Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2018, 07:22 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

The official presentation (Ricoh) of the Pentax Mark II

Without wishing to speculate on the voices of these days, Ricoh has finally unveiled in detail the real novelties of the Pentax K1 MkII.

Ricoh Pentax Mk II PENTAX K-1 Mark II 35mm full-frame digital SLR camera: The new flagship model of the PENTAX K series, providing exceptional image quality and unprecedented performance?RICOH IMAGING

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
02-21-2018, 07:37 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Woot!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-21-2018, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The specs look good, they don't seem to showcase a "substantial" improvement over the older K1 but then again the K1 is already a great camera. I don't see any specs on the sensor. Looks to me like an v1.5 upgrade rather than a 2.0.
02-21-2018, 07:59 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
not an substantial upgrade IMO to warrant selling my trusty K1.....
Thst is why they offer the upgrade.

02-21-2018, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For those who want to enter the FF world ... this is it !
02-21-2018, 08:50 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
The specs look good, they don't seem to showcase a "substantial" improvement over the older K1 but then again the K1 is already a great camera. I don't see any specs on the sensor. Looks to me like an v1.5 upgrade rather than a 2.0.
Most of the 'upgrade' is in the words people skip on their rush to the specs .... the 'accelerator' {whatever that is} and the new stuff that seems to make the pixel shift more useful.
02-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Too little and too late... Pentax is doomed (since 2005)...

If I only had the $$$$...

02-21-2018, 09:06 PM - 2 Likes   #8

glad I held off on my K1 purchase. K1 ii here I come! when will it be in stock?
02-21-2018, 09:14 PM - 4 Likes   #9
Veteran Member

Total disappointment.
02-21-2018, 09:17 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Quick question : does the accelerator improve RAW files or only JPG output?
02-21-2018, 09:18 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Thst is why they offer the upgrade.
Upgrade is $550 USD: https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/images/KI_KII_Upgrade_Service.pdf

Product page: https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/index.php/component/eshop/pentax-k-1-ii

Sample photos: https://www.ephotozine.com/article/the-pentax-k-1-mark-ii-has-arrived---we-h...o-share--31980
02-21-2018, 09:18 PM - 6 Likes   #12

Am I the only one here to think it's a non-event? Everyone's smug for a very minor advance of the K-1... I don't see anything fundamentally revolutionary in these few new developments. Just the impression that pentax remains on a defensive position, and stagnates more than it advances. Sorry, for me I only see here a rather disturbing sign, open to you to see a outstanding spirit of innovation....
02-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
what does this mean?
QuoteQuote:
Additionally the current SR logo on the PENTAX K-1 MKII will be replaced with
the new PENTAX K-1 MKII logo
02-21-2018, 09:26 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gedeon Quote
Am I the only one here to think it's a non-event? Everyone's smug for a very minor advance of the K-1... I don't see anything fundamentally revolutionary in these few new developments. Just the impression that pentax remains on a defensive position, and stagnates more than it advances. Sorry, for me I only see here a rather disturbing sign, open to you to see a outstanding spirit of innovation....
I think that the Pixel Shift Resolution II is cool.
02-21-2018, 09:27 PM - 1 Like   #15
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
5. SAFOX 12 with 33 sensor points and full-frame-proportioned AF frame

Thanks to the SAFOX 12 AF sensor module with 33 AF sensors (25 cross-type sensors positioned in the middle), the PENTAX K-1 Mark II optimizes the autofocus process, and assures high-speed autofocus operation in the AF.S (AF Single) mode. The center sensor and two sensors located just above and below it are designed to detect the light flux of an F2.8 lens, making it easy to obtain pinpoint focus on a subject when using a large-aperture lens. Its AF Tracking algorithm has also been revised to improve tracking accuracy of fast-moving subjects in the AF.C (AF Continuous) mode.
That is an interesting blurb to me. They seem to be speaking specifically of the mark II having improvements in AF.C?

here is the blurb about autofocus from the K-1 mark 1:

QuoteQuote:
4. Newly developed SAFOX 12 with 33 sensor points and full-frame-proportioned AF frame

The K-1 features a newly developed SAFOX 12 AF sensor module with an expanded AF frame covering the full-frame image field with 33 AF sensors (25 cross-type sensors positioned in the middle). The center sensor and the two sensors located just above and below it are designed to detect the light flux of an F2.8 lens, making it easy to obtain pinpoint focus on a subject when using a large-aperture lens. Working together with the advanced PENTAX Real-Time Scene Analysis System, this AF system assures much improved AF tracking performance when photographing fast-moving subjects.
Or is that still referring to a comparison of it and SAFOX 11?