Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2018, 08:43 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Speaking of marketing... a new sensor technology?

In addition to the "newly designed" LCD monitor reported in the Facebook post, Ricoh is introducing a new "CMOS Censor" as seen at the bottom of the K-1 II brochure in @BirdDude007 's fourth image in his WPPI report. See: Visited the Ricoh booth today at the WPPI convention here in Vegas - PentaxForums.com

Intentional or a typo? I would guess that this revolutionary device uses artificial intelligence to decide which of your images should be suppressed before storing on the SD card.

Who proofreads this stuff?

A typo is relatively minor compared to the real news of a new camera and lenses, but they really should do a better job when showcasing their goods.

03-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Here's what it comes down to for me...

I own a few Pentax products, and I spend probably 5-20 minutes on this forum a week, and I seem to know more about this new camera than the people that get paid by the manufacturer to talk about the camera.

Translation error you say? Hire the right people. Fire the screw-ups. Simple.

When you make bogus claims about your product in error (what most everybody is assuming happened here), customers see an error. Mistakes happen.
When the company is called out, and requests for clarification are submitted, and there is absolutely no attempt at clarification, customers see a lack of caring.
All that coupled with the multiple errors and head scratchers in the press release that were never fixed and were never clarified, customers see incompetence. Maybe you don't feel that way, but I do.

There is so much precision engineering that goes into the development of cameras and lenses. There is a ton of attention to detail to be paid in the production of cameras and lenses, and there is a lot of infrastructure and coordination that goes into the distribution of them. When a company that sells most products at around $1000 and you need multiple $1000 other items to even make it work, customers end up putting a lot of faith in the manufacturer's precision, coordination, and attention to detail. When the company repeatedly show a lack of precision, coordination, and attention to detail before the product is even released, it effects consumer faith, and the snowball effect could lead to lower sales. That's the last thing Pentax needs. Not smart on Ricoh's part.

If you want to be professional, act professional. If you want to be taken seriously, act serious. If you want to compete with the big dogs, you have to at least act like a big dog.
03-01-2018, 03:45 PM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshot2 Quote
And her finger is covering the front of the lens!!
I wouldn't be pointing out what a newb she is, SS, she's about nine feet tall!