Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2018, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member
angerdan's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 485
FF TC - full frame teleconverter

Finally we know a new TC will come 🔭
When it happens, it'l be the first FF TC from Pentax who uses the AF of the lens. The AF of the F 1.7X was independend from the lens.

So if there are no surprises, a possible name can be D FA 1.4X AW.

Since the price for the DA was around $400, the D FA could be around 500$.
Pentax HD DA Rear Converter 1,4x AW | In der Grafik - in the? | Flickr
Pentax AF-Adapter 1,7x ebay | In der Grafik - in the chart: ? | Flickr

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
  • The 1.7x rear converter was the first AF TC from Pentax. The current HD 1.4x AW doesn't cover the 35mm image circle. What do you think about an FF TC?


03-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,799
Great news! Whens this happyning?
03-06-2018, 03:39 PM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 10,215
They don't say.
03-06-2018, 04:18 PM - 3 Likes   #4
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East of England
Posts: 8,218
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Since the price for the DA was around $400, the D FA could be around 500$.
Could, but just as likely may not be. Make no assumptions, as those can so easily lead to disappointments. Rely only on information from Ricoh's own announcements as and when they happen

03-06-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 271
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Finally we know a new TC will come 🔭
When it happens, it'l be the first FF TC from Pentax who uses the AF of the lens. The AF of the F 1.7X was independend from the lens.

So if there are no surprises, a possible name can be D FA 1.4X AW.

Since the price for the DA was around $400, the D FA could be around 500$.
Pentax HD DA Rear Converter 1,4x AW | In der Grafik - in the? | Flickr
Pentax AF-Adapter 1,7x ebay | In der Grafik - in the chart: ? | Flickr
Where from knows?
03-06-2018, 05:20 PM - 1 Like   #6
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East of England
Posts: 8,218
QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Where from knows?
We know that a full frame TC may be in the pipeline from PF Staff's interview with Ricoh at CP+... but we have absolutely no indication of is expected price or release date.
03-06-2018, 05:32 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,553
Waiting for one here. Hopefully not two years out. How hard can it be?
03-06-2018, 05:35 PM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 271
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
We know that a full frame TC may be in the pipeline from PF Staff's interview with Ricoh at CP+... but we have absolutely no indication of is expected price or release date.
Good new,that's what I want!

03-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #9
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East of England
Posts: 8,218
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Waiting for one here. Hopefully not two years out. How hard can it be?
I don't think it's all that hard - but it's an entirely new product, it has to be optically capable of impressing users with a 36MP FF sensor, and we don't know where it sits on Ricoh's priority list. There'll be more to development and release times than the difficulty of this one product design...
03-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon Cascades
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,448
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
How hard can it be?
Probably not all that hard compared to something like the DFA*50mm but it still takes up R&D time, resources and a spot on the production line. Just a simple cost / benefit problem. Which likely puts a new TC rather far down on the list. 2020? 2021?
03-06-2018, 05:44 PM - 2 Likes   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,553
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I don't think it's all that hard - but it's an entirely new product, it has to be optically capable of impressing users with a 36MP FF sensor, and we don't know where it sits on Ricoh's priority list. There'll be more to development and release times than the difficulty of this one product design...
I know, I know but i am heading to Yellowstone in 2 months. So hop to it Pentax!!!
03-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #12
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East of England
Posts: 8,218
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I know, I know but i am heading to Yellowstone in 2 months. So hop to it Pentax!!!
LOL Well, you've thrown down the gauntlet!
03-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #13
Pentaxian
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,465
Given the dearth of modern extreme telephoto options available for K-mount, a FF TC would be extremely welcome to pair with the DFA 150-450. Indeed, I'd say it's a necessity to value-add to the current DFA lineup, and I'm surprised it wasn't a priority.

Like others, I don't imagine that a FF TC would be technically the most challenging task on Pentax's plate, but I don't know that for sure. Let's hope we see it sooner rather than later.
03-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #14
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 11,007
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I don't imagine that a FF TC would be technically the most challenging task on Pentax's plate, but I don't know that for sure. Let's hope we see it sooner rather than later.
Just remember it took over 10 years for the current HD DA rear converter to appear [in 2014] after Pentax introduced it's first APS-C DSLR [in 2003] ... So, be patient
03-06-2018, 07:45 PM   #15
Pentaxian
str8talk83's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Naples, FL
Photos: Albums
Posts: 372
This is definitely needed in the lineup, although there aren’t many lenses to use it with yet. I’m very impressed with the DA version, so I’m sure they will deliver.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, aw, converter, der, dfa, ff, ff tc, flickr, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, tc, tc full frame, teleconverter
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Full Frame Tamron 1.4X Pz-AF MC4 auto focus TC - (MIJ! THE quality budget choice) cheekygeek Sold Items 2 06-22-2017 10:00 AM
Some questions about buying sony full frame + adapters + pentax full frame lens jhlxxx Pentax Full Frame 8 06-14-2017 05:13 PM
From Full-Frame Sony... to Pentax... to Full-Frame Canon Mr_Canuck Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 42 01-21-2014 12:50 AM
Full frame or no full frame.... Deedee Pentax K-3 14 10-08-2013 05:39 AM
Full Frame Full Frame vanchaz2002 Pentax DSLR Discussion 30 12-11-2008 07:09 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:20 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top