Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 89 Likes Search this Thread
02-27-2018, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #106
Veteran Member

If you are not willing to make a mirror-less Full Frame camera, would you consider making a compact (K-5 sized) Full Frame DSLR with less megapixels (say 24 or 28) for those who don't need the 36 megapixels that is in the K-1 II?

02-27-2018, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Frankly, I don't think you'd get real answers to the questions that are currently on my mind:
  • So what's up with the GR? It's way overdue for an update and has a cult following... ("We are investigating.")
  • Will the next APS-C body at least have 1080p @ 60fps video? I mean, please. ("We can't discuss future products.")
  • Speaking of that, when will we get the next APS-C body, roughly? ("We can't discuss future products.")
  • Why is lens development so slow? ("We are prioritizing quality and bla bla bla.")
  • How was the decision to put less buffer in the KP than the K-70 taken? ("?" Actually, I do wonder that they'd say about this one...)

Last edited by Doundounba; 02-27-2018 at 08:13 PM.
02-27-2018, 09:40 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
1. What Camera / lenses each of them are using and like the most?
and from a user point of view,
2. what do they like?
3. what do they think can be improved?
02-27-2018, 10:44 PM   #109
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hope I’m not too late for this.

Usual questions from the last 5 years again please:

1) video mechanical stabilisation back please. Now present on about 5 other camera brands.

2) video in general, can we have significant increase in bit rates from the 2012 offering presently given.

3) clean high quality hdmi out, so we can at least attach our gear to something that can record video properly.

4) Eye AF. This sounds massively useful and is now offered on several other brands.

Comments and an idea of commitment to any/all of the above would be much appreciated thanks.

02-28-2018, 01:39 AM - 1 Like   #110
Veteran Member

Knowing that the K1 buffer is a problem for many users, why (looks like) the K1ii did not fix that issue??
02-28-2018, 03:57 AM   #111
Pentaxian

I would like them to leverage Composition Adjustment. Have a mode where it automatically moves the sensor to the upper left, upper right, lower left and lower right. Then it composites the photo.

That would be wicked cool and useful for architecture, macro still life and other purposes.
02-28-2018, 04:28 AM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
I would like them to leverage Composition Adjustment. Have a mode where it automatically moves the sensor to the upper left, upper right, lower left and lower right. Then it composites the photo.

That would be wicked cool and useful for architecture, macro still life and other purposes.
Interesting thought - it would certainly be in line with Pentax's maximisation of the floating sensor, which is where they have the field to themselves in DSLRs

02-28-2018, 11:06 AM   #113
Pentaxian

What happened to the firmware update for the K-1 that was supposed to come in December but was cancelled. Can we expect it anytime soon and will it be significant (as in new features en real improvements instead of just bug fixes.)
02-28-2018, 12:11 PM   #114
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote

Plus one to this feature.

On another note, this would be a firmware change, and this is another area I'd like to ask about.
Pentax is not releasing new features via firmware like many other companies are now, so I'd like to see features like the above suggestion pushed out to users as a free upgrade of their existing hardware investment.

Likewise the return of mechanical sensor stabilisation during video mode IF any of the older models (2012 onwards now) are physically capable of supporting this.
02-28-2018, 01:04 PM   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do they see a slowdown in development of new APSC sensors and, if so, how will that impact the development cycle for new APSC format cameras?
02-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #116
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Pentax is not releasing new features via firmware like many other companies are now
Yes they are, as of late at least. The K-1 and/or 645Z got the major features added later in the K-70/KP (night vision, 20 second bulb shots, electronic shutter support). The KP even got full USB tethering support through a software update!

But, given limited resources, hardware-related features or older models will probably be ignored.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/pentax-k-1-review/firmware-additions.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-28-2018, 01:48 PM   #117
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
How was the decision to put less buffer in the KP than the K-70 taken? ("?" Actually, I do wonder that they'd say about this one...)
I think the buffer is the same, but the KP has a higher frame rate, so it fills up faster.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-28-2018, 02:09 PM   #118

1. Are Pentax planning on adding 4k video to the next top level APSC body?
2. When will Pentax offer pro level video features such as: log encoding, higher bitrates, and clean hdmi output, in their pro level bodies?
3. Does Pentax plan to improve wireless tethering support on future models?
4. Is autofocus performance and overall camera responsiveness a priority in future camera development?
02-28-2018, 02:10 PM   #119
Veteran Member

I would like the in camera focus stacking function. Please ask if it is possible in the future.
02-28-2018, 02:17 PM   #120
Pentaxian

Does Pentax plan on improving marketing efforts?

Do the K-1 II improvements make a significant difference for AF tracking?

What is the APS-C strategy moving forward?

How does the company see itself in the current market, with Sony and Fuji getting all the marketing hype and market shares?