Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 89 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2018, 09:13 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Is the Ricoh Theta pattern of continuous updates to the camera and wifi software going to be experienced by K1 II owners?

02-24-2018, 01:11 PM   #77

Ask about video. Not only 4k video, but sdi out, or ProRes....even a Ricoh cinema camera, lol. More indi brands like Kinefinity, Blackmagic or AJA are doing well. Even RED makes it way. Ok, Im dreaming, but I would love to ask ¨why not??¨ since pro video is replacing pro photography as concept at a commercial level. Nowdays almost every pro phographer have to be a filmmaker in some way.
02-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #78
Banned

It has been suggested that Pentax wants to target the professional market (beyond studio and landscape). What are you doing to appeal to more professional photographers?
02-24-2018, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Please post your suggestions for our annual interview with Pentax reps. Let's aim for a diverse range of questions rather than just those focusing on DSLRs/current products.
  • The 1.7x rear converter was the first AF TC from Pentax. The current HD 1.4x AW doesn't cover the 35mm image circle. What do you think about an FF TC?
  • Autofocus speed is still an topic for some Pentax users. Improvements has been seen since 2016, but what's your current policy about AF speed and which goals do you have?
  • The automatic AF correction for lenses offered by current Nikon cameras would be a great feature in Pentax top-models. What's the position of Pentax about the implementatin of this kind of feature in the future?
  • Power Zoom still isn't fully supported by Pentax DSLRs. Also only six lenses did feature PZ. How do you see this function in the future of Pentax products?
  • Pentax has build incredible professional grade long telefocal lenses in the late 80s like the FA 300mm 2.8 or the 250-600mm. No other fast aperture tele after the DA* 300m has been presented yet. What do you want to tell about ideas the future and existing lens designs?

Last edited by angerdan; 02-25-2018 at 02:37 AM.
02-24-2018, 08:57 PM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Using Greek letters to appeal to fun loving people who place indiscriminate framing and social media above careful composition and IQ seems ill-advised to me.
Well, it works for sororities!
02-24-2018, 11:21 PM   #81

Photos: Gallery
What do you think still makes you relevant in 2018, and with all the technological advances your competitors are making, how are you still alive?
02-24-2018, 11:49 PM   #82
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
In parallels to f/2.8 DFA zooms, does Ricoh plans on doing a range of DFA f/4 lenses, still pro/semi-pro high quality lenses but more compact/more affordable range?
Also, a couple of more compact /affordable primes, maybe f/1.8 à la Nikon with modern coatings ring SDM etc ?

02-25-2018, 12:05 AM   #83
Pentaxian

In the scope of full frame product line, when does RI plan to introduce smaller f4 lenses such as:
DFA 20mm f4 for landscape + architecture ?
DFA 70-200 f4 for landscape ?
DFA 85 1.4 or DFA 135 f2 for portraits ?
02-25-2018, 02:23 AM   #84
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
DFA 85 1.4
Already due for release in the summer!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-25-2018, 04:05 AM   #85
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Where do you see Pentax fitting in to the camera market?

What are the primary goals with the Pentax brand?

In 5 years where do you see the Pentax brand? ...what about in 10?

What type of person(s) is a Pentax camera designed for?

Do you see a place for DSLRs in the camera market long term?
followup: How does Pentax plan on responding to the trend of mirrorless cameras?
Good questions!

---------- Post added 02-25-18 at 04:15 AM ----------

Bismillah

When I spoke with Ricoh at the Photo Expo in NY this year they mentioned they had no intention of advertising in order to remain small and minimize loses. Does Ricoh still adhere to this strategy?

-Why not work with Fans and Youtubers to help promote awareness of their products among the current fan base?

- Does Ricoh want to keep its current consumers and how do they plan to do this?

- What is the economic and overall goal of the K1 II?

- Did they do enough with the K1 II?

-What would they say to a Pentax fan who is disappointed with the specs of the K1?

-Why did they not improve video, substantially improve AF, add USB 3, and/or make improvements to the body of the K1 II?

-What does Ricoh want to tells its fans?

- Why should a Pentax owner stay with Pentax when there are so many better options in the market?

- What is Ricoh’s plan with APS-C, the GR, medium format, and mirrorless?

---------- Post added 02-25-18 at 04:58 AM ----------

Bismillah

Does Ricoh listen to it customers and what does Ricoh think it’s customers want?

How did this knowledge of the Pentax customer help shape the Pentax K1 II?

How does the innovative modification process of the K1 to K1 II work? What are the conditions for sending in a K1 - how long does it take, what condition must the K1 be in and what specific features does it add to the K1?

The idea (of being able to upgrade the K1 to a K1 II) is revolutionary; is Pentax considering this for other current/future Ricoh products?

Would Ricoh ever consider a new GXR or another product like that?

How substantial are the AF improvements on the K1 II and will these improvements come to the K1 as a firmware update?

Any changes (for better or worse) to Dynamic Range in the K1 II?

Why did Ricoh end production of the K3 II without introducing another APS-C pro-level successor?

Is Ricoh considering new grips for the KP? (Some believe the current grips are too small)

What makes the new FA* 50mm 1.4 so special?

---------- Post added 02-25-18 at 05:03 AM ----------

Bismillah

Why not bring the older FA* lenses back to fill the void in FF lenses?

Last edited by halimj7; 02-25-2018 at 04:19 AM.
02-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #86
Veteran Member

A few posters have already mentioned this, but how does Ricoh see the future of the GR product line?
02-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #87
Pentaxian

ricoh, since so many people are asking for high quality f4 zooms, how do you plan to let your user base know that the da* 60-250 f4 exists?

i kid, i kid!
02-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Q1:do think Pentax MF has a real threat from Fuji.
Q2:instead of renewed K1 for 550$ why not recalling the k1 from users and replace it with k1ii for 1000$.
Q3:is Q system died.
02-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #89

You've opened the Theta up for external developers to make their own apps for it. How is that going so far? Would it be a good idea to do the same for Pentax DSLRs?

---------- Post added 02-25-18 at 11:19 PM ----------

Is the time of small lenses over for Pentax?
02-25-2018, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #90

(I haven't seen a real answer to this, so please correct me if I'm wrong and point me to the info..)

How does the accelerator unit work and what makes it better than postprocessing the image? If the K-1 mk1 and 2 can use the same sensor, thus same input data and same acquired image/pixel values, how is the accelerator processing different/better from doing the same thing in post processing software afterwards? (or is it just a convenience to get some noise reduction without additional post processing, but otherwise similar in result?)

[I think this question is very important for those of us considering the upgrade path or not... I think everyone agrees images with the accelerator processing are cleaner, but how could they if the input data is the same (compared to pp software)? And if so, it's practical to have it built in, but not at all as important for me at least, and many others I think. But if the answer is that they can use some additional info, like sensor temperature or other hardware parameters not available to traditional post processing software, then it's easier to believe that the raws the accelerator outputs have some value and noise removal impossible to achieve otherwise, and is worth more than convenience]