Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2018, 05:57 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I rang them a couple of weeks ago and was told it would cost $700 inclusive of GST.

03-27-2018, 06:18 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
I rang them a couple of weeks ago and was told it would cost $700 inclusive of GST.
yeah,inflations running @ 10% today.
03-28-2018, 12:04 AM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Dont believe anything you read online, Why dont you ring them and get told its A$770 "approximately"
The guy at Kennedys in Brisbane did not know if it included GST or not and referred me to Melbourne.

Just spoke to a guy called Richard in Melbourne at Kennedys and he said A$700 inclusive of GST is what they have agreed on and what they have advertised on the official Facebook page which is what they will be doing the conversion for.

Said when time comes we would just drop it in or get it to your nearest CR Kennedy agency and take it from there when the time begins. Could not confirm date for start of repair period though.
03-28-2018, 12:13 AM   #34
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you spoke with the same bloke I did in Brisbane, he identified the service period as running from 21st May to 30th September.

Tas

03-28-2018, 01:07 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Thats FUNNY, this morning i called the Brisbane office and they said "can we get back to you".

I then spoke to a lady in Melbourne,who had gone and spoken to the techy there who told her it was A$770.

Just seems to be who you talk to on the day???

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Tas

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Growden Quote
. Could not confirm date for start of repair period though.
The info i was given is they are waiting on the parts to arrive and want to get started by 21st May.
03-28-2018, 01:21 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just seems to be who you talk to on the day???
Maybe don't ask a tech?
03-28-2018, 01:32 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
ask a tech
Well, at least i got some sort of answer.

The woman who answered the phn in BrisVegas didnt have a clue.

A guy answered in Melbourne,from the survey side,i told him i wanted to talk to someone about a Pentax K-1.Call was tranfererred, a lady,she identified hereself and i told her what i wamted to know.She didnt have the answer and i had to wait a few mins while she asked the Techy.

So after she told me "approximately 770" i said,so 700 plus GST,she said the techy said "approximately 770"...

So from everybodies experience so far,its a lucky dip!...lol

03-28-2018, 03:43 AM   #38
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thats FUNNY, this morning i called the Brisbane office and they said "can we get back to you". I then spoke to a lady in Melbourne,who had gone and spoken to the techy there who told her it was A$770. Just seems to be who you talk to on the day???
You probably spoke to the young lady receptionist or if she was out maybe a person who works supporting something other than Pentax cameras. I've been to the Bris CRK office a few times and have met the bloke who is the POC for all the Pentax queries. He's the bloke I quoted two and a half weeks ago and that was from a question I asked in late February when the upgrade was first announced.

I did not ask about GST, and as I hope I can drop my camera off at the Bris office I didn't think to ask about mailing my camera to Melbourne. All I asked about was if the service was coming to Oz and if there was an indicative cost for the upgrade. It would help if they clarified on their website if it was $700 incl GST or plus GST but then I still can't see anything on the website regarding this service. My bet is the fog will clear once they post the upgrade service info which I'm guessing will coincide with the model launch or maybe soon after. That would mean 3-4 weeks before we might know what the real cost of the service is.

For me, I'm happy to wait and see how it goes so no rush from my end and the price will be what it will be, but hopefully only $700.

Tas
03-28-2018, 12:53 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am heading off with my car, tent and K-1 for a little drive around Australia and will be on the road (staying primarily in remote areas) with no fixed address throughout the time of the upgrade. Leaving in three weeks and don't expect to be home until October at the earliest.

....bugger
03-28-2018, 01:00 PM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by snpsht Quote
....bugger
If you are in the Never Never,say hello to Steve smith and Dave"sandy"Warner...you are sure to bump into them!
03-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #41
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snpsht Quote
I am heading off with my car, tent and K-1 for a little drive around Australia and will be on the road (staying primarily in remote areas) with no fixed address throughout the time of the upgrade. Leaving in three weeks and don't expect to be home until October at the earliest.

....bugger
Surely you can talk to them about paying during the offer window but getting it fulfilled later.
03-28-2018, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #42
Forum Member

Here you go - Just got this from there Facebook page;
Tony Growden Ok, to Quote "upgrade path for existing owners of the previous K-1 model for just $700 AUD" - now is that $700 inclusive of GST or plus GST because people are ringing your agencies and getting told different things. Apparently the Tech in Melbourne is saying $770 others who answer the phone are saying no $700 - I am taking it at $700 from the picture attached to this - What is correct?
Manage
Instantly send this as a message to Pentax Australia and talk to them directly.
Send Message
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 2h

Pentax Australia
Pentax Australia $700 is the GST inclusive price We will ensure this is further clarified internally to prevent further confusion.
Manage
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 42m
03-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Surely you can talk to them about paying during the offer window but getting it fulfilled later.
I emailed them early in the week, but no response. I might make a call after Easter.
03-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #44

Photos: Albums
Australian laws say advertised or quoted prices must be inclusive of GST. It is illegal to quote a price then try and add GST.

The ATO and ACCC websites confirm this.
04-01-2018, 05:32 AM   #45
Veteran Member

And silver K-1 with grip and 64g card can be had for $2200 or so on Ebay from time to time with the 20% off deal (I got one from dcexpert)