landscape photographers, and tend to "close your eyes" at things like af, burst rate, 4k video, buffer capacity, SD writing speed, tethered transfer...
Why is it so difficult to grasp the concept of Pentax making one camera aimed at 'generalists'?

02-22-2018, 05:41 AM - 3 Likes   #77
Pentaxian

from the youtube video

ATTENTION: Pentax has changed the ISO comparison in the video. The second image is correct.
Attached Images

Last edited by Andrea K; 03-05-2018 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Pentax has changed the iso comparison in the video
02-22-2018, 05:45 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxke Quote
.the early adopters will tell us if the shutter problem for one has been fixed in this II version... Please can you elaborate? A quick search didn't bring anything up...
There is plenty of talk in the K-1 threads, apparently there is for some a shutter shake at certain mid way shutter speeds, making things a little soft, with certain lenses, the K-1 mob should comment
02-22-2018, 05:54 AM   #79
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
There is plenty of talk in the K-1 threads, apparently there is for some a shutter shake at certain mid way shutter speeds, making things a little soft, with certain lenses, the K-1 mob should comment
Yeah, the way around it, for whatever the lenses are meant to be, you either keep above 1/100s or use the electronic shutter.

Now, the electronic shutter in the K-1 only works in Live View, but maybe the K-1 II doesn't require that.

02-22-2018, 06:04 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yeah, the way around it, for whatever the lenses are meant to be, you either keep above 1/100s or use the electronic shutter.

Now, the electronic shutter in the K-1 only works in Live View, but maybe the K-1 II doesn't require that.
Can you point me to such a thread? This is the first I heard about it...
02-22-2018, 06:05 AM - 1 Like   #81
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote

Or just crank the ISO and shoot at a faster shutter speed. With the Accelerator Unit on the K-1 Mark II that should be a free kick.
02-22-2018, 06:05 AM   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll have a look, yes, but later, late, too tired now, off to bed shortly

02-22-2018, 06:06 AM   #83
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Look up "shutter shock"
02-22-2018, 06:09 AM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

try read this thread: some information here.
New K-1 disappointment - PentaxForums.com
02-22-2018, 06:20 AM   #85
Veteran Member

I'll have a look, yes, but later, late, too tired now, off to bed shortly
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Look up "shutter shock"
try read this thread: some information here.
New K-1 disappointment - PentaxForums.com
Thank you Guys!
02-22-2018, 06:28 AM   #86
Pentaxian

shutter shock is hardly any problem, if one knows how to avoid it. I do personally think that there is no problem, this is the thing with cameras with moving mirror, even mirrorles cameras has this, due curtain movement. i do think that pentax K-1 handles that really well. key element is, for any problem. if you konw that SS appears in certain shutter speed, with any lens...avoid that by going slower or faster. do not sit there where problem is -> broblem solved. (or hone up your technique/skills)
02-22-2018, 06:38 AM   #87
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
shutter shock is hardly any problem, if one knows how to avoid it. I do personally think that there is no problem, this is the thing with cameras with moving mirror, even mirrorles cameras has this, due curtain movement. i do think that pentax K-1 handles that really well. key element is, for any problem. if you konw that SS appears in certain shutter speed, with any lens...avoid that by going slower or faster. do not sit there where problem is -> broblem solved. (or hone up your technique/skills)
Certainly full frame shutters - they're big.

The Sony A7R is notorious for it.

02-22-2018, 06:51 AM - 6 Likes   #88
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gedeon Quote
Am I the only one here to think it's a non-event? Everyone's smug for a very minor advance of the K-1... I don't see anything fundamentally revolutionary in these few new developments. Just the impression that pentax remains on a defensive position, and stagnates more than it advances. Sorry, for me I only see here a rather disturbing sign, open to you to see a outstanding spirit of innovation....
Are you equally disappointed with firmware updates? Exactly what were you expecting? Oh yes, until a week ago, absolutely nothing, now you have something and it isn't enough.
Sheesh.
02-22-2018, 06:59 AM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting to see if they've got any surprises left in the locker for CP+
02-22-2018, 06:59 AM   #90

I don't want to sound like a broken record as this has probably been said already in the pages of this thread but...to me this update is a bit rushed and doesn't offer that much to make me want to trade my 1 yr old K1 for the MKII...
I know the K1 is more geared towards landscape photographers, I'm one, that's one of the reasons I chose it for but think they could've waited more to improve in the areas the camera is weaker.

I take lots of landscape pics, but also wildlife and portraits and in these two latter cases I could use some more AF accuracy and speed and burst rate. 4K video...well that would certainly be nice but I can live with 1080 30FPS for the moment although that's a bit dated...USB 2...definitely yes (K3 MKII has USB 2...)...Considering this is Pentax flagship camera I think they could have waited and make it a more well rounded one, and please don't tell me "there's Nikon or Canon for this", I love my K1 and since I bought in a system with lenses and accessories, I would like to use it for the more things possible.