Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 685 Likes Search this Thread
03-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #136
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Luckily, things here are mostly kept under control - but try the other forum...

No, thank you.

Been there, didn't like it.

Way too much drama.

The customer is often wrong.
If he's cooperative, find out what he wants, and if you can find a mutually beneficial solution do it. If he's uncooperative, ignore him.

Have the customer ordering you around, and you'll kill your business.

Any business is unwilling to serve me as a consumer of their product will find me looking elsewhere for satisfaction. I can't be the only person in the sea of consumers who has that point of view, in fact I know I am not alone.

Also, one unhappy customer can create more negative advertising for a business that 10,000 happy ones.

Businesses know this, and the successful ones embrace it.

03-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #137
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
With respect, though, I don't believe Ricoh is aiming for greatness... I could be wrong, but I don't think so. It looks to me like it's trying to run and maintain a good, solid and somewhat individual digital camera and lens business that appeals to a certain type of photographer. A business that is profitable, of course, but of manageable size and risk relative to its wider business activities.

Some of the noise we get seems to be from those who want Pentax to be something it's not. That isn't necessarily a bad thing - we can all wish and hope for what we'd like - but I doubt it has any impact on Ricoh's corporate strategy
Kinda splitting hairs aren't we?
Anyway, can you reply to the question with an answer rather than a deflection?

---------- Post added 03-04-18 at 04:58 PM ----------

Wheatfield, you claimed: "It’s noise from the user base that spurs companies to bring new stuff to the market.". Support that claim; don't try to shift the burden of proof.

And obviously, companies are in the business to make a profit - not to gather most complaints.
Do I really have to prove it? I would have thought that would have been self evident.
is customer feedback important - Google Search
03-04-2018, 04:04 PM   #138
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Kinda splitting hairs aren't we?
Anyway, can you reply to the question with an answer rather than a deflection?
I'm not splitting hairs at all, and your question wasn't even directed at me, Bill... I'm merely stating an opinion in a friendly and courteous way, and I'd hope in future I can expect the same courtesy from you in your responses (or alternatively, no response at all)...
03-04-2018, 04:15 PM - 4 Likes   #139
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The question is whether the whiners are your customers - or even people you want as customers - or just whiners.

03-04-2018, 04:23 PM - 5 Likes   #140
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Do I really have to prove it? I would have thought that would have been self evident.
is customer feedback important - Google Search
I have been both involved in and organized some feedback/market research, and I can tell you that you don't listen to loud cranks, you rule them out as outliers and hope they don't put off the rest of the focus group. Someone with an axe to grind is to be ignored, or they distort the data.

Like an internet forum, right?
03-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #141
Pentaxian

Yes, you have to prove it or retract it. Your actual claim, that is: "It’s noise from the user base that spurs companies to bring new stuff to the market." - I noticed how your google query has nothing to do with it.
Of course you can't prove it, because it's pure nonsense. Would you retract it then? It doesn't look that way.
03-04-2018, 05:22 PM - 1 Like   #142
mee
Veteran Member

So what is the end game to this discussion... burn the critics at the stake or Dunk them in water and see if they float? It seems the negativity here to negativism is getting rather.. negative. That's ironical.

And calling people 'eeyores' isn't quite friendly in itself.. just a term to package and reduce people with whom you disagree. That's not right!

I think these long, multi-page threads on how a small, handful of vaguely and perceived negative people to be more 'harmful' to the brand than the few negative posts they possibly generate... whomever you think they are. I'm also sure if we asked everyone active on the forums, we'd all have a different top 3.

It seems it doesn't take much for some of us to become triggered over other opinions and derail the thread themselves, fighting these personal views as if they are arguing absolutes that will make or break the brand.. (it isn't life or death.. and we can agree to disagree?)

So can we pretty please with sugar lumps on top get back on track and just accept that not everyone is going to have the same PoV?

03-04-2018, 05:29 PM - 1 Like   #143
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
So what is the end game to this discussion... burn the critics at the stake or Dunk them in water and see if they float? It seems the negativity here to negativism is getting rather.. negative.
I think the end game is that everyone be constructive, whether in acclaim or criticism of what Ricoh is doing, and to be tolerant, courteous and respectful when we disagree. Of course, that's not always human nature, but we can aim for that and deal with it when it falls short

So can we pretty please with sugar lumps on top get back on track and just accept that not everyone is going to have the same PoV?
I'm with you on that score!
03-04-2018, 05:58 PM - 1 Like   #144
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I think the end game is that everyone be constructive, whether in acclaim or criticism of what Ricoh is doing, and to be tolerant, courteous and respectful when we disagree. Of course, that's not always human nature, but we can aim for that and deal with it when it falls short
I'm all for that. But it seems this thread and a few members are caught in a feedback loop for the past several pages.. over one persons post many pages back... sinking... slowly sinking.. glug.. glug.. glug.

Can we at least talk about Salsa. It is delicious... it goes with corn chips, tacos, chimichangas, tamales. I've even used it as a topping for chicken sandwiches . Low fat, low calorie, high flavor.. can even eat it while arguing viewpoints on PentaxForums..
03-04-2018, 06:07 PM - 4 Likes   #145
Pentaxian

This thread started off with what is supposed to be good news. Maybe those who have been waiting for a K-3ii follow up can celebrate, and the rest of us can just watch.
03-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #146
Veteran Member

hopefully they can keep working on it.
03-04-2018, 06:30 PM   #147
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico

Can we at least talk about Salsa. It is delicious... it goes with corn chips, tacos, chimichangas, tamales. I've even used it as a topping for chicken sandwiches . Low fat, low calorie, high flavor.. can even eat it while arguing viewpoints on PentaxForums..

Bacon?
03-04-2018, 08:00 PM - 1 Like   #148
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Bacon?
Do you even have to ask?
03-04-2018, 10:16 PM - 4 Likes   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So what is the end game to this discussion... burn the critics at the stake or Dunk them in water and see if they float? It seems the negativity here to negativism is getting rather.. negative. That's ironical. And calling people 'eeyores' isn't quite friendly in itself.. just a term to package and reduce people with whom you disagree. That's not right!
Couldn't agree more. There seem to be 3 or 4 rather unfriendly folks here that feel it is their job to monopolize these threads and crush any dissent from the party line.
I don't see any trolls here, just people with different ideas as to where Ricoh should be going.

As for the K-3 line continuing. Great news. I think it will be 2019. I believe it is well worth waiting for the latest BSI sensor technology.
By the way, the KP is very impressive. Unless you absolutely need the deeper buffer of the K-3 or the dual card slot then the KP is a really strong offering and is great value right now.
03-05-2018, 02:03 AM   #150
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Pentax/Ricoh never said it was.
My comment was aimed at those insisting that the KP was intended to be the new flagship.