Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2018, 11:48 PM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Using Greek letters to appeal to fun loving people who place indiscriminate framing and social media above careful composition and IQ seems ill-advised to me.

You may be right. I'd expect it to pan out differently in different markets though.

02-24-2018, 12:07 AM - 1 Like   #62
Veteran Member

Release of lenses and a APS-c flagship has been slower than many users have expected. Do you know if factors such as upgrading the Body and Lens AF modules or lack of sensor availibility from sony are behind the delays?

The Full Frame Road map shows both high end DFA* primes and what looks like a more affordable 70-300 and 20mm prime. Does pentax also have plans for their traditional F1.8 limited primes or a F4 zoom range?

Is Pentax considering working with Tamron again like with the 15-30 and 24-70 to get more lenses to market, or do they prefer in house designs at a slower pace from here?

We are seeing the development of PLM and Ring SDM motors in recent lens releases, are there plans to overhaul the existing DA series at some point?
02-24-2018, 12:12 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
For nerds, yes.

Using Greek letters to appeal to fun loving people who place indiscriminate framing and social media above careful composition and IQ seems ill-advised to me.
Alpha worked well enough.
02-24-2018, 12:25 AM - 1 Like   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwoodworth Quote
That would be a shame.. "Theta" is such a great name for what it is!

Theta - Wikipedia
The Wikipedia article says it was the Greek symbol of death - as in RicohisDOOMED? ()

02-24-2018, 12:48 AM - 1 Like   #65
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
The Wikipedia article says it was the Greek symbol of death
Well, not from what i just read.

The symbol of the 8th letter of the alphabet is a zero with a horizontal line thru the middle...So the camera vision revolves on an axis and gives a spherical view....What a GREAT symbol to market your unique camera on!

A well thought out concept that 2 lenses are each capturing a 180 degree view and showing the full circle...kinda

---------- Post added 02-24-18 at 06:52 PM ----------

RicohisDOOMED? ()
Yes, or is that FAKE NEWS?
02-24-2018, 01:08 AM - 1 Like   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
"In ancient times, Tau was used as a symbol for life or resurrection, whereas the eighth letter of the Greek alphabet, theta, was considered the symbol of death." That's from Wikipedia.

Look, I'm a Pentax user for over 30 years, knocking the brand would be calling myself a fool - it was a joke!
02-24-2018, 01:22 AM - 1 Like   #67
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Alpha worked well enough.
Θ

Is a nice letter, word that sounds well and a symbol that beautifully depicts the 360* photography. I liked the name from the first time I heard it.

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote

The symbol of the 8th letter of the alphabet is a zero with a horizontal line thru the middle...So the camera vision revolves on an axis and gives a spherical view....What a GREAT symbol to market your unique camera on!

A well thought out concept that 2 lenses are each capturing a 180 degree view and showing the full circle...kinda[COLOR="Silver"]
^^ Exactly that

02-24-2018, 01:44 AM   #68
Pentaxian

Greek symbol of death
Nothing to worry about really...Pentax is Japanese,long way from Greece!
02-24-2018, 02:00 AM - 1 Like   #69

I think all questions the answer will be: "maybe" or "we will see it"
02-24-2018, 02:19 AM   #70

QuoteOriginally posted by xabolcs Quote
I think all questions the answer will be: "maybe" or "we will see it"

Or something like "we are invetigating this topic at the moment"
02-24-2018, 02:21 AM - 3 Likes   #71
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mani Quote
[B]its only a conversation if both parties are willing to talk.
And the best chance we have of achieving that is to be courteous, constructive and positive in the questions we ask, and the way we phrase them.

In my business dealings, if someone were to spit rhetorical questions containing thinly-veiled criticisms and accusations at me, I'd have zero interest in listening to them further. I'd simply smile and show them the door.

How about we extend Ricoh the same courtesies we'd like for ourselves?
02-24-2018, 04:02 AM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Please post your suggestions for our annual interview with Pentax reps.
Hi Adam,

My questions:

1. Are we going to see the new roadmapped 645 zoom lenses this year?

2. Has the 645z reached the end of its cycle and due for an update this year?

3. It it your plan to keep the 645 system as an OVF based body and not move to mirrorless?

Finally

4. Is Ricoh still committed to the 645 system or have they moved on to focus on FF?
02-24-2018, 05:12 AM   #73

1.VIDEO -When will come the promised Video SR firmware upgrade?1080P 60fps?4K video?HDMI clean out?
2.THIRD PARTY-Why the k mount no longer interests third-party manufacturers like sigma ?wHAT HAPPENED?SIGMA GIVES UP PENTAX OR PENTAX GIVES UP SIGMA? Is it really impossible to conclude commercial deals with them ?
3.LENS- the future about KAF4 MOUNT and PLM
4.CAMERA-the future abount mirrorless?improve auto-focusing?
5.COMMUNICATION-Let the developement team to communicate with pentaxforums
6.MARKETING-since the pentax YouTube channel never updates often like FUJI and LUMIX channel,HOW CAN PENTAX LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT PENTAX?

Last edited by peaceyin; 02-24-2018 at 05:19 AM.
02-24-2018, 06:34 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Is there any plan to come up with a DFA version of the light-weight gem 20-40/2.8-4.0 Limited lens?
Great question! I remember asking a Pentax rep the same when I first held a K-1. I had looked at the DFA's and concluded that the combination of the K-1 with the DFA's was just too big for me... A DFA30-60 in the same vain as the DA20-40 might be exactly what's needed to convince me to give up on APS-C (partly at least).

Wim
02-24-2018, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #75
Pentaxian

One question only:
-How important is the wildlife shooter for Ricoh? What are they planning to do for them in the coming year(s)?

Chris